Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#1781 Stina9562

Stina9562
  • Newbie
  • 129 posts

    Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:34 AM

    We are going to the courthouse with our kids. The kids are not going on the trip  I lost that battle with the my fiance. I planned on taking them to a nice lunch and dressing them up with us.



    #1782 AllieH

    AllieH
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

    Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:01 AM


    That'll be a nice way to include them Stina. and I'm totally envious that you found those starfish sandals - they are AWESOME (from the Show us your shoes thread). 

    Originally Posted by Stina9562 

    We are going to the courthouse with our kids. The kids are not going on the trip  I lost that battle with the my fiance. I planned on taking them to a nice lunch and dressing them up with us.


    We just steamed & folded the chair sashes I got from another BDW bride. Whew!!! I promptly put them into space bags and set them in my office/craft room/wedding collection room. If any EDR brides after my date want 100 orange organza chair sashes (and 4 orange pin tuck table runners), let me know. Would be happy to leave those behind with your name on them. 

     

    I also ordered the base for the invites, and our guest book (wedding mad libs!). checking things off the list...

     

    how's the planning going for you guys? Stina - need any help with anything?? Your date is coming up soon! 

     

     

     


     

    Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

    Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

    El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

    AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


    #1783 ONEILL12

    ONEILL12
    • Newbie
    • 23 posts

      Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:53 AM

      Does anyone know how EDR serves their beer? I'm looking into koozies for our welcome bags and I'm not sure if I should get can or bottle koozies. Thanks :)



      #1784 Undomesticgirl

      Undomesticgirl
      • Newbie
      • 11 posts

        Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:14 PM

        Hi Ladies,

        Has anyone been dealing with Natalia? She had not been very helpful at all and she took almost 4 weeks to respond to one of my emails. I only heard back from her when I emailed the resort directly. I haven't book anything yet but we were getting ready to send our invtations but now I'm thinking we should choose another resort. We really loved this resort and wanted to book it but Lomas Travel has me leery. Hopefully one of you will have some input.

        Cheers



        #1785 Stina9562

        Stina9562
        • Newbie
        • 129 posts

          Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

          AllieH, I am so close!!! 35 more days! I am starting to get into shock mode and freaking out about everything. I continue to buy more jewelry and little things becuase I am second guessing everything.

           

          What size shoe do you wear? These are 10's, if you want I can give to you when I am done. You live so close we could meet.

           

          I am completely paid off with everything and planning music now. So lost with it all. We are bringing a docking station to save money for our reception.

           

          Where did you get Mad Libs? I am looking to do the same thing. I also haven't done OOT bags and I am to the point where I am not going to mess with them. By bags are so full already with everything I am bringing.

           

          Originally Posted by AllieH 


          That'll be a nice way to include them Stina. and I'm totally envious that you found those starfish sandals - they are AWESOME (from the Show us your shoes thread). 


          We just steamed & folded the chair sashes I got from another BDW bride. Whew!!! I promptly put them into space bags and set them in my office/craft room/wedding collection room. If any EDR brides after my date want 100 orange organza chair sashes (and 4 orange pin tuck table runners), let me know. Would be happy to leave those behind with your name on them. 

           

          I also ordered the base for the invites, and our guest book (wedding mad libs!). checking things off the list...

           

          how's the planning going for you guys? Stina - need any help with anything?? Your date is coming up soon! 

           

           

           



           



          #1786 TheWolferts

          TheWolferts
          • Jr. Member
          • 458 posts

            Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

            We are going through Lomas and have been working with Valeria for about a year now. She is great! Maybe you could request to work with her. I am a perfectionist and very detail-oriented and she is really on top of things as well, so we make a good team. I have never tried emailing the resort, all of my correspondence with the resort has been through Lomas and our TA Christine with DW.com.
             

            Originally Posted by Undomesticgirl 

            Hi Ladies,

            Has anyone been dealing with Natalia? She had not been very helpful at all and she took almost 4 weeks to respond to one of my emails. I only heard back from her when I emailed the resort directly. I haven't book anything yet but we were getting ready to send our invtations but now I'm thinking we should choose another resort. We really loved this resort and wanted to book it but Lomas Travel has me leery. Hopefully one of you will have some input.

            Cheers



             



            #1787 ashbrooke3ou

            ashbrooke3ou
            • Newbie
            • 16 posts

              Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

              Hey Everyone!  I just got back from our honeymoon so I'm not going to write my review just yet.  I'll try to do it soon though.  Just wanted to give you all a few tips from our wedding.  We had an amazing time!  The weather was perfect the whole time we were there.  On Sunday it was overcast and I think rained for a few days after that so I feel very fortunate to have had the weather we did although it was pretty windy.  I would say as far as the cocktail, ceremony, & reception were concerned, everything that I had planned with Lomas went exactly as I wanted.  I have had some frustrations with plannnig with them along the way but it was really nice to be face-to-face with them and they were all very helpful.  I would say the only things that didn't go as planned were from the outside vendors that I used.  My dj did not follow the schedule that I had for the reception and kind of deviated from the playlist we had discussed.  It wasn't too bad and we were able to guide him back but I certainly did not want a Tupac song played 20 minutes after dinner.  haha 

               

              As for welcome bags, I did these and included an itinerary, coozie, chapstick, & sunscreen.  I handed most of them out at the Welcome Cocktail that we had on Thursday night.  I actually only saw 1 coozie used the entire time.  I thought they were really cute but I don't know if the bags didn't make it back to their rooms with them that night or what.  Maybe they were using them and I just didn't notice with everything else going on.  I guess it probably depends on your guests too but if I had it to do over again, I may not have stressed so much about them.  As for the question about how the drinks are served, they mostly give you plastic cups at least at the pools anyways.  There are cans in the rooms but I don't think they ever serve bottles of beer.  Not that I saw anyways.

               

              We actually went to the courthouse and got married right before we left.  To me that was just the legal part and our real wedding was in Mexico.  We actually told people because I didn't really think it was a big deal but I wish we hadn't.  It would have been hard to keep it a secret because I actually got in a little wreck on the way to the courthouse the morning we did the legal ceremony.  Whoops!  Anyways, it kind of bothered me that people already considered us married beforehand and I didn't feel like we were yet but it's not really a big deal now.  Just a feeling I got the few days before the ceremony.

               

              One more suggestion that I have for you all is try to schedule any meetings that you have the first day so you can relax the rest of the time and hang out with your guests.  I had 3 outside vendors plus my meeting with the wedding coordinators.  I feel like all I did the first 2 days were meetings and run around trying to make sure things were ready so I actually did not get to go hang out with my friends and family at all during the day.  I know they all had a good time but I just wish I could have been there for more of it.

               

              Anyways let me know if you have any questions and I will try to help!

               

              Ashley   

               

               

               

               



              #1788 Stina9562

              Stina9562
              • Newbie
              • 129 posts

                Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

                Thank you so much for this info! I was thinking about doing last minute OOT bags but I don't think I am going to worry about them. Just seems like more things to include.

                 

                Originally Posted by ashbrooke3ou 

                Hey Everyone!  I just got back from our honeymoon so I'm not going to write my review just yet.  I'll try to do it soon though.  Just wanted to give you all a few tips from our wedding.  We had an amazing time!  The weather was perfect the whole time we were there.  On Sunday it was overcast and I think rained for a few days after that so I feel very fortunate to have had the weather we did although it was pretty windy.  I would say as far as the cocktail, ceremony, & reception were concerned, everything that I had planned with Lomas went exactly as I wanted.  I have had some frustrations with plannnig with them along the way but it was really nice to be face-to-face with them and they were all very helpful.  I would say the only things that didn't go as planned were from the outside vendors that I used.  My dj did not follow the schedule that I had for the reception and kind of deviated from the playlist we had discussed.  It wasn't too bad and we were able to guide him back but I certainly did not want a Tupac song played 20 minutes after dinner.  haha 

                 

                As for welcome bags, I did these and included an itinerary, coozie, chapstick, & sunscreen.  I handed most of them out at the Welcome Cocktail that we had on Thursday night.  I actually only saw 1 coozie used the entire time.  I thought they were really cute but I don't know if the bags didn't make it back to their rooms with them that night or what.  Maybe they were using them and I just didn't notice with everything else going on.  I guess it probably depends on your guests too but if I had it to do over again, I may not have stressed so much about them.  As for the question about how the drinks are served, they mostly give you plastic cups at least at the pools anyways.  There are cans in the rooms but I don't think they ever serve bottles of beer.  Not that I saw anyways.

                 

                We actually went to the courthouse and got married right before we left.  To me that was just the legal part and our real wedding was in Mexico.  We actually told people because I didn't really think it was a big deal but I wish we hadn't.  It would have been hard to keep it a secret because I actually got in a little wreck on the way to the courthouse the morning we did the legal ceremony.  Whoops!  Anyways, it kind of bothered me that people already considered us married beforehand and I didn't feel like we were yet but it's not really a big deal now.  Just a feeling I got the few days before the ceremony.

                 

                One more suggestion that I have for you all is try to schedule any meetings that you have the first day so you can relax the rest of the time and hang out with your guests.  I had 3 outside vendors plus my meeting with the wedding coordinators.  I feel like all I did the first 2 days were meetings and run around trying to make sure things were ready so I actually did not get to go hang out with my friends and family at all during the day.  I know they all had a good time but I just wish I could have been there for more of it.

                 

                Anyways let me know if you have any questions and I will try to help!

                 

                Ashley   

                 

                 

                 

                 



                 



                #1789 AllieH

                AllieH
                • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                • 2,014 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
                • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
                • LocationAtlanta, GA

                Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:56 PM


                I've been working with Natalia. The first few weeks while I bombarded her with questions and we got the formalities set up she was great. She replied in 24-48 hours. Right now we're waiting for her to confirm the locations for the ceremony & dinner/reception, and it's taken 3 weeks. She keeps blaming the resort, but then tells me it'll take a week to hear from them. Ok lady - it's been 3!! Time to get pushy on that particular topic (I'm nervous that they will schedule something else in the places I want and I'll have to get leftovers). 

                 

                Anyway - I would up the persistence, and if you need to, contact the hotel and tell them Lomas isn't being responsive. 

                Originally Posted by Undomesticgirl 

                Hi Ladies,

                Has anyone been dealing with Natalia? She had not been very helpful at all and she took almost 4 weeks to respond to one of my emails. I only heard back from her when I emailed the resort directly. I haven't book anything yet but we were getting ready to send our invtations but now I'm thinking we should choose another resort. We really loved this resort and wanted to book it but Lomas Travel has me leery. Hopefully one of you will have some input.

                Cheers



                 

                Stina - I'd be in freak out mode too. Can I help you with anything??

                 

                I wear an 8, otherwise I'd totally take you up on those sandals. I'm still drooling over them lol 

                 

                I had a friend of mine design the mad libs for us, and then printed them with vista print group on I had (though they take FOREVER to print & ship..). I can see if she'd be open to doing one for you if you'd like. 

                 

                I keep thinking we're going to skip OOT bags too since we'll be hauling plenty down as it is. And I just don't know how much they really get used. I'd rather do a nice favor, cocktail hour or something like that vs. OOT bags. 

                 

                Originally Posted by Stina9562 

                AllieH, I am so close!!! 35 more days! I am starting to get into shock mode and freaking out about everything. I continue to buy more jewelry and little things becuase I am second guessing everything.

                 

                What size shoe do you wear? These are 10's, if you want I can give to you when I am done. You live so close we could meet.

                 

                I am completely paid off with everything and planning music now. So lost with it all. We are bringing a docking station to save money for our reception.

                 

                Where did you get Mad Libs? I am looking to do the same thing. I also haven't done OOT bags and I am to the point where I am not going to mess with them. By bags are so full already with everything I am bringing.

                 



                 



                Ashely - many, many good wishes for a long and happy marriage!!! thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are trying really hard to keep the pre-ceremony legalities on the down low. I will take your advice to heart. and Tupac right after dinner is really kicking it into high gear fast! lol can't wait to see your pics (if you are willing/able to share them). 

                 

                what were your arrangements? where was your ceremony & reception? what was your favorite restaurant? :) I'm nosey!!! 


                 

                Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

                Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

                El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

                AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


                #1790 TheWolferts

                TheWolferts
                • Jr. Member
                • 458 posts

                  Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:32 AM

                  Ashbrooke3ou-

                   

                  What DJ vendor did you use?
                   

                  Originally Posted by ashbrooke3ou 

                  Hey Everyone!  I just got back from our honeymoon so I'm not going to write my review just yet.  I'll try to do it soon though.  Just wanted to give you all a few tips from our wedding.  We had an amazing time!  The weather was perfect the whole time we were there.  On Sunday it was overcast and I think rained for a few days after that so I feel very fortunate to have had the weather we did although it was pretty windy.  I would say as far as the cocktail, ceremony, & reception were concerned, everything that I had planned with Lomas went exactly as I wanted.  I have had some frustrations with plannnig with them along the way but it was really nice to be face-to-face with them and they were all very helpful.  I would say the only things that didn't go as planned were from the outside vendors that I used.  My dj did not follow the schedule that I had for the reception and kind of deviated from the playlist we had discussed.  It wasn't too bad and we were able to guide him back but I certainly did not want a Tupac song played 20 minutes after dinner.  haha 

                   

                  As for welcome bags, I did these and included an itinerary, coozie, chapstick, & sunscreen.  I handed most of them out at the Welcome Cocktail that we had on Thursday night.  I actually only saw 1 coozie used the entire time.  I thought they were really cute but I don't know if the bags didn't make it back to their rooms with them that night or what.  Maybe they were using them and I just didn't notice with everything else going on.  I guess it probably depends on your guests too but if I had it to do over again, I may not have stressed so much about them.  As for the question about how the drinks are served, they mostly give you plastic cups at least at the pools anyways.  There are cans in the rooms but I don't think they ever serve bottles of beer.  Not that I saw anyways.

                   

                  We actually went to the courthouse and got married right before we left.  To me that was just the legal part and our real wedding was in Mexico.  We actually told people because I didn't really think it was a big deal but I wish we hadn't.  It would have been hard to keep it a secret because I actually got in a little wreck on the way to the courthouse the morning we did the legal ceremony.  Whoops!  Anyways, it kind of bothered me that people already considered us married beforehand and I didn't feel like we were yet but it's not really a big deal now.  Just a feeling I got the few days before the ceremony.

                   

                  One more suggestion that I have for you all is try to schedule any meetings that you have the first day so you can relax the rest of the time and hang out with your guests.  I had 3 outside vendors plus my meeting with the wedding coordinators.  I feel like all I did the first 2 days were meetings and run around trying to make sure things were ready so I actually did not get to go hang out with my friends and family at all during the day.  I know they all had a good time but I just wish I could have been there for more of it.

                   

                  Anyways let me know if you have any questions and I will try to help!

                   

                  Ashley   

                   

                   

                   

                   



                   






                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                  Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter