Photo

Questions on best vacation packages

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dallas_texas09

dallas_texas09
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:45 PM

Hi guys, I am getting married in Playa del Carmen in November and I am planning on having the wedding party and guests to stay at the Occidental Grand Xcaret. I am trying to find the best vacation package for my guests. I have guests coming from Dallas and from Toronto. Any suggestions on which site offers the best rate? I have contacted a travel agency but, unfortunately, the special group rates they have given me are not so special....I've been able to find cheaper rates on other sites! Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:52 PM

PM Tammy (aka host) maybe she can help you out since she is a TA.

#3 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
      • VIP Member
      • 2,347 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 03:27 PM

I agree with Tammy--- check with other TA's. I did a lot of research on pricing resorts myself (Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Apple, Funjet) before we decided on a TA. Our TA beat even the lowest price we had found elsewhere.

If you can find a TA who can come close to what you find online, my personal thought is to go with the TA. Simply because it's one specific person handling as many people as possible in your group, which can give you more negotiating power, as well as better customer service if you have issues.

#4 VALERIE

VALERIE
        • 97 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 03:44 PM

We used Fare Deals Fare Deals Discount Travel

Do keep checking! I swear I called 15 travel agents to help me, and then i decided which one to go with based on several aspects... customer service, experience in destination weddings, price, packages, etc.

#5 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 03:50 PM

Hi, I also live in Dallas and am going through Tiki Trips here in town. They are located in Uptown - Have you tried them? They specialize in Destination Weddings - Dena is the TA there. So far she has seemed very helpful.

Tiki Trips - Unique Vacations to Exotic Destinations

We just booked a vacation through her for June of this year to Playa del Carmen to go check out possible resorts for our wedding location. The rates were very fair.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#6 saraece

saraece
            • 289 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 06:24 PM

In Canada we have the Flight Center who will match or beat any advertised price, so it pays to surf the net print off a quote and bring it in. I have done this on many trips.
              Like our first kiss all over again

#7 dallas_texas09

dallas_texas09
              • 113 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:05 AM

Thanks for all of the help!

#8 laura b

laura b
                • 334 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:54 AM

I went through a TA who tried to get me a really great deal, but when she quoted me the prices, I found it MUCH cheaper on Orbitz/CheapTickets. That's what we've told all our guests to book through.
                  Then I will just call the resort a couple of weeks before and make sure we're all close to one another.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter