Jump to content

Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4873 replies to this topic

#831 CaraW

CaraW
  • Jr. Member
  • 346 posts

    Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:27 AM

    We are definitely having the Mariachi band. I wish we could have them for both the ceremony and reception. But $800 seems a little steep. I'm so sad they took them out of the 2010 package for the ceremony.

    #832 FutureMrs.D

    FutureMrs.D
    • Jr. Member
    • 191 posts

      Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:09 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by CaraW
      We are definitely having the Mariachi band. I wish we could have them for both the ceremony and reception. But $800 seems a little steep. I'm so sad they took them out of the 2010 package for the ceremony.
      I know, eh! I was upset about that too... Are you going to have them for the ceremony or at the reception??

      #833 CaraW

      CaraW
      • Jr. Member
      • 346 posts

        Posted 19 October 2009 - 01:54 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by FutureMrs.D
        I know, eh! I was upset about that too... Are you going to have them for the ceremony or at the reception??
        I'm not 100% sure yet, I'm thinking maybe the reception so they can get the group excited and dancing. But I really wanted to walk in to the mariachi's playing the wedding march at the ceremony. What are you thinking of doing?

        #834 FutureMrs.D

        FutureMrs.D
        • Jr. Member
        • 191 posts

          Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:45 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by CaraW
          I'm not 100% sure yet, I'm thinking maybe the reception so they can get the group excited and dancing. But I really wanted to walk in to the mariachi's playing the wedding march at the ceremony. What are you thinking of doing?
          I was thinking of getting them for the reception.. but not sure at what point during the reception I would want them to come in...during dessert? earlier? later?

          #835 bride2010

          bride2010
          • Jr. Member
          • 424 posts

            Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:04 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by FutureMrs.D
            Hmmm.. fire dancers.. that could really interesting too! Do you know the cost to hire them?
            I had actually inquired about the fire dancers that they suggested. Victoria gave me a quote for about $1500 (I think the performance is also just around 20 minutes). There's no way I can splurge for that much. I was really sad when I found out because I've always wanted to have them at the reception. I'm still trying to look around for rates from someone outside the resort to see if they might be a little cheaper. Fingers crossed...
            http://i817.photobuc....ogotest1-3.jpg
            26 Booked + Bride & Groom
            "Before the light I will rescue, and then we'll begin to start it all over again" ...pete murrayHappily married to my best friend...

            #836 diamondpooch

            diamondpooch
            • Member
            • 546 posts

              Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:03 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by FutureMrs.D
              Hmmm.. fire dancers.. that could really interesting too! Do you know the cost to hire them?
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by bride2010
              I had actually inquired about the fire dancers that they suggested. Victoria gave me a quote for about $1500 (I think the performance is also just around 20 minutes). There's no way I can splurge for that much. I was really sad when I found out because I've always wanted to have them at the reception. I'm still trying to look around for rates from someone outside the resort to see if they might be a little cheaper. Fingers crossed...
              HOLY MOLY bride2010!!!! Are they out of their minds Sure that wasn't pesos I've heard a price around $300 give or take, but no more than $350. $1500 is ridiculous!

              #837 laura4ever

              laura4ever
              • Newbie
              • 89 posts

                Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:14 AM

                I was reading the Barcelo blog on the site and it said that the palace is no longer 1 a la carte per day, but pretty much fhe same number as tropical/colonial
                Has any one us heard of this?
                Info on this?
                That was one reason we were telling people they should stay at the Palace besides the fact that it is new and awesome, but they wouldnt have to have buffet dinners every night when they arrived before the wedding events started

                #838 diamondpooch

                diamondpooch
                • Member
                • 546 posts

                  Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:24 AM

                  which site?

                  #839 FutureMrs.D

                  FutureMrs.D
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 191 posts

                    Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:34 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by laura4ever
                    I was reading the Barcelo blog on the site and it said that the palace is no longer 1 a la carte per day, but pretty much fhe same number as tropical/colonial
                    Has any one us heard of this?
                    Info on this?
                    That was one reason we were telling people they should stay at the Palace besides the fact that it is new and awesome, but they wouldnt have to have buffet dinners every night when they arrived before the wedding events started
                    I've read this also.. I believe you get 4 A-la-Carte restaurant tickets for a 7 night stay.. I saw this on the Unoffical Barcelo Maya Forum/website..

                    #840 Houserhead

                    Houserhead
                    • Newbie
                    • 21 posts

                      Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:23 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by FutureMrs.D
                      I've read this also.. I believe you get 4 A-la-Carte restaurant tickets for a 7 night stay.. I saw this on the Unoffical Barcelo Maya Forum/website..
                      that is a real bummer. The unlimited A la Carte option was one of the best features of the Palace.




                      1 user(s) are reading this topic

                      1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users








                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter