El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

uhm, yeah, $7 per cupcake is nuts. they certainly aren't worth $7 each!!!!!

and the inconsistencies in the pricing quotes really drove me over the edge when I was doing my planning as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maybeachbride View Post

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

They were $4.50 each for chocolate, vanilla or strawberry, all with cream cheese frosting. You do have to have a minimum - I think it was 24, but don't remember exactly.

So Valeria just quoted my $7 per cupcake with a minimum of 10. It is crazy how inconstant the pricing is!

Bubble wrap is the best route for the fragile items. or if you have other soft things you can stuff inside, and then wrap the outside with the bubble wrap, that should work too. the main thing is to wrap them inside & out though. I would also consider carrying those on - baggage handlers are notoriously rough on checked stuff.

Originally Posted by mstigger View Post

Ok, so I have a question for those brides that have already been there, done that!

I wasn't taking any type of glass candle holders, and now I am. How did you pack all of your things? Did you wrap them in bubble wrap and hope for the best? I got these cute holders for $1 so no biggie if they break, but just curious how you packed your fragile items and how they made the trip.

As always, thank you -You are all so helpful!!

We used 4 songs for our symbolic ceremony.

Train-"Soul Sister" For the wedding party and groom to walk to

"Somewhere Over the Rainbow"(50 First Dates movie version) For me and my dad to walk to

City and Colour-"The Girl" For when we signed the marriage papers

HIM-"Right Here in My Arms" For when we and the wedding party all walked back after the ceremony.

None of the songs played in their entirety, the resort staff just faded them out when needed.

Originally Posted by LKocelko View Post

We are going to bring our iPod player with it. I couldn't justify spending a couple hundred dollars to play an iPod for our small group of 25. You can buy them so cheap nowadays, and we didn't need anything crazy since there were so few of us. We also didn't think we'd need to rent the mic and all that, since there won't be a big group of us to hear speeches and stuff. If you decide to buy one and want some sites that have good deals let me know, my FI is always looking at all that electronic stuff (that we don't need....) stupid.gif

We rented one for $250...back then it was the only option. It came with a microphone for speeches and a staff member who manned it for us which was nice because they had my "dance" playlist going but then also hooked up their own ipod with some Mexican music for an impromptu congo line and tequila shots with the bar staff!! We only had 26 people but the bigger sound system made it feel more like a party(also our reception was at Tuccanes which is an outdoor venue so you need the sound louder).

That's the system my WC is trying to sell me and since our reception is at the health bar, which is not that big, I'm not sure we need that one. Especially since there's only going to be 16 of us.....well that's all that have confirmed so far.

What do you guys think?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianLindsey View Post

We rented one for $250...back then it was the only option. It came with a microphone for speeches and a staff member who manned it for us which was nice because they had my "dance" playlist going but then also hooked up their own ipod with some Mexican music for an impromptu congo line and tequila shots with the bar staff!! We only had 26 people but the bigger sound system made it feel more like a party(also our reception was at Tuccanes which is an outdoor venue so you need the sound louder).

Oh I LOVE your garter Gale!!!! and for 16 people in the health bar, I'm not sure you need their amplifier system either. Do you guys plan to dance, or do you think it'll be more of a chat-eat-laugh sort of event? The one nice thing about their system is includes a microphone, if you're planning to do introductions, speeches, toasts, etc. It would also include someone to keep the music going, so one of your guest doesn't have to worry about that.

Ok so I know this is more something for a planning thread....if I ever do one, but LOOK at my garter that I had special made on Etsy.

OMG, I love it!!!!

That's the system my WC is trying to sell me and since our reception is at the health bar, which is not that big, I'm not sure we need that one. Especially since there's only going to be 16 of us.....well that's all that have confirmed so far.

What do you guys think?

I'm finally getting around to blogging more photos and such from our stay at EDR (so what if it's 2+ months late...)

The resort: http://alliesnewday.blogspot.com/2013/01/welp-yeah-here-i-am.html

The food part 1: http://alliesnewday.blogspot.com/2013/01/edr-food-part-1.html

hope you ladies are all doing well!! 

my DH is recovering from the flu, so it was a tough week here in our house. 

Hi all! Just wanted to say thank you to all you lovely brides (especially AllieH) for sharing your weddings they are so inspiring. I'm a newbie poster (but long time reader) who is finally engaged & now looking to get married in Mexico 2015, your weddings have given me great ideas! :DX

Hi! welcome to the group. I'm so glad my over-sharing is helpful :) congratulations on your engagement!!!! 

Originally Posted by Lfcgirl88 View Post

Hi all! Just wanted to say thank you to all you lovely brides (especially AllieH) for sharing your weddings they are so inspiring. I'm a newbie poster (but long time reader) who is finally engaged & now looking to get married in Mexico 2015, your weddings have given me great ideas! :DX

Hi ladies!

I need some VistaPrint help. I'm curious how people get so many items for free.......do you just get whatever they are offering, pay shipping and wait until they offer the item for free again?

I got 10 free thank you cards and tried to get more but they charged me.

What to do, what to do!!

Thanks to you VistaPrint experts!!