Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#311 shannon

shannon
  • Member
  • 772 posts

    Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:41 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by timelsel
    Valeria has been very explicit that if we bring anything from home other than place cards that there will be a $5 charge PER PERSON to put everything out, even though I've told her I would do it myself. She said the staff can't allow that, but we may try to bring some stuff anyway.
    You know- I think I read that in an earlier post-- from someone else, also... Valeria hasn't said anything to me about that- and in the spreadsheet she sent us -(and we just "signed off on and paid"!)- she had written, "bride will bring her own votives, please place 5 votives on each high table (for cocktail party and chocolote fondue party) and place 22 votives with centerpieces on tables at Las Fuentes." - she didn't have a charge on the spreadsheet for setting up the votives...... If they try and charge us when we get to the resort,, it might turn a little ugly---we'll see...... :)

    #312 shannon

    shannon
    • Member
    • 772 posts

      Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:44 PM

      That is sad about the pizza/burger joint!! Well, maybe that will help steer me to the salads at the health bar- hehe..

      #313 SheaS

      SheaS
      • Jr. Member
      • 380 posts

        Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:33 AM

        Jo Jo's is across from the pizza and burger place, and that has a good pretty quick lunch. They have nachos and appetizers and stuff!

        #314 jfwolfe72

        jfwolfe72
        • Jr. Member
        • 433 posts

          Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:05 PM

          I just got a response back from Monica regarding the pizza/burger place:

          "Yes, it was burne[d], I do not remeber if was la[s]t week or the week before, but not to worry, the hotel is working on it and it will be ready by your holiday [April 20, 2008]."

          So, good news, hopefully!

          #315 ctpetch

          ctpetch
          • Newbie
          • 130 posts

            Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:57 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by shannon
            You know- I think I read that in an earlier post-- from someone else, also... Valeria hasn't said anything to me about that- and in the spreadsheet she sent us -(and we just "signed off on and paid"!)- she had written, "bride will bring her own votives, please place 5 votives on each high table (for cocktail party and chocolote fondue party) and place 22 votives with centerpieces on tables at Las Fuentes." - she didn't have a charge on the spreadsheet for setting up the votives...... If they try and charge us when we get to the resort,, it might turn a little ugly---we'll see...... :)
            Is there a spreadsheet that I need to fill out on all the amentities we are requesting for our ceremony & private party? Do I just email all the arrangements to WC and she will send the confirmation. What about for appointments for hair & nails if I am doing that? NEED INFO ASAP HAVE TO SEND REQUEST IN TOMMORROW.

            THANKS:

            #316 shannon

            shannon
            • Member
            • 772 posts

              Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:06 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ctpetch
              Is there a spreadsheet that I need to fill out on all the amentities we are requesting for our ceremony & private party? Do I just email all the arrangements to WC and she will send the confirmation. What about for appointments for hair & nails if I am doing that? NEED INFO ASAP HAVE TO SEND REQUEST IN TOMMORROW.

              THANKS:
              Hey-- yea, I sent in all my of requests and Valeria sent back an organized spreadsheet with everything broken down and w/ prices... I had sent her pictures of some of the things I wanted and she had those on the spreadsheet too-- to send to the on-site coordinators.. The last page of the spreadsheet has our "rooming list" -a list of all of our booked guests--- with any special rooming requests...the WC will do all of that for you... I knew me and my sister were getting our hair done, and I am getting the "exotic grape treatment" that morning- so I went ahead and scheduled those through her.. All of my requests were sent through email, and she did the actual spreadsheet... If you want to see my spreadsheet- just PM me... :) Hope this helps!!

              #317 overwhelmed

              overwhelmed
              • Newbie
              • 3 posts

                Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:16 PM

                Hi Guys-

                Has any done the sunset cruise at Maroma Beach? We did a site visit a few weeks ago before booking EDR (we looked at Azul, ED Maroma, and EDR) and the on-site wedding coordinator told us that we could do this as our wedding reception. Has anyone looked into doing this or been on the cruise? It consist of having cocktails on a catamaran and then having a lobster/steak dinner on the beach. I am concerned with how the food will taste. It is not catered by EDR but rather by the Marina itself. Anyone eaten there?

                Thanks

                #318 ctpetch

                ctpetch
                • Newbie
                • 130 posts

                  Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:15 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by shannon
                  Hey-- yea, I sent in all my of requests and Valeria sent back an organized spreadsheet with everything broken down and w/ prices... I had sent her pictures of some of the things I wanted and she had those on the spreadsheet too-- to send to the on-site coordinators.. The last page of the spreadsheet has our "rooming list" -a list of all of our booked guests--- with any special rooming requests...the WC will do all of that for you... I knew me and my sister were getting our hair done, and I am getting the "exotic grape treatment" that morning- so I went ahead and scheduled those through her.. All of my requests were sent through email, and she did the actual spreadsheet... If you want to see my spreadsheet- just PM me... :) Hope this helps!!
                  That would be helpful if you can send the spreadsheet to my email @ ftw6769@aol.com --thank you

                  #319 shannon

                  shannon
                  • Member
                  • 772 posts

                    Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:53 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ctpetch
                    That would be helpful if you can send the spreadsheet to my email @ ftw6769@aol.com --thank you

                    Just sent it-- let me know if it doesn't make sense!! Hopefully it will help!

                    #320 jfwolfe72

                    jfwolfe72
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 433 posts

                      Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:05 PM

                      Grrr. I think I'm down to the last minute details w/ EDR and this darn photography issue is driving me nuts. We agreed to pay the $500 vendor fee. So, that's been paid and I thought the issue was over. I notified Monica to tell her that my photographer will be bringing two associates w/ her (one of whom is the videographer). At first, Monica indicated that I might have to pay ANOTHER $500 fee for the videographer (who is associated w/ my photographer, mind you), but then she let that drop. But now, she told me that since we will be counting them as our guests in our "free" wedding dinner at El Cocotal and having them at our mini-private party afterwards ($8.00/person), we also have to get day passes for all of them! So, if I'm understanding her correctly, she wants me to pay $500 for the fee (at least one $500 fee so far), $72.00 for each guest pass (3), and $24.00 for three people at the private party. Ugh!!! I sent her an email to clarify all of this, but I am fuming.....and feel kind of defeated at the same time........






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter