Photo

Steel Drum Band

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 Zinski

Zinski
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:52 PM

Does anyone if you can have just one or two guys playing just the steel drums and no other instruments? I found this link on youtube and I like the simplicity of just the one guy with one drum:
    YouTube - Pachelbel's Canon in D

#12 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
    • 5,521 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:59 PM

OoO I love this!!! Were thinking of doing a steel drum band and Im pretty sure there is two or more people.. when I think of band I think of multiple. And I know for ours it is only the steel drums, no other instruments.

#13 Julie H

Julie H
      • 53 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:47 PM

Love it! Were having one for the first hr of cocktails and Hor d'oeuvres. Then a DJ for the last two hrs of dinner and dancing.

#14 *Karla*

*Karla*
        • 4,854 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:07 PM

My steel drum band is 3 guys playing only steel drums. They will be playing throughout the cocktail hour and dinner, then I have a dj for the remainder of the evening.

#15 *Karla*

*Karla*
          • 4,854 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:10 PM

Also, I love that clip. I hadn't really considered having them play for the ceremony, but I think I may have changed my mind...Thanks for posting the link!

#16 Zinski

Zinski
            • 46 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:44 PM

Oh I am so glad I have inspired some of you brides haha! I'm getting married at the Riu Montego Bay and they have an on-site steel drum band there that you can book but from other bride's pics I have gathered that it's a five-ish piece band with other instruments than just the steel drum and I really just want one or 2 drums. Are there any Riu brides out there that know if that's possible to have with the "band" that they offer there?

#17 Geralyn

Geralyn
              • 2,677 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:52 PM

I got married at Riu Montego Bay and had the steel drum band for the ceremony...it was 3 guys playing only steel drums

#18 Zinski

Zinski
                • 46 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:11 AM

Oh that's perfect! Did you request it that way or is that just what they gave you? Did you get to request or pick from a list of songs for them to play?

#19 jennifer24

jennifer24
                  • 50 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:48 PM

Hi,
                    I got married at the RIU Ocho Rios and it was also 3 guys playing the steel drums. No other instruments. I had them pay throughout the ceremony and cocktails. It was beautiful.

J

#20 sandyt

sandyt
                    • 19 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:19 AM

Does anyone know of a steel drum band for offsite weddings?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter