Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#3381 LKocelko

LKocelko
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by mstigger 

I had my first dress fitting today and it went really well. I bought my dress from one of those knock off shops in China. I paid $150 for it and was really concerned the alterations would cost more than the dress because I ordered about 4 sizes too big.....OOPS!!!

The lady we met was wonderful and it's going to cost me less than $50 and she basically has to remake the dress. I am SO happy my friend recommended her

Pictures to come when I go back mid February.

Now, back to my sound system dilemma - I know someone here had a tech savvy husband or future husband and was going to keep me informed of any good deals that they found that would be good for the Health Bar which is outside across from the beach, but for the life of me I can't find the post. I have terrible wedding brain these days, please forgive me!!

I'm still trying to decide if I want to rent or purchase. Purchasing makes more sense if we can get one reasonable enough, but I'm not sure if what we purchase will be loud enough, etc.

Someone want to just make this decision for me I would very glad to let you!!!

It was me! Still keeping any eye, will ask my FI if he had any luck. I've been ragging on him to work on our paper products, so he probably forgot. I vote bring your own, but that's just me and probably because that's what I'm doing :)

How many people are you having again? We are having probably 25 and I think the player should be enough for Health Bar, which is also where ours is.

#3382 LKocelko

LKocelko
    • 350 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

I asked him, and he said he gets all his good electronic deals from Tiger Direct (aka CompUSA). I don't know where exactly you live, they do have a store out here by me, but they also have some online:

http://www.tigerdirect.com

I don't know about you, but I'm also obsessed with Amazon. I bet you could find a good deal on there, and if you find one that qualifies for Free Super Saver Shipping then that's a bonus :)

#3383 AllieH

AllieH
      • Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 2,014 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
      • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

You're making us wait a month for pics of you in your dress? cruel!!!!

I had my first dress fitting today and it went really well. I bought my dress from one of those knock off shops in China. I paid $150 for it and was really concerned the alterations would cost more than the dress because I ordered about 4 sizes too big.....OOPS!!!

The lady we met was wonderful and it's going to cost me less than $50 and she basically has to remake the dress. I am SO happy my friend recommended her

Pictures to come when I go back mid February.

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#3384 JEM236

JEM236
      • 21 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Hi Ladies, 

In talking about the set up fee, are you all finding there is a flat set up fee for decorations you bring yourself or if you use decorations provided by Lomas?

I ordered invitations, a wedding website cards and RSVP card from a designer on Etsy who sent me a PDF for all three that I print myself. Two per page so I don't have to print as many copies.

Here is a copy of the RSVP card.  Did you ladies use any type of pocket folder for the invitations or did you just put all the items in an envelope? I'm going to use nice card stock but I am not quite sure how to do the presentation.

#3385 JEM236

JEM236
        • 21 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Here is my RSVP card I got on Etsy....didn't post in my last post.

#3386 nbateman

nbateman
          • 280 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Hey Allie, since the map of EDR is beyond mini, I can't tell where anything is and would like to point guests in the right direction of key locations.

Would you help me by pointing out where gazebo 55 is? I know you give directions on your wedding website, but I still can't understand where on the map it is.  Also, where is guacamayas and cocotal relative to gazebo 55? We're doing ceremony at the gazebo then moving to cocotal then most likely guacamayas (that's the night club, right?).

Also, while I'm asking, what did you think about the night club, good music, fun, etc.?

#3387 mstigger

mstigger
            • 239 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Thanks so much.

Now to just figure out what would work. There are only 16 of us and we will be at the health bar, any suggestions on brand etc?

Thanks for the help as I am tech illiterate!!

Originally Posted by LKocelko 

I asked him, and he said he gets all his good electronic deals from Tiger Direct (aka CompUSA). I don't know where exactly you live, they do have a store out here by me, but they also have some online:

http://www.tigerdirect.com

I don't know about you, but I'm also obsessed with Amazon. I bet you could find a good deal on there, and if you find one that qualifies for Free Super Saver Shipping then that's a bonus :)

#3388 mstigger

mstigger
              • 239 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

I ordered the dress from www.kissdresses.com. I would post a pic of the model, but they don't have that one for sale anymore.

I'm only making you wait a month because I was so preoccupied I forgot to take any pictures today.....oops!!! Soon though!!

Originally Posted by AllieH 

I'm glad the alterations won't be expensive for you. where did you order it from again??

#3389 AllieH

AllieH
                • 2,014 posts
                • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

ok Gale, in that case I'll forgive you for making us wait (and you know I'm just teasing you, right??).

Originally Posted by mstigger 

I ordered the dress from www.kissdresses.com. I would post a pic of the model, but they don't have that one for sale anymore.

I'm only making you wait a month because I was so preoccupied I forgot to take any pictures today.....oops!!! Soon though!!

Quote:
                Originally Posted by AllieH 

I'm glad the alterations won't be expensive for you. where did you order it from again??

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

#3390 AllieH

AllieH
                • 2,014 posts
                • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

Sure, no problem!

Here's a link to the map on their website. If you double click it, it'll get (a little) bigger.

Hey Allie, since the map of EDR is beyond mini, I can't tell where anything is and would like to point guests in the right direction of key locations.

Would you help me by pointing out where gazebo 55 is? I know you give directions on your wedding website, but I still can't understand where on the map it is.  Also, where is guacamayas and cocotal relative to gazebo 55? We're doing ceremony at the gazebo then moving to cocotal then most likely guacamayas (that's the night club, right?).

Also, while I'm asking, what did you think about the night club, good music, fun, etc.?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter