Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#131 MelanieS

MelanieS
  • Member
  • 820 posts

    Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:24 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ctpetch
    So are you paying the $500 to bring in a photographer or just paying for a guest pass? I've been thinking about doing that but not sure if I want to chance it. Also who are you having as a photographer outside? My wedding is 9 days after yours & haven't decided who to have yet. I'm afraid to go with the photographer on site. What are your thoughts?
    We are going to pay for 3 nights, as our photographer is also a guest of ours.

    #132 SheaS

    SheaS
    • Jr. Member
    • 380 posts

      Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:39 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by jfwolfe72
      Hey Shannon! Wow - you've got a lot going on, but it sounds like you have it all under control! That's a really good idea about the white linens on the tall tables w/ the bows. I remember seeing Shea's pictures of her Mexican party and I think she had those decorations. However, I thought they were included, but I guess it wasn't. :-( I also like the rose petals on the tables! Thanks!

      I did have the Mexican Cocktail party, but instead of having the bright mexican colors, I opted just for white linens on the pub tables with ivory bows. The bows were 6.00 each, and the linens were included. I think they give you one table per 8 people, so I had 5 tables. I also saved rose petals from the isle, and had them spread them on the tables, along with ivory votives (which were 2.00 each)
      I them had them place an empty vase on each table, in which we all put our bouquets in. (there was 5 of us)

      #133 BandE2008

      BandE2008
      • Jr. Member
      • 228 posts

        Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:56 PM

        Maybe a dumb question

        Do you book your things in advance (ceremoney site, reception site, flowers, cake, decoration, meals/menus) etc....
        or when you get there?

        Thanks :)


        Also - I read they will make you menus once you have your selection chosen, is this correct?

        I was thinking of taking fans, name cards, name card holders, menus, programs, and votices for decor ....
        any other suggestions?!

        #134 jfwolfe72

        jfwolfe72
        • Jr. Member
        • 433 posts

          Posted 12 February 2008 - 06:02 PM

          Not a dumb question at all. I just sent my final list of wedding details (flowers, decorations, reception and private party meal choices, spa services) to Monica today, in fact! I may be wrong, but I believe you have to make your final selections on most things 60 days ahead of your wedding. I've chosen the sites for my ceremony and reception a few months ago. I didn't know they will make our menus - that's a nice touch. As for what we're taking w/ us - we're taking as little as possible. We'll have our OOT bags and stuff for them, but we're getting all of the other decorations there.

          #135 Mandy

          Mandy
          • Member
          • 514 posts

            Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:16 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by ctpetch
            So are you paying the $500 to bring in a photographer or just paying for a guest pass? I've been thinking about doing that but not sure if I want to chance it. Also who are you having as a photographer outside? My wedding is 9 days after yours & haven't decided who to have yet. I'm afraid to go with the photographer on site. What are your thoughts?
            Actually, another bride (from BDW!) and I are booking the same photographer (Vanessa Vargas) back-to-back days. PM me if you want some more info.

            #136 nolaroy724

            nolaroy724
            • Jr. Member
            • 308 posts

              Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:55 PM

              For you guys who are doing the cocktail parties, what are you doing about chairs? I know chairs are not included.

              #137 shannon

              shannon
              • Member
              • 772 posts

                Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:59 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by nolaroy724
                For you guys who are doing the cocktail parties, what are you doing about chairs? I know chairs are not included.
                Good question about the chairs- I hadn't thought about it--- how did I not think about that?!?!! Shea/Bre- any suggestions?!?!

                #138 ctpetch

                ctpetch
                • Newbie
                • 130 posts

                  Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:25 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by bre
                  are you looking for the order of the ceremony or actual paper programs?
                  I am looking for both.

                  #139 ctpetch

                  ctpetch
                  • Newbie
                  • 130 posts

                    Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:27 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Mandy
                    Actually, another bride (from BDW!) and I are booking the same photographer (Vanessa Vargas) back-to-back days. PM me if you want some more info.
                    That's great & works out for both of you. So are you both just splitting the fee? Vanessa Vargas is your photographer? Do you have any info on her?

                    #140 SheaS

                    SheaS
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 380 posts

                      Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:20 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by shannon
                      Good question about the chairs- I hadn't thought about it--- how did I not think about that?!?!! Shea/Bre- any suggestions?!?!
                      My location was the health bar, which is usually set up with tables and chairs. Instead of removing them for the pub tables, they pushed them aside to one wall. My guests ended using those more than the pub tables!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter