Photo

Costco in Cancun - did anyone go?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 jlwedding

jlwedding
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:39 PM

Hi - I think there is a Costco in Cancun ... we were thinking of going there when we arrive to get items for our welcome bags. Did anyone else do that? How did it work? Is it the same as the Costco in the states?

Thanks for the help!!

#12 Tanya Marie

Tanya Marie
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:24 PM

I too am interested in any info on the Costco in Cancun.
Happily Married after an AMAZING wedding at the Playaca Palace in Playa del Carmen, MX!!!

#13 Janelley100

Janelley100
  • 297 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:37 PM

Hello ladies,

I am interested in the Cancun ostco as well, but curious what you might buy there? I get the idea of bulk.....but just wondering what you could get there that would be good for the OOT bag. I am honestly curious as this could be a good idea if they have some cool stuff.

Thanks!

#14 jlwedding

jlwedding
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:43 PM

I am thinking sunscreen, or mints, advil, etc... also simple things like some gum, etc...

#15 trvlgrl

trvlgrl
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:57 PM

Yes, I bought all of my welcome bag supplies at Cancun Costco. It is exactly like the one in the states except everything is priced out in pesos. And when you pay at the counter, if you pay in cash (U.S. or pesos), you receive a slight discount. I would recommend it to everyone.

#16 affiwin

affiwin
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trvlgrl View Post
Yes, I bought all of my welcome bag supplies at Cancun Costco. It is exactly like the one in the states except everything is priced out in pesos. And when you pay at the counter, if you pay in cash (U.S. or pesos), you receive a slight discount. I would recommend it to everyone.
Thanks for letting us know. That will be a great way to save on luggage and customs fees.

#17 thefuturemrslutz

thefuturemrslutz
  • 821 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:35 AM

great idea girls!

#18 mc5363

mc5363
  • 315 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trvlgrl View Post
How far is it from the hotel zone?

#19 trvlgrl

trvlgrl
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 08:08 PM

Costco Cancun is located in the downtown area. We had a rental car so we just drove there. It took about 20 minutes or so. There is also a Sams Club and Walmart nearby too.

#20 punkie569

punkie569
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 09:45 PM

Good to know. Thanks for the info!
Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter