Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#331 shannon

shannon
  • Member
  • 772 posts

    Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:54 PM

    Well- I couldn't find the old email - but I swear that is what she said- I can see the email in my head... I sent an email to Valeria last night and this is her response now... --ignore the first sentence- I'm trying to get a quote for if we had red velvet as our "flavor" for our cake- it's me and my FI's fav...

    Hi Shannon,

    Yes, this will be what we are waiting for, the red velvet cake, I will keep
    you posted on that, again, My sincere apologies for the delay of this
    response.

    About the Photographer, I know you will bring Cancun Studios - there will be a 500 usd fee and if she brings any assitants there is a 72 usd day pass per assistant.

    Also her RFC and working documents, to be presented to the Hotel.

    Thanks!


    If any doubt arises, please, do not hesitate to contact me, I will be more
    than happy to assist you.

    Sincerely Yours,

    Valeria Martinez.
    Wedding Sales Executive

    #332 shannon

    shannon
    • Member
    • 772 posts

      Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:57 PM

      Jwolfe---since you have 3 total people for photography/videography-- what I'm getting from Valeria's email -is that you would have to pay for "only" 2 day passes ---for the "extra" 2 people that is with your "main" photographer....- you shouldn't have to pay 3 days passes or for any private parties....
      -----what a mess....

      #333 jfwolfe72

      jfwolfe72
      • Jr. Member
      • 433 posts

        Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:09 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by shannon
        Jwolfe---since you have 3 total people for photography/videography-- what I'm getting from Valeria's email -is that you would have to pay for "only" 2 day passes ---for the "extra" 2 people that is with your "main" photographer....- you shouldn't have to pay 3 days passes or for any private parties....
        -----what a mess....
        I was just going to ask you that I would only need to pay for 2 day passes, right? Why do they have so many different versions of what needs to be paid for, etc? My TA has a meeting there this or next week and is going to discuss their fees and not being clear and upfront about the charges from the beginning. I'll let you know if she is able to resolve any issues.

        #334 jfwolfe72

        jfwolfe72
        • Jr. Member
        • 433 posts

          Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:13 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by shannon
          Well- I couldn't find the old email - but I swear that is what she said- I can see the email in my head... I sent an email to Valeria last night and this is her response now... --ignore the first sentence- I'm trying to get a quote for if we had red velvet as our "flavor" for our cake- it's me and my FI's fav...
          How much extra is the red velvet cake? That sounds yummy!!

          #335 shannon

          shannon
          • Member
          • 772 posts

            Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:26 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by jfwolfe72
            I was just going to ask you that I would only need to pay for 2 day passes, right? Why do they have so many different versions of what needs to be paid for, etc? My TA has a meeting there this or next week and is going to discuss their fees and not being clear and upfront about the charges from the beginning. I'll let you know if she is able to resolve any issues.
            that will be awesome-- thanks so much!!!

            #336 Melba

            Melba
            • Newbie
            • 132 posts

              Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:38 PM

              That Red Velvet Cake does sound good, we love the cupcakes. Let us know what she tells you!

              #337 shannon

              shannon
              • Member
              • 772 posts

                Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:34 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by jfwolfe72
                How much extra is the red velvet cake? That sounds yummy!!
                She hasn't gotten back to me-- I guess she is hounding the kitchen-- we might just do the bottom layer-- but it is our absolute favorite-one of my biggest enemies in losing weight!-I'll let you know when she gets back to me- we are "scheduled" to make our final payment Friday-so it should be this week....

                #338 nde062010

                nde062010
                • Newbie
                • 106 posts

                  Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:43 PM

                  After looking at lots of professional wedding pics at EDR ... it looks like there are two reception locations outside under a big 'hut' next to a pool....? One looks much bigger than the other ... what are the names of these locations?

                  I've been trying to search these forums but it seems reception pictures are what we have the least of...


                  :) spanks!

                  #339 shannon

                  shannon
                  • Member
                  • 772 posts

                    Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:45 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by nde062010
                    After looking at lots of professional wedding pics at EDR ... it looks like there are two reception locations outside under a big 'hut' next to a pool....? One looks much bigger than the other ... what are the names of these locations?

                    I've been trying to search these forums but it seems reception pictures are what we have the least of...


                    :) spanks!
                    I'm not completely sure- so someone correct me if I'm wrong- but I think the bigger one is the "covered pool" area beside Fuentes and the smaller one is Tucanes??!?!

                    #340 maggiemaylou

                    maggiemaylou
                    • Newbie
                    • 95 posts

                      Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:21 PM

                      Just thought I would post something else to fuel to the outside vendor fee fire! I am not excited about this at all, and don't want my photographer to be faced with any hassles from hotel staff. SO I guess I am going to have to pay the $500 and for a 3 night stay, even though she is only staying 1 night! This gets more ridiculous everyday! Does anyone have any correspondence from Monica or any other WC that they would be willing to share to help me try and bargain with Monica?

                      Thanks!

                      "Outside photographers and videographers are not allowed on property unless pre-approved by the hotel in advance. The hotels reserve the right to deny access to the property to any unauthorized photographer or videographer. Please contact your wedding coordinator for more information on approved vendors. Outside photographers and videographer approved by the hotel will incur a $500 photo fee and a 3 night minimum stay at the hotel.

                      El Dorado Spa Resorts & Hotels and Azul Hotels, by Karisma abide by all
                      Mexican governing laws which require foreign workers to obtain proper
                      licensing and work certificates while in Mexico doing work for themselves or
                      on behalf of others. We reserve the right to request proof of such license
                      and/or work certificate.'

                      Lauren & RyanEl Dorado RoyaleJune 20, 2008http://ticker.7910.o....mcgaXMgaW4.gif




                      1 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter