Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#1501 ElDorado2012

ElDorado2012
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:36 PM

Thank you ladies so much for the information!

angie111111 you must be so excited - your date is almost here!!! When do you leave? I can't wait to hear all about it and see some pics!

#1502 marissasmum

marissasmum
    • 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

We just got back from Marissa and Italo's wedding tonight. They had booked gazebo 55  for the ceremony. I forgot to say that they were sitting on the fence on whether they wanted to get married

in the chapel. It started raining and they got married in the chapel. The resort is 5 star +++yes I have been to Sandals this is the Sandals of Mexico!  yes the Huricane was heading our way. It was down graded but we did have a huge tropical storm. The resort pumped out the "Lakes" that resulted 

over night and the resort was up and running the next day. We lost only one and a half days to rain. The rest was awesome. The resort handled the Huricane so well. The staff is so awesome. You are waited on hand and foot. The restaurants are first class. We called the resort "the land of yes" they do not say no to anything! The ceremony was beautiful. The chapel was so beautiful the smell of rose petals so intoxicating. The massages are the best I have ever had. Do not go home with out having a Massage. We had a wonderful welcome party with the donkey. This resort is great. The wedding planner did everything for us, there were no worries. When it started raining they sent a golf cart with plastic sides to take us to the chapel. They cued the music to perfection. We took 2 IPods with us. We used one for the welcome party and the other for the ceremony. Will post pictures later. We Will be going back there for sure. Our guests loved the resort. If you can, get a swim up. Or the Casitias, the garden view is great too. You will not be disappointed with this resort. We dropped off other groups to the other resorts before reaching ours. The guide on the bus told us that the El Dorado Royale was the best and most upscale resort in the Mayan. We could certainly see that as we dropped off the other passengers. I do not know why more brides here are not booking there. It is clearly the most upscale resort in the Mayan I am not kidding..

#1503 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
      • 284 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:32 PM

I highly recommend getting it done at the resort. Rafa was my stylist and she was amazing! With very little communication and just some photos she got exactly what I wanted!  My photos are on my review of the resort(link in my signature). I'm at work and can't attach any now. The golf carts can't be pre booked, but we just got the spa people to call us one when we were almost ready to leave and I booked my appointments 3 hours before my ceremony to allow enough time. 

Originally Posted by ElDorado2012 

Also...

Does anyone have close-up pics of their hair and/or makeup that was done at EDR? I'm trying to decide if my bridesmaids and I should just do our own or make an apt... Also, did any of you have trouble getting your bridal party over there and back for the appointments? I've read they only offer on golf cart for a ride, so not all of the bridesmaids can fit if you have a few, and I guess it's a long walk back to the regular rooms (not Casita) at the resort...

Thanks!!

#1504 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
        • 284 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:42 PM

oops, I was wrong, my review doesn't have any make-up or hair photos! Sorry! Check my photographer's blog to see what an amazing job the resort sytlists did!

I highly recommend getting it done at the resort. Rafa was my stylist and she was amazing! With very little communication and just some photos she got exactly what I wanted!  My photos are on my review of the resort(link in my signature). I'm at work and can't attach any now. The golf carts can't be pre booked, but we just got the spa people to call us one when we were almost ready to leave and I booked my appointments 3 hours before my ceremony to allow enough time. 

#1505 ElDorado2012

ElDorado2012
          • 131 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:13 AM

Your hair looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

#1506 ElDorado2012

ElDorado2012
            • 131 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:15 AM

Marissasmum - I can't wait to see the pictures!! Please post!!

#1507 leslidowd12

leslidowd12
              • 8 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

This is soooo helpful.  I just booked my wedding for Sept 1, 2012 so I'm not in a rush to make the little details about my wedding.  Its great reading everyone's reviews and ideas so that I can take all of those into account.

Looking forward to everyone's upcoming weddings and new pictures :-)

#1508 angi111111

angi111111
                • 108 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:21 AM

Congrats!!

You will have lots of time to read up on ideas and tips! I found this forum to be very helpful

This is soooo helpful.  I just booked my wedding for Sept 1, 2012 so I'm not in a rush to make the little details about my wedding.  Its great reading everyone's reviews and ideas so that I can take all of those into account.

Looking forward to everyone's upcoming weddings and new pictures :-)

#1509 leslidowd12

leslidowd12
                  • 8 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:20 AM

Sounds like you are going to have a great time!!  I can't wait to see pictures when you get back and hear about all of details :-)  Wish you the best and I hope everything is wonderful!

#1510 Stina9562

Stina9562
                    • 129 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:16 PM

Our wedding us nearly five months away and I am starting to stress out! So everything is adding up and we are paying for everything out of pocket! So I am curious as to what I should cut corners on. We hired a photographer and videographer. We are doing a private reception which was unexpected but I am glad we are doing it. I asked about bringing my own decor and they said we would have to pay fees on those things but I am curious as to how much that would cost.

Has anyone ever taken there own decor to save money?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter