El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

You go girl!!! 

Are you wearing your hair up or down? Can you post pics of your flowers and decorations? 

Show us your dress too, please? 

I had a dream last night that I went to pick up my dress, but the store couldn't find it. they kept bringing out other dresses and trying to force me into them. "Here's your dress." me: "THAT'S NOT MY DRESS!". lol mercy..the wedding nightmares are starting. 

Who are you working with at Lomas?? what are your plans for the wedding and receptions/dinner? dish girl, dish!! lol 

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

Phewf!!! Well I just had a very busy weekend with wedding planning, but I can now say that I have confirmed 100% of everything with Lomas for the wedding! woot.gif

I also figured out what I want to do with my hair, made the boutineers, corsages, throw away bouquet and isle decorations! I also got my 2nd fitting and the dress is starting to look perfect on me!

How is everyone else's planning coming along?

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

Phewf!!! Well I just had a very busy weekend with wedding planning, but I can now say that I have confirmed 100% of everything with Lomas for the wedding! woot.gif

I also figured out what I want to do with my hair, made the boutineers, corsages, throw away bouquet and isle decorations! I also got my 2nd fitting and the dress is starting to look perfect on me!

How is everyone else's planning coming along?

How exciting! I had my first fitting and nothing has to be done but have it cleaned! So excited! My maid of honor on the other hand had to reorder he dress but it will be here in time. I had a stash of wedding things and my fiance brought home a tote today for it but it all didn't fit in there eek.gif Goes to show I need to stop shopping! I just keep thinking of wedding stuff I want to bring.

Right now I am busy planning showers. My Maid of Honor is busy with her wedding planning as well so we definately have a lot going on.

Thanks!

I am wearing my hair up, but it's either going to be in a low side curled pony and curly bun thing LOL. I think I will just be too hot if I dont get it at least off my neck. Plus the humidity is crazy! I nixed the headband idea when I found the perfect hair comb/pin! http://pinterest.com/pin/192669690278304301/ (all my pics are on my Pinterest board, so let me know if you have trouble viewing the links).

My flowers, but with all white orchids: http://pinterest.com/pin/192669690278110341/

My BMs flowers: http://pinterest.com/pin/192669690278150384/

Reception Centerpieces, but all white rose pedals and a Tiffany blue, satin tablecloth: http://pinterest.com/pin/192669690278110343/

Reception glasses (I thought it would be so cute to have all white flowers, tiffany blue satin tablecloths, and these cobalt blue glasses to give an accent of our all of our wedding colors) http://pinterest.com/pin/192669690278258500/

Isle decorations: http://pinterest.com/pin/192669690278150453/

Dress (not me in it): http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?style=JSM1307LU

I am having terrifying wedding dreams too! My dress being green with patches of flowers, my dad and groom missing and them forcing me down the isle anyways! I get a wedding nightmare at least 2-3 a week! angry.gif

I am working with Valeria. She seems to be on top of things, though she does seem to take 5-7 days to answer an email. I tend to send a few emails per week, so I end up getting a mass of 7 emails back to back from her when she addresses my emails! A little overwhelming and tough to follow at times, but I am sure she is handling a lot of weddings right now!

For my nerves, we are going to do a rehearsal ceremony run through the day before the wedding. We are hoping to do it right before the rehearsal dinner, but there may be a wedding there, so we might have to go earlier. I am also getting a rehearsal hair and makeup session, so we can figure out "the look" I am going for, without the stress of it being on the wedding day! My cousin got her hair and makeup done at the Casitas spa and they did a great job!

Our rehearsal dinner is on Friday May 11 at Tucanes Bar. We are doing the passed Italian style dinner (I have personally had this and its so much food and sooo tasty!). We are going with the plain white table cloths, with a satin cobalt blue runner, votive candles, and we are bringing down a bunch of starfish down to scatter across the blue table runners. Since we are also bringing down white and cobalt blue paper lanterns to have hung from the roof, they charge $150 to hang these, but are including any other set up I need at the rehearsal dinner.

We are having a 5pm ceremony at Gazebo 55, then cocktail party at beach next to Gazebo 55 from 5:30-7pm. We opted for the white glove cocktail party because we got to pick the hor d'ouvres (sp?) and how many of each we wanted. We are also having a signature drink prepared! We havent come up with a cute name for it yet, but it's going to contain either Blue Curacao or Hypnotic so it's our one of our wedding colors!

We are having a private reception at Salon Dorado and are serving the Mahi Mahi and Filet Mignon with lobster tail. My cousin who got married in September 2010 at EDR opted for the same menu, so I can personally vouch for them both being fabulous! We booked DJ Doremixx and while he isnt on the appoved vendors list, his price plus the "vendor fee" is still less than their approved vendors! We are only expecting about 40 guests, so we didnt have to get a DJ really, but music is really important to us and we wanted someone to do all of the announcing and read the crowd to get people going! Since desert comes with the menu, we didnt want to spend much on the cake, but we also didnt want to miss out on the "cake cutting experience," so we are doing a small cutting cake. It will be the middle tier of this cake http://pinterest.com/pin/192669690278150435/

We are also doing a a welcome cocktail gathering at the Martini Bar. We wanted to bring everyone together, but it wasnt in budget to do another cocktail party, so I just told our WC that about 40 people were planning on meeting at the Martini bar at a certain time, so she could notify the resort so they could make sure they had adequate staffing. We are doing a "black and white" theme, so everyone has to wear either black and/or white! Since other patrons will be in the bar at the same time, I thought the black and white theme would make our guests stand out to one another so everyone could get to know each other at the start of their trip. We also got custom black cocktail napkins that say "Eat, Drink, and Be Married!" in white along with the date of the party. http://pinterest.com/pin/192669690278159933/

Sorry for the long post! Im getting excited!!! woot.gif

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

You go girl!!! 

Are you wearing your hair up or down? Can you post pics of your flowers and decorations? 

Show us your dress too, please? 

I had a dream last night that I went to pick up my dress, but the store couldn't find it. they kept bringing out other dresses and trying to force me into them. "Here's your dress." me: "THAT'S NOT MY DRESS!". lol mercy..the wedding nightmares are starting. 

Who are you working with at Lomas?? what are your plans for the wedding and receptions/dinner? dish girl, dish!! lol 

hehe I was just helping you along with you future Planning Thread! Thank you for sharing all of this! 

can I say I just love all of your ideas? I love the starfish aisle decor, the centerpieces and your bouquets are lovely! I may have to borrow a few of them, especially the starfish! 

I think you're right to do the rehearsal ceremony, and the hair/make up trial. I think I'm most nervous about my hair of all things. I want to wear it down, or half up/half down, but I think I'm going to have to have an undo as a back up plan once I get down there and deal with the humidity and heat. 

We're going to do the filet & lobster as one option, and then either the chicken or the pork chops (for those that don't do seafood - yes, I have a few in my group!!). 

Do you mind sharing what the cost is for the DJ? I was thinking we'd just do our iPods...but I certainly see your point about keeping the party going, announcements and such. 

Okay, so finally downloaded the photos with descriptions. I have put them onto my profile, since there was lots. Hopefully this link works, if not click on my profile and go to the bottom where my photos are.

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/gallery/album/view/id/104294/user_id/27758#page=0&sort=display_order 

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Hope these help someone! Good luck with all your planning cheers.gif

Thanks! If you aren't on Pinterest, you need to be! I have found a lot of great ideas and vendors for decor items that we are bringing down.

I'm not a huge bow person, but I knew I wanted some color on the chairs and a more official looking isle, so I actually saw the idea for the starfish on the Wedding Bee board. We made them this weekend and they are really easy to make! I did a lot of research for pricing and the quality of starfish ( i know, Im a dork rolleyes.gif) and found a great site http://www.seashellcity.com/

Since our colors are cobalt blue and tiffany blue, there werent a lot of options for naturally blue flowers, so I wanted to keep all the flowers white. It took me a relaly long time to find the BMs bouquets at a reasonable price, but I love them!

As for the hair, I have very fine, long hair and when I went in September 2010, my hair wouldnt hold a curl (I think they dropped out before I even left our room) and was crazy frizzy. I really want to do a long curled, side pony tail so I think it might work, as long as we do the curls really tight, so that when they inevitably drop out, they are a nice soft curl haha.

I pulled up my original email with DJ Doremixx from July 5, 2011 (see below). We loved that they had a ton of GREAT reviews, and came with all the little extras that will add to the fun! He includes the cold fireworks (EDR charges about $150 or $200), he does balloons, masquerade masks, and glow jewelry! They are also very easy to work with and provide you a spreadsheet to help you organize your reception timeline and music. I was VERY hesitant to go with the Lomas approved DJs because I couldnt find any reviews or websites for any of them! Thats a red flag for me! My cousin used an approved DJ and they mixed up all of her wedding party's intro music, which they had actually spent a lot of time selecting based on passed experiences with each friend! They also did not get to meet their DJ prior to the reception. I have already scheduled my meeting with Doremixx for the Monday before our wedding. They are just so on the ball and for the price, I cant understand why anyone would chose an "approved" vendor over this guy! I am sooo excited, we are going to use the cold fireworks for our introduction at the reception! I think it will make for quite a grand entrance and great pictures!

DJ Service equipment:

• 02 Speakers JBL 15â€
  • 02 Robotic Lights
  • 04 Par 64 Ledâ€s (lights)
  • DJ Booth (With Mixer Rane and Double CD player CDJ400 Pioneer, or turntables Technics 1200)
  • Wireless Microphone (Speeches and announcements)
  • Professional DJ (He can do the announcements)
  • 02 Cold fireworks (See enclosed photo, ask to your wedding coordinator if they permit these cold fireworks)
  • Smoke machine, Bubble machine (Available only Indoors)
  • Music from the 70â€s, 80â€s to the best music playing today with different genres.

PRICE 2012 $800 US From 1 to 5 hours. if your wedding is just for 3 or 4 hours apply the same price)

Additional hour $150 US

Slide Show

Tripod screen 1.72 * 1.72 = $60 US

Big screen 3*2 meters = $200 US

Projector $150 US

If you reserve one of the screen and the projector we will provide you the lap top or the DVD without any extra charge.(please see attached the pictures)

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

hehe I was just helping you along with you future Planning Thread! Thank you for sharing all of this! 

can I say I just love all of your ideas? I love the starfish aisle decor, the centerpieces and your bouquets are lovely! I may have to borrow a few of them, especially the starfish! 

I think you're right to do the rehearsal ceremony, and the hair/make up trial. I think I'm most nervous about my hair of all things. I want to wear it down, or half up/half down, but I think I'm going to have to have an undo as a back up plan once I get down there and deal with the humidity and heat. 

We're going to do the filet & lobster as one option, and then either the chicken or the pork chops (for those that don't do seafood - yes, I have a few in my group!!). 

Do you mind sharing what the cost is for the DJ? I was thinking we'd just do our iPods...but I certainly see your point about keeping the party going, announcements and such. 

These pics are great!!! Thank you!! Did you notice how bad the wind was around the resort? Specifically Gazebo 55, Tucanes Bar, and the Beach Bar? Thanks!!

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

Okay, so finally downloaded the photos with descriptions. I have put them onto my profile, since there was lots. Hopefully this link works, if not click on my profile and go to the bottom where my photos are.

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/gallery/album/view/id/104294/user_id/27758#page=0&sort=display_order 

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Hope these help someone! Good luck with all your planning cheers.gif

Thanks Murmel for posting those pics! That makes me so much better about my choice! Hope you had a great time!  

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

Originally Posted by ElDorado2012 View Post

These pics are great!!! Thank you!! Did you notice how bad the wind was around the resort? Specifically Gazebo 55, Tucanes Bar, and the Beach Bar? Thanks!!

We were married in November at Gazebo 55 at 3:00 - I noticed very little wind, just a light breeze. And we noticed no breeze the rest of the evening and we were out on the beach til midnight. 

It  really depends on the weather that day tho... It can be very windy along the beach.

You will be protected at Tucanes, a lot of vegetation around the venue and it's set back off beach. 

The WC will have a plan B just in case so no worries!

Originally Posted by ElDorado2012 View Post

While we were there it was really windy every day. So the Gazebo 55 was quite noisy with the wind and strong waves. Tucanes Bar/pool is set back from the beach a bit and protected by large trees- so it's quite protected and private there. The Beach Bar is up from the beach, so you still get some wind, but it's quite a large structure with Jojo's right beside it, so usually at least one side is protected from the wind.

I think my favorite ceremony locations were Gazebo 55, Presidential gazebo north, or the white gazebo across from the Health Bar.

Favorite reception site would have to be Tucanes Bar/pool area. The Health Bar could be set up nicely too.

Originally Posted by Stina9562 View Post

Thanks Murmel for posting those pics! That makes me so much better about my choice! Hope you had a great time!  

We had a great time! And the entertainment staff is loads of fun. The water balloon fights are a blast and I loved 'Name that tune" by the pool! You can also sign out bikes to drive around the property, volleyballs, horseshoes, bocce ball, ping pong paddles, etc. So much fun! :)