Playa del Carmen...which one do you guys suggest?
Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:33 PM
Posted 09 July 2007 - 03:12 PM
1) The beach wedding setup looked cheap (like Wal-mart floral and pedistals).
2) We heard from a few people that the walk from the resort to the beach was about 4 football lengths.
3) The beach wedding area looked crammed in between the sun-bathing lounge chairs and the water boat rentals.
4) In every picture I saw on a photographers' website, there were old men in speedo's in all the ceremony photos or some other obstruction (boats, chairs, etc...).
5) Decided it was way too huge and we wanted something small and intimate.
The reasons why we had originally considered it:
1) Prices were reasonable for the wedding, as well as our own stay.
2) They only do one wedding per day.
3) The resort has an amazing array of amenities.
4) The rooms in the complex varied in prices, making it easier for all price budgets to attend.
Posted 09 July 2007 - 08:31 PM
Occidental, we really thought we were going to get marrie here the resort gets great reviews and the gazebo is very nice the only downer is that it is a bit more expansive when you add everything up to have a wedding there although cheaper to stay there for your guests than other places. They just dont have the good of wedding packages. Also there is no beach but that wasnt a problem for us.
I'm not sure about the RIU's but there are a few girls here that have had RIU weddings at other locations and have good reviews.
Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:40 PM
~ Jaime & Martin ~
"Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"
We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!
We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users