Photo

Candles on plane??? Is this allowed for carry on luggage?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#11 latricej919

latricej919
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:31 PM

I am packing now, and had planned on packing my candles (~25 of them)from Bed Bath and Beyond in my carry on luggage, is this permissable. I wanted to carry them on to prevent them from breaking or melting. I am flying American Airlines from Tampa. I know different TSA reps deny different things, but I was wondering what was the best method for transporting the scented candles I was planning on putting in my OOT bags...Thanks for your help in advance.
Soon To Be: Mrs. Ham

#12 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:33 PM

Definitely call your airline to get clarification, that's the most accurate way to find out. Good luck :)

#13 MarieSam

MarieSam
  • VIP Member
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:52 PM

are your candles encased in anything? mine were candles in a travel tin -- i transported 50 of these in our luggage and they were totally fine, i dont think you have to worry about the melting factor at all.

#14 jennie

jennie
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:00 AM

I went to Cancun last year and Dominican this year.... and both times had to pack candels in my luggage to be checked in underneath the plane. They DON'T let you take them on board.
Just an idea, what i'm going to do is bubble wrap the heck out of my votive holders and candles and place them in a "Fed Ex" box and just pack around the box.
A girl that flew with us had to throw out her candles out of her carryon in Cancun and told that she should of packed them in the checked in bags.
Def. call your airline or go online to double check, but that's what i've encountered.

#15 Blkatz

Blkatz
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:57 AM

I packed mine in my suitcase and checked it. It was no big deal-they were fine

#16 ShelbyFL

ShelbyFL
  • 211 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:55 PM

Hi Latrice...You can take them on the plane. They are not a prohibited item. If you have matches that go with them, they will not be allowed in the cabin of the aircraft. Only 1 pack of safety matches is allowed and no matches are allowed under the plane...
If you have any questions PM me. I'm from the government, I'm here to help. LOL

#17 Tracykim

Tracykim
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:24 AM

What about these?? Are they allowed anywhere on the plane?

Hollowick Inc. - Liquid Candlelamps and Lamp Fuel -- No candle mess!

Thanks for your help!!

#18 Inked1

Inked1
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:36 AM

doubtful as they contain liquid fuel.

#19 Tracykim

Tracykim
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 02:52 PM

But that is the thing, it is not liquid fuel, it is liquid wax. It even states on their website that it is not flammable.

#20 ShelbyFL

ShelbyFL
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:24 PM

...no gels, liquids or aerosols that are more than 3oz... and if you do have the 3oz containers they have to be in a 1-quart zip lock bag.... any questions? PM me! I'm happy to help...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter