Photo

Cards received...fun things to do with them!?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#10 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
  • 5,521 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:58 PM

Hey everyone!!

At our almost married reception we received atleast 50 cards and I can never bring myself to get rid of them. I love cards and I love everyones sentimental messages and kind words. I was wondering if anyone has found a cute/fun to keep and display all the greeting cards..in a collage or if someone has found anything off etsy or any other websites.. or DIY projects!! I look forward to hearing if you have great ideas!!

Thanks!

#11 sarah310

sarah310
    • 172 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:54 PM

no ideas...but curious, like you, to see if anyone else does. I always find it so hard to throw out cards, but at the same time have no reason to keep them. Hopefully some crafty BDW member has a great idea!

#12 ashly87

ashly87
      • 120 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:05 PM

Scrapbook! You can either buy extra pages for your wedding album or start a whole new album just for the cards. You don't have to put them in there as whole cards but you can cut them up to include the main parts. If you have pictures of the guests from the reception, you could also put the main cut out parts of the cards next to the respective pictures of the people who sent them so you can easily look back and remember who the kind words were from.
        "I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of stars makes me dream" - Vincent Van Goh

#13 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
        • 5,521 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:08 PM

OoO ashly that is a cute idea!!!

#14 luciel2820

luciel2820
          • 474 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:25 PM

i love the idea of the scrapbook too... i have cards that ive had saved since my 13th bday lol and i just keep them in a keepsake box but it would be soo much better if they were in a scrapbook.. awesome idea

#15 Jo 2010

Jo 2010
            • 291 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:40 PM

With the cards from my sister's wedding my mum made a quilt - you have to be pretty into quilting as it was a mountain of work - but basically she used a colour photocopier to transfer the designs and writing to special fabric, then used left over fabric from the wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses, as well as other fabrics that fit in with the theme to made a big quilt. She was able to encorporate little bits and peices too - like the memory charm from her bouquet too.

Something different to do anyway! and the final result is absolutely beautiful!

#16 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
              • 2,754 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:40 AM

I love the scrapbook idea! The quilt sounds really good too, but sounds like a ton of work!

#17 wsarah2107

wsarah2107
                • 166 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:11 PM

I can never throw out cards either!! I just end up keeping them all in a box, and don't really look at them, but when I do & read the ones FI gave me when we first starting dating (almost 9 years ago, I was 15 and he was 16!!!) it makes me awww and smile :)

#18 KimberlyAnne

KimberlyAnne
                  • 68 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:06 PM

You could make a serving tray with the cards as a collage in the underlay of the glass...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter