Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#181 MelanieS

MelanieS
  • 820 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:40 PM

The resort photographer's website is caribephoto.com.

#182 ctpetch

ctpetch
    • 130 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:29 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by shannon
      I am going with Cancun studios- unfortunately I won't be much more help until after the wedding! :)-- So far they have been very responsive to my emails and seem to be organized and flexible..... Good luck with your decision!!!
      I did decide on cancun Studios too. I did like there photos. I'm just waiting to make sure they are still available. What package you going with? I think I am going to do the Love Story package. Did they give you the $250 off to cover the outside vendor fee? They will if mentioned. One of the other brides did tell me about that.

#183 MelanieS

MelanieS
      • 820 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:23 AM

[QUOTE=BandE2008;259653

I was thinking of taking fans, name cards, name card holders, menus, programs, and votices for decor ....
        any other suggestions?![/QUOTE]

Here is the question I asked Valeria and her answer: Regarding decorations, can we bring our own place cards, table votives, and/or floating candles for the pool if we would decide to use any of those? "You can bring your own decorations, however, there is a set up fee for all of this extras, of 5 usd per person, at the group, this will be 100 usd".

#184 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
        • 554 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:29 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by timelsel
          Here is the question I asked Valeria and her answer: Regarding decorations, can we bring our own place cards, table votives, and/or floating candles for the pool if we would decide to use any of those? "You can bring your own decorations, however, there is a set up fee for all of this extras, of 5 usd per person, at the group, this will be 100 usd".
          I won't have too many things. fans at the ceremony, table cloths and something for the centrepieces. I just plan on asking our usher's to set it up. it shoud't take long, so they can do it beforehand!

#185 brigopens

brigopens
          • 247 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:48 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by timelsel
            "You can bring your own decorations, however, there is a set up fee for all of this extras, of 5 usd per person, at the group, this will be 100 usd".
            We had our parents stop by the reception location and decorate the tables prior to our cocktail/reception. No extra charge. Definitely the way to go, plus that way you can make sure it's exactly as you like it...
            Our Bridal Party in Mexico

#186 Millie & George

Millie & George
            • 49 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:18 AM

Hi there!!

I am planning to take a few things ie: fans ect, but again I am going to get someone to do it for me from the wedding party. Definately not paying 5 usd per person.

Hope that helps xx

#187 shannon

shannon
              • 772 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:45 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ctpetch
                I did decide on cancun Studios too. I did like there photos. I'm just waiting to make sure they are still available. What package you going with? I think I am going to do the Love Story package. Did they give you the $250 off to cover the outside vendor fee? They will if mentioned. One of the other brides did tell me about that.

we are doing the Passion package--- and yep, they gave us $250 off to help pay for half of outside vendor fee- which I was really happy about... I haven't had a ton of communication with them since the initial booking/deposit. I thought that maybe 4-5 weeks out, I'd email and try to give a list of shots I want, and give schedule of wedding events, etc- try and nail down some details....

#188 ctpetch

ctpetch
                • 130 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:35 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by shannon
                  we are doing the Passion package--- and yep, they gave us $250 off to help pay for half of outside vendor fee- which I was really happy about... I haven't had a ton of communication with them since the initial booking/deposit. I thought that maybe 4-5 weeks out, I'd email and try to give a list of shots I want, and give schedule of wedding events, etc- try and nail down some details....
                  Hi Shannon

I was able to get cancun studios. I was happy to hear they were available. I havent heard anymore since I paid the deposit. Probably going to shoot them an email to make sure I am all set.

#189 ctpetch

ctpetch
                  • 130 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:38 PM

I'm still trying to figure out programs for the ceremony. I'm not sure if they have a standard outline at the resort, so I can make one up or not. Does anyone have any ideas?

Any recommendations if any are doing the free wedding package on the dinner at El cocotal. What menu & food choices they suggest. Als what about a cake. I hear very good just don't remember what someone suggest before.

Thanks for the help

#190 nolaroy724

nolaroy724
                    • 308 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:31 AM

I know we have discussed the ceremony music before and some of you are using live music and some of you used or will use the cd player. Honestly, for those who have used the cd player, how did it sound?

There is an episode of My Name is Earl when Joy marries Crabman and she is making her wedding tape by recording songs off of the radio to play on a little boombox in the park. I keeping thinking of this when I think about using EDR's CD player for the ceremony!

I'm afraid of bad sound quality, not playing the right song at the right time, I guess the usual concerns most have with this topic. We absolutely do not have it in our budget to pay for a musician.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter