Jump to content

Photo

Please Help with my resort issue


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 TATrisha

TATrisha

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 12,377 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 11, 2008
  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principle Akumal
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:10 AM

What about the Azul Blue Hotel. I know it's all-inclusive, and it has jacuzzi's in the room. And by the sounds of it, it might be adults only... but it sounds amazing!
Azul Blue Hotel & Spa - Tulum - Azul Blue Hotel & Spa Reviews - TripAdvisor

It appears I was wrong. I think children are allowed... but I think you should check it out anyway.

~Trisha~

Destination Wedding Photographer & Travel Agent
www.faberphotography.com - My latest destination wedding photos can be found HERE

Disney Specialist  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

 
Looking for a travel agent that KNOWS DISNEY?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
 
Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)   |  AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  |  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits | Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner   |   Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.


#12 mellibean

mellibean
  • Newbie
  • 69 posts

    Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:11 PM

    yes i found out that children are allowed if worse comes to worse maybe i will stay here if this is my last option

    #13 JaimeLynne

    JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

      Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:16 PM

      Have you checked out the Royal Porto Real in Playa del Carmen? (I think it's called something else now, maybe just "The Royal"?)

      They have jacuzzi tubs in every room, the rooms are spacious and gorgeous. Definitely upgrade to an Ocean View or Ocean Front room. They do allow kids but they're not running the place - I'd say it's mostly adults, and a lot of foreigners (Europeans, etc.) The beach is ok - not great but not bad either.

      ~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

      We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

      We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!


      #14 mellibean

      mellibean
      • Newbie
      • 69 posts

        Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:28 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by leigh miller
        now that is interesting cause i was just there last week and people were swimming all over the place. i guess its whats swimable for you. it is rocky. not smooth sand that you can ease into like the bahamas. maybe more like swimming in a lake - haha!

        as far as i know there are jacuzzis in every room. i always stay in the most basic suite when ive gone there to shoot weddings and there has always been a jacuzzi.

        heres a link to the pics i took when there to share with everyone - Leigh Miller Photography : el dorado royale
        do you have pics of other hotels like el derado sea side, aventura spa

        #15 mellibean

        mellibean
        • Newbie
        • 69 posts

          Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:29 PM

          i think its going to come down to one of the aventura resorts of el derado resorts.

          #16 mellibean

          mellibean
          • Newbie
          • 69 posts

            Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:41 PM

            well i see you are getting married in 3 days. please let me know more about this resort when you get back. congrats!

            #17 mellibean

            mellibean
            • Newbie
            • 69 posts

              Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:43 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by loretuke
              I would recommend Excellence Riviera Cancun. It has all those things you are looking for. I did a site visit and it's absolutely amazing.
              i see that you are getting married soon. let me know how the resort went. thanks and congrats!

              #18 REBECCA

              REBECCA
              • VIP Member
              • 1,825 posts

                Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:40 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
                Have you checked out the Royal Porto Real in Playa del Carmen? (I think it's called something else now, maybe just "The Royal"?)

                They have jacuzzi tubs in every room, the rooms are spacious and gorgeous. Definitely upgrade to an Ocean View or Ocean Front room. They do allow kids but they're not running the place - I'd say it's mostly adults, and a lot of foreigners (Europeans, etc.) The beach is ok - not great but not bad either.
                Actually, as of Nov 2006, The Royal is Adults only. The food is impeccable, the beach is swimable and lovely. Definitely upgrade to Oceanfront, it is the only way to go. I went ther for my honeymoon and was amazed how delicious the food was. You can also eat at any of the restaurants at the sister property across the street for free and you are walking distance to 5th avenue where there are restaurants, bars, the port to go to Cozumel, etc. Stay away from the jacuzzi in the room though. The water that comes out of the pipes has a yellowish tint (ew?). My husband and I just sorta laughed and said, we're not getting in there! But everything else was amazing...it was perfect....and the food...OMG? SOO good!
                Rebecca
                <center>

                http://i54.photobuck....a/IMG_1294.jpg
                Alexander & Juliette - Born 3/15/09</center>

                #19 JaimeLynne

                JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

                  Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:48 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by REBECCA
                  Stay away from the jacuzzi in the room though. The water that comes out of the pipes has a yellowish tint (ew?). My husband and I just sorta laughed and said, we're not getting in there!
                  Ew is right! I didn't notice that either of the times I was there, but really we only used it during our second trip.

                  It is a beautiful hotel and if it's adults only now that would be a very good choice!!! I have some pics posted of it under the hotel's thread in the Riviera Maya section.

                  ~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

                  We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

                  We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!


                  #20 mellibean

                  mellibean
                  • Newbie
                  • 69 posts

                    Posted 19 May 2007 - 02:20 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by REBECCA
                    Actually, as of Nov 2006, The Royal is Adults only. The food is impeccable, the beach is swimable and lovely. Definitely upgrade to Oceanfront, it is the only way to go. I went ther for my honeymoon and was amazed how delicious the food was. You can also eat at any of the restaurants at the sister property across the street for free and you are walking distance to 5th avenue where there are restaurants, bars, the port to go to Cozumel, etc. Stay away from the jacuzzi in the room though. The water that comes out of the pipes has a yellowish tint (ew?). My husband and I just sorta laughed and said, we're not getting in there! But everything else was amazing...it was perfect....and the food...OMG? SOO good!
                    eww. am i being too picky. i think i dont want to stay there if i cant enjoy the jacuzzi. sorry i need to get my jacuzzi on hehehe. how was the beach at playa del carmen? im starting to realize that no matter where i stay the beach is going to be rocky from playa del carmen to tulum. oh by the way how did you book your trip? i saw at another post that you paid 2500 for 6 days. did you go threw their website or something like expedia, travelocity, etc.? and did you fly out threw lax and how long was the flight? thanks




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter