Jump to content

Photo

Paper insert travel mugs?


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#10 bholthof

bholthof
  • Banned
  • 323 posts

    Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:50 AM

    For those of you who used the travel mugs with the removable paper insert, can you tell me how it held up? Did the cups leak really badly? Did you laminate the paper? Did it still look nice?

    I'd like to get personalized cups or mugs, but since I only need about 15 - 20, its just not cost effective to get them printed. And I really want our full-colour logo on them, so I was thinking about these paper insert types. But I also don't want them to get destroyed by water or liquid or anything. Plus with these, if people really HATE the design, they can just change it up.

    Thanks!!
    21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!


    http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

    #11 SuzyQ76

    SuzyQ76
    • Jr. Member
    • 484 posts

      Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:47 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by bholthof
      For those of you who used the travel mugs with the removable paper insert, can you tell me how it held up? Did the cups leak really badly? Did you laminate the paper? Did it still look nice?

      I'd like to get personalized cups or mugs, but since I only need about 15 - 20, its just not cost effective to get them printed. And I really want our full-colour logo on them, so I was thinking about these paper insert types. But I also don't want them to get destroyed by water or liquid or anything. Plus with these, if people really HATE the design, they can just change it up.

      Thanks!!
      I have the paper insert cups - 50 of them...I'm still undecided if I'm using them but I did test one, now again I have 50 so I am expecting a few duds, lol
      The one I tested seemed to hold up pretty well, but I'm skeptical - they are from Dollarama!
      So here's my plan:

      I'm going to do my design as per the little paper template that comes with the mug, and I'm going to laminate them just to make sure they last at least a week - I'm personalizing them with my logo and each individual guests names so they won't mistake their own, I'm also going to have a saying, something like "Fill 'er up" or whatever will translate closely in all the languages of all our guests attending, I'll probably just do different color bubbles and have a different language saying in each bubble. That should fill up the rest of the cup space.
      I didn't want to spend a lot on mugs #1 because I need 50 and #2 because I'm assuming with alcohol involved there is bound to be some lost or smashed mugs - our group can be a little rowdy!! At least this way I know I don't have a lot of $$ invested and I don't care what happens to them.

      What you can also do is buy whatever type of cup you want, doesn't have to be the paper insert, and then print your logo on the clear label sheets then cut it out and apply it to your mug, there is a Gal on this forum that has done this and I think she has a thread about it in the DIY section - they looked really good - there may be a little preparation to make them water resistant, I can't remember! She personalized them with individual names as well, and she has all the instructions and what worked and what didn't so I'd definitely check out her thread....If I find it again I'll let you know where it is!

      Good luck and let me know what you decide to do!! If I get one of mine done I'll upload a pic!!
      :o)
      Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
      Grand Riviera Princess

      http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
      My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

      #12 bholthof

      bholthof
      • Banned
      • 323 posts

        Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:24 PM

        Thanks!! I did see her thread, and if all else fails I might do that - it just seems like an awful lot more work than I want to put into it, lol. Though props to her!

        Definately post yours when you're done - if its any good at all, I might consider it...
        21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!


        http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

        #13 Patti

        Patti
        • Member
        • 555 posts

          Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:46 PM

          Would you gals post her thread? I would like to see her DIY mugs.

          #14 SuzyQ76

          SuzyQ76
          • Jr. Member
          • 484 posts

            Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:06 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Patti
            Would you gals post her thread? I would like to see her DIY mugs.
            Patti, I don't know if this will work but here is the link:

            http://bestdestinati....iy-mugs-50825/

            If you can't find it with that then just do a search in the search bar for:

            DIY mugs, and the title for her thread is "Our DIY Mugs" she explains everything in the thread....I forget her name but I'll look it up again!

            I'm going to play around tonight with a rough draft for the paper inserts so I'll post anything I figure out tomorrow...I still have a lot of cleaning and laundry so my crafty projects will have to wait until the baby is in bed!! lol

            I hope this helps! :o)
            Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
            Grand Riviera Princess

            http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
            My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

            #15 SuzyQ76

            SuzyQ76
            • Jr. Member
            • 484 posts

              Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:58 AM

              Ok I just did these up quick today so I still have to tweak them!
              Here are a couple of ideas:

              http://s783.photobuc....view=slideshow

              Hope this works I still have problems with pics...and multi quoting for that matter!! lol

              The circles in the bottom pic is the saying "Fill it up, Please" in all the different languages of our attending guests, BUT...I don't trust the translating tool I used online, so I'm probably going to nix that idea!!
              The design in the cup is the "Eat Drink and be Married" version
              :o)
              I'm probably going to print them on a lot better quality paper and then laminate...possibly colored paper, like cardstock or scrapbook paper but I'll have to see how the colors of the logo print on colored paper....
              Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
              Grand Riviera Princess

              http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
              My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

              #16 sfrench0621

              sfrench0621
              • Jr. Member
              • 242 posts

                Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:42 PM

                Love these... anyone know where you can buy the mugs in the US?

                #17 SuzyQ76

                SuzyQ76
                • Jr. Member
                • 484 posts

                  Posted 24 October 2009 - 04:28 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by sfrench0621
                  Love these... anyone know where you can buy the mugs in the US?
                  I know some US gals have said you can get them at the Dollar Tree, you can also get them at Discountmugs.com but they are more expensive...
                  I paid $1.25 plus tax at the Canadian Dollarama.

                  Here's the link to discount mugs so you can check them out, there are 2 different styles, one with a handle and one without and I think they are the same price, you can just buy the unprinted blank version to make it cheaper and then print whatever you want on it, plus they are offering free shipping to the continental US right now!:

                  No Handle:
                  Paper Insert Travel Mugs, Travel Mugs, Photo Travel Tumblers, Full color Travel Mugs

                  Handle:
                  http://www.discountm....ith-handle.htm
                  Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
                  Grand Riviera Princess

                  http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
                  My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

                  #18 sfrench0621

                  sfrench0621
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 242 posts

                    Posted 25 October 2009 - 12:57 PM

                    Thanks! I've been hoping my dollar tree will get them back in stock. May wait a couple months to see and if not then I'll just go with Discount Mugs. Thanks for posting the link to that!

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by SuzyQ76
                    I know some US gals have said you can get them at the Dollar Tree, you can also get them at Discountmugs.com but they are more expensive...
                    I paid $1.25 plus tax at the Canadian Dollarama.

                    Here's the link to discount mugs so you can check them out, there are 2 different styles, one with a handle and one without and I think they are the same price, you can just buy the unprinted blank version to make it cheaper and then print whatever you want on it, plus they are offering free shipping to the continental US right now!:

                    No Handle:
                    Paper Insert Travel Mugs, Travel Mugs, Photo Travel Tumblers, Full color Travel Mugs

                    Handle:
                    Paper Insert Travel Mug, Travel Mugs, Customized Travel Mug, Custom Travel Mug





                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter