Adding Straps to your Wedding Dress.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#8 skadow

skadow
  • Banned
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:28 PM

I have decided to add straps to my dress. It is not available with them. I have very board sholders and think i would feel much more comfortable and pritty with them.

Has any one else done this to there bridal dress or have experience with it? Does anyone have "before and after" pictures?

Thanks!

This is the dress I am going to add straps too. Maybe 1 inch straps. I was thinking a lace flower on one of the straps as well. The dress didnt cost much so I don't mind spending money on it.

http://www.davidsbri....=6142353&sort=

#9 midnight24

midnight24
    • 754 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:34 PM

i added thin beaded straps to my strapless dress. i added them 'halter style'. it really gives the dress a whole new look. i don't have before & after pics at the moment.

but here's the dress Kadence - by Maggie Sottero

#10 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
      • 2,424 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:36 PM

I am adding on straps to mine as well, its brigidine by maggie sottero. i dont have an after picture yet, should have one soon but it should look likethis other maggie's

#11 Mandy Canada

Mandy Canada
        • 79 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:20 AM

I am adding 2 very thin straps to either side that will create a V shape at the back. I call them my bling straps as they have some sequence/beading.

I say whatever makes you comfortable. Hope the link works......... Venus Bridals

#12 jk1101

jk1101
          • 2,582 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:54 PM

I know my sister added straps to her strapless gown and she felt so much better in her dress. Your dress is very cute and I think with the right straps it will be great- just find a good seamstress to add them.

#13 lalanyc

lalanyc
            • 363 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:29 PM

Yes! I'm doing this for the ceremony and then removing them for the reception. The seamtress at my bridal salon actually suggested it and she will be taking material to match the dress. I'm actually considering doing a single strap and then removing it for the reception.

I would suggest going to any bridal salon tailor or separate high end tailor It seems like an easy adjustment so an experienced tailor should be able to make it for you no problem.

#14 carrieb258

carrieb258
              • 216 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:49 AM

I am considering adding straps to my strapless dress - its really hard to know what it will look like though x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter