Photo

Thank-you card wording...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#10 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
  • 512 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:50 PM

Hi all! So, I'm stuck again ladies ... I'm just trying to put my thank-you card together on Costco's website ... and I'm stumped on what "message" we should write under the big "thank-you" ... there's a 20-character limit to each line ... so it can't be much ...

Has anyone done one of those photo thank-you cards and if so, what did you write?

Thanks ladies!!!

#11 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,368 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:54 PM

Are you talking about the inside of the card? If so, I have to be honest. I've gotten printed thank you cards with a generic message and it kind of bothered me. I would leave the inside blank and hand write the thank yous.

#12 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
      • 512 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:59 PM

There's no inside, they're like postcards so we have to think of something to get printed on the front by our picture. .. and I was thinking of signing each on personally with our names and xoxox ... but the message will be printed when we order them.

#13 mich999

mich999
        • 386 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:07 PM

I agree with Krisy - I don't care for the pre-printed thank yous. We got photo cards from shutterfly and had thank you printed inside but then wrote a personal note to each person thanking them for their specific gift.

Sorry this doesn't answer your question - just wanted to let you know there are other options out there! If you stick with postcards, can you just leave thank you on the front and then write something on the back? Just because there's room for more writing, doesn't mean you have to utilize it.

#14 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
          • 512 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:23 PM

Hmm that's a good idea actually ... I mean, there's enough room on the card for us to write a personal message thanking each person for their gifts individually, so we can just leave it blank!

#15 Sheree10

Sheree10
            • 1,026 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:50 AM

I think it should be a simple "Thank You" and leave space so you can write a personal message.
              http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#16 frazali

frazali
              • 245 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:06 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mich999
                I agree with Krisy - I don't care for the pre-printed thank yous. We got photo cards from shutterfly and had thank you printed inside but then wrote a personal note to each person thanking them for their specific gift.

Sorry this doesn't answer your question - just wanted to let you know there are other options out there! If you stick with postcards, can you just leave thank you on the front and then write something on the back? Just because there's room for more writing, doesn't mean you have to utilize it.
                I agree with mich999. We used Shutterfly as well, and said on the bottom part of the inside flap, "Thank you from the bottom of our hearts". We had a photo collage on the front, and it was blank so we could write on the inside top flap. People loved them.

#17 Sheree10

Sheree10
                • 1,026 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:58 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Sheree10
                  I think it should be a simple "Thank You" and leave space so you can write a personal message.
                  I wrote this a few days ago and thought it would be okay. However, i just finished reading a wedding etiquette book and it states that you should just have the couple's name and if you want the wed. date printed. Don't print "Thank You" or have any ready made phrases. Leave it blank and write personalized messages.
                  http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#18 Love3

Love3
                  • 785 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:11 PM

def write a personal message. My FI sister had Kodak write a generic message to all with their pictures platered all over one side and thought it was very pathetic!!!
                    ~Heather~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter