Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#1151 Laur13

Laur13
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:26 PM

jennib-which room did you go with? When are you getting married at EDR? All the details are adding up the cost for me also :)

#1152 BagLover21

BagLover21
    • 74 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:21 PM

It's definitely more expensive than I initially imagined a destination wedding would be. Then again...I do have 70 peeps coming ha ha ha.
      http://i732.photobuc..../Picture21.png

Born: Jasmin Mia Allen on November 21, 1979
      Married: Jasmin Mia Hodge on August 7, 2010
      El Dorado Royale ResortRiviera Maya, Mexico
      www.mywedding.com/jasminanddarius2010

#1153 JCandJenn2011

JCandJenn2011
      • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:39 PM

Hello!
        We are getting married at EDR on Jan 22 2011! Is everyone doing the free package and then building the options on top? Or choosing one of the packages and not staying in the casita?

#1154 Laur13

Laur13
        • 179 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:39 PM

Jenn--we are going with the free wedding package and staying in the casita and then building upon it :) what are you thinking of doing?

#1155 BagLover21

BagLover21
          • 74 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:02 AM

We are doing the Pearl Package and staying in a regular room. And did a lot of building on top of that!
            http://i732.photobuc..../Picture21.png

Born: Jasmin Mia Allen on November 21, 1979
            Married: Jasmin Mia Hodge on August 7, 2010
            El Dorado Royale ResortRiviera Maya, Mexico
            www.mywedding.com/jasminanddarius2010

#1156 A la Playa

A la Playa
            • 45 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 03:00 PM

Ladies, hope everyone is doing well with the final (or beginning) stages of planning!

I'm so excited b/c I have chosen to do something completely out of character for me--I decided yesterday to do a spur-of-the-moment site visit to EDR in two weeks since I've never been there. Even though our wedding is about 7 weeks away (Talk about putting the cart before the horse!!), I feel like this will really help me calm my nerves and "figure everything out", so that I can put the finishing touches on the planning.

Since we were originally getting married at a property that we have stayed at before, I've never been 100% comfortable planning a wedding somewhere sight unseen. I'm just going down for a quick three-day stay and I'm meeting my TA there. If anyone has any special requests that they would like me to check on, I'll do my best! :)

P.S. Did most of you do site visits before you decided to get married there?

#1157 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
              • 284 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:33 PM

We are staying in the Casitas and getting the free pkg. On top of that we are having a private cocktail hour(Mexican Donkey Bar) and reception dinner(prob at the pool location) for 30 people at a cost of around $1000. We will be doing some add ons for the ceremony too...yet to decide those! But I'm thinking of doing the $1300 gazebo decor pkg then taking some of the flowers over to the reception(I am bringing some decor too), as well as the i pod stereo for music. Has onyone done the gazebo decor pkg? Is it worth the money?

#1158 cross

cross
                • 198 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:32 PM

What is everyone doing for their bouquets?

#1159 Lynsey

Lynsey
                  • 22 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:49 PM

Hiya Everyone!! I am so excited I have jsut booked EDR for July 2011!!! I am over the moon, I feel like I am walking on air!! We are flying out on the 17th and getting married in the Chapel on the 25th hopefully!! We got engaged at the El Dorado Seaside Suites but decided on EDR as it had the beautiful Chapel for a Catholic ceremony. So excited to share all the planning and ideas with you all at this exciting time. xxxxx
                    Lynsey
                    xxxxxxx

#1160 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
                    • 284 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:50 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by cross
                      What is everyone doing for their bouquets?
                      I'm wondering the same thing. They seem expensive...has anyone thought of doing parasols for bridesmaids to cut down on costs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter