Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#3421 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
  • Jr. Member
  • 458 posts

    Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

    We opted to pay for the carrot cake (size was for 6 people) and I am really glad we did it. Yes, it was expensive and was barely eaten but I cannto imagine not having done the traditional cake cutting and feeding each other. Some of the pictures taken during the cake cutting are my favorite from the reception, so I am glad we got the cake.

    Originally Posted by mstigger 

    Ok, I'm having the cake debate....to have or not to have. I've gone with a set menu and we are having the mango cheesecake for dessert. I think I read the cake was not good, true? I asked about red velvet and they said no problem, but is it worth $85 for a cake for 6 people?? I am sure that would feed more than 6, but I'm just not sure it's worth it......especially if it's not good

    Thoughts from those of you who have been there and done that??



    #3422 nbateman

    nbateman
    • Jr. Member
    • 280 posts

      Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

      Originally Posted by CanadianLindsey 


      Our guests ended up at the disco every night after everyone had their individual or group dinners, and always had a good time. They had kareoke, Michael Jackson impersonation night, tequila tasting, djs and live bands. Even the night of our wedding, once the reception got shut down at 11pm, we moved the party to the disco and I rocked my wedding dress too!!!

      Ok, this makes me feel better too, disco it is then!! thanks!



      #3423 Goldielochs47

      Goldielochs47
      • Newbie
      • 29 posts

        Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

        Our WC quote me $75 to put two sheers over the Gazebo!!! WTH!!! I am only doing a Vow Rnewal which was advertised as free. I was going with the Pearl Wedding Package at first then change to a Vow Renewal since it will just be my huband and I. Well now it's " We no longer offer a Free Vow Renewal". But it's still being advertised on their site mind you!!!! AT the bottom it clearly states for bookings made after Jan 2012 and beyond. I have been corresponding with them since February!!They will try and nickel and dime you for every little thing. It is so aggravating!!!! Uuuuggghhh!!



        #3424 MelanieS

        MelanieS
        • Member
        • 820 posts

          Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

           

           

          Our daughter didn't think she really wanted the whole cake cutting/feeding thing, so they just used one of the desserts they had at their private reception and the pics turned out really well.  



          #3425 mstigger

          mstigger
          • Jr. Member
          • 239 posts

            Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

            Thank you Melanie!! I think I will stick with just using out dessert and spend $85 elsewhere!!

            Originally Posted by MelanieS 

             

             

            Our daughter didn't think she really wanted the whole cake cutting/feeding thing, so they just used one of the desserts they had at their private reception and the pics turned out really well.  



            #3426 Darcy

            Darcy
            • Newbie
            • 30 posts

              Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

              I was told $5 per person (for both) is the standard but depends on quantity of decorations. We are looking at 40 guests so it adds up.  My travel agent that has worked with the this resort told me that if you have one of your guests help with the decorations you bring this can avoid the fee all together. Not sure that I want to ask any of my guests to do that though.



              #3427 LKocelko

              LKocelko
              • Jr. Member
              • 350 posts

                Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

                Originally Posted by Darcy 

                I was told $5 per person (for both) is the standard but depends on quantity of decorations. We are looking at 40 guests so it adds up.  My travel agent that has worked with the this resort told me that if you have one of your guests help with the decorations you bring this can avoid the fee all together. Not sure that I want to ask any of my guests to do that though.

                It's been my understanding from recent brides that they do not allow you to do that anymore, and my WC told me that would not be an option, unfortunately.



                #3428 Darcy

                Darcy
                • Newbie
                • 30 posts

                  Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

                  Mine just told me that it wouldn't be a problem if I wanted someone to set up the place cardholder but I am not sure if that applies to the sashes which I decided to buy I found a great deal I couldn't pass up 200 for $20 instead of renting for $4 a sash!



                  #3429 jnitschke

                  jnitschke
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 251 posts

                    Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

                    Originally Posted by Darcy 

                    Mine just told me that it wouldn't be a problem if I wanted someone to set up the place cardholder but I am not sure if that applies to the sashes which I decided to buy I found a great deal I couldn't pass up 200 for $20 instead of renting for $4 a sash!


                    Darcy that is a great deal!!! where did you find that?....

                     

                    also, on the cost for decorating... I figure the amount that I will save will far out weight the amount they would charge me per item, so $5 per person or $150 for set up is still way better than say.. oh .. $200 per sheer... at the whopping cost of $1000 for 5 sheers!!!. ... it's a charge I'm willing to take, and since I'm going to have to pay for it.  I'm going to get everything I possibly can on my own to throw into that set up fee.  When I'm done, I plan to add up all my own spending + set up fees.. and then see the true savings from ordering ala carte.



                    #3430 LKocelko

                    LKocelko
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 350 posts

                      Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

                      Originally Posted by jnitschke 


                      Darcy that is a great deal!!! where did you find that?....

                       

                      also, on the cost for decorating... I figure the amount that I will save will far out weight the amount they would charge me per item, so $5 per person or $150 for set up is still way better than say.. oh .. $200 per sheer... at the whopping cost of $1000 for 5 sheers!!!. ... it's a charge I'm willing to take, and since I'm going to have to pay for it.  I'm going to get everything I possibly can on my own to throw into that set up fee.  When I'm done, I plan to add up all my own spending + set up fees.. and then see the true savings from ordering ala carte.

                      That is an excellent point :) Plus then you can always try and re-sell all the decor your bring.






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter