Cancun/RM Brides~ POST HERE!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have decided on Playa Del Carmen but need help decided on a hotel and ceremony site.

We'll have about 40 people. 2 kids, one 2 and one 5. Other that that it will be adults over 30. We want a short ceremony and a nice dinner. I do not need a hall, a dj, etc. I want to keep things very simple.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have decided on the Mayan riviera and would like to be married at the end of March. Really like the look of thr Royal porto real and also El dorado royale. Does anyone know much about these resorts? Also am I leaving it a bit late to book for next year? Would be grateful for any info!

• 3 weeks later...

I have just booked the Allegro Playacar. This resort was by far not our first choice, but I am happy with the smaller, quaint resort. We are getting married in January 2007 (just booked 2 weeks ago!).

I was the most happy with the Grand Palladium in the Riviera, however, they fill up fast on wedding dates and times available.

If I can give any advice, it would be to make sure your travel agent checks on the wedding dates available. Ours didn't and got everyone's hopes up on the 5 star hotel. Most were crushed to find out that we are now at a 3 star and paying the same price!

Best of luck!

I am getting married at the Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort on March 3, 2007. So far, I am happy with the service. Our main concern is our guests. The Moon Palace is not the cheapest place to stay and is located by itself. We're looking for alternative hotels for our guests that's less costly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreslove View Post
I am getting married at the Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort on March 3, 2007. So far, I am happy with the service. Our main concern is our guests. The Moon Palace is not the cheapest place to stay and is located by itself. We're looking for alternative hotels for our guests that's less costly.

gosh, it is out by itself. also, your wedding is during the high season so it is more expensive...i sent you a PM

I am getting married in the Rivier Maya for sure and almost positive that it will be at the Occidental Grand Xcaret resort. We are planning on sending out about 50 invites and hoping that only 30ish will end up comming.

When I first came on to this site I was set on a Cabo wedding but recently have made my mind up on the Riviera. The one thing I have really learned from the Cabo brides though is that they are eachothers best source of information. If all of us Cancun/PDC/Riviera brides start posting the little bits of info we find I think we will be in good shape.

Baconnic - I'll keep my eye out for resorts that sound like they would fit your wedding needs. are you thinking All Inclusive or not?

Weez - Both the Royal and the El Dorado seem like really nice spots to have a wedding and there is a ton of information about them floating around on the internet. I think there is a couple posts about these two resorts on this forum allready. If I come across any info on them I'll be sure to post it.

Valerie - I am so excited that you are having a weeding at an Occidental Resort. I am very interested to see how well the Occidental resorts handle their weddings.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally decided on the ElDorado (yay!) , and got my wedding date (24th March) so am really relieved that I don't have to stress about that anymore!! Only have around 15 to 20 people going and want to keep it as low key as possible, but am already seeing how easy it would be for the budget to go out of the window! Trying to stay on track!! lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weez View Post
Finally decided on the ElDorado (yay!) , and got my wedding date (24th March) so am really relieved that I don't have to stress about that anymore!! Only have around 15 to 20 people going and want to keep it as low key as possible, but am already seeing how easy it would be for the budget to go out of the window! Trying to stay on track!! lol!!
Yay Weez! That's so exciting to have the location figured out- big relief, huh? Good luck and can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weez View Post
weez (louise,

my friends are going to be there in feb. for valentine's day, you want me to try to get certain pics for you? im sure there will be weddings that week!