Photo

transporting wedding gown

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:22 PM

nothing describes quite like a picture! :) Good post Ann!
    My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
    Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#22 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:24 PM

i'm a visual learner! lol

seriously - i don't know what i'd do w/o rolling luggage! i hate over-the-shoulder bags. i do have a backpack laptop bag, but it's better than my old shoulder one!

#23 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
      • 1,876 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:26 PM

So, Ann are you going to pack your dress in a rolley or take it in a garmet bag? I agree, carry-on rolley = best piece of luggage!
        My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
        Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#24 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:28 PM

good question - i will probably just try the garmet bag approach, then use my rolly bag for the others stuff i want to carry on

#25 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:44 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by CABOBRIDE200
            Christa~ was your dress in a garmet bag? And did they lay it in the overhead compartment? ...just curious...thanks!
            Yes, I had it in the bag from the bridal store. And they laid it flat in it's own compartment.

#26 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
            • 1,876 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:56 PM

Thanks Christa. I hope they do this for all of us too!
              My new man....Donovan

#27 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
              • VIP Member
              • 11,403 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:57 PM

Well, traveling during the middle of the week probably helped our cause. You should be fine - it will work out!

#28 weez

weez
                • 151 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:35 PM

I also just had my dress in the regular bridal store dress bag, the flight attendants hung it up in a little hanging space they had and it came out fine. I didn't even need to steam it when we got there! Have to say though I wasn't quite as worried about it on the way home! LOL!

#29 wkbroome

wkbroome
                  • 99 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:36 PM

There is no way I'm checking that dress.
                    We are flying USA 3000 (Apple Vacations Charter) and I plan on contacting someone really soon about hanging the dress up on the plane.

#30 NATASHA

NATASHA
                    • 646 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:05 PM

I saw it for myself - none of the flight attendents would allow this woman to hang her dress. After that - I was prepared and ensured that I had it packed in a bag that I could put in the overhead so it wouldn't get wrinkled.

Also - it's really difficult to carry that thing around on a hanger. My seamstress didn't want me to carry it because she was concerned that the little beads that I had would scratch the satin.

If you have lace or beads - consider whether it will stay on the hanger. Also, just ask your dress maker/dress store -they will put it in the bag for you so it won't wrinkle.
                      Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter