Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4868 replies to this topic

#571 eblum999

eblum999
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:58 AM

t&kJanuary2010,

As far as the Welcome party being $5000. You do not have to have to let bill go that high.. you can have a gorgeous dinner on the beach with just high cocktail tables.... and there is no extra cost besides the food. You do not have to have it for 3 hours either. There are ways to have a beautiful party on the beach for much less. I hope I did not discourage you

Do not get me wrong... the rented furniture was gorgeous, but not needed if your budget does not allow. I would ask the WC for other options... Also.... what about having them section off a part of the Buffet?? I did that one night and it was wonderful... somewhat private.... and everyone gets to eat what they want... Thats another option! :)
    Erica & Doug
    July 18th 2009
    Barcelo Maya Palace
    www.elizabethmedina.com/ED09

#572 Sandra&Mario

Sandra&Mario
    • 336 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:22 AM

Erica!

You're amazing! Thanks so much for answering all our questions...I imagine a bride would be exhausted post wedding and say..."I need a break, no questions please." haha. But being that you were in our shoes not too long ago, you completely understand why we're "who, what, why, when, where, how?!?!?!?!"...so, thanks so much for sharing not only your beautiful pictures, but also your honest and kind words.

:)

Sandra

#573 FutureMrs.D

FutureMrs.D
      • 191 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:04 PM

Erica - just wanted to say I LOVE your new signature picture... !!

#574 eblum999

eblum999
        • 51 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:11 PM

Natalie!!!

Thank you so much :) I just figured out how to do it last night!
          Erica & Doug
          July 18th 2009
          Barcelo Maya Palace
          www.elizabethmedina.com/ED09

#575 beachbride17

beachbride17
          • 14 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:46 PM

I'm a little confused on the whole photographer thing. When I contact Barcelo they say no outside photographers at all but I hear you can book a room for your photographer and they are considered a guest? Do you then still have to pay the $300.00 to Photo Caribe? and won't the resort recognize the photographer and that they are only a guest for one night? I hate to pay to have a photographer there and then be told they can't take pictures. Sorry, but it seems to be different for everyone......
            Thanks for the help!!

#576 vlynnw

vlynnw
            • 6,003 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:36 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by beachbride17
              I'm a little confused on the whole photographer thing. When I contact Barcelo they say no outside photographers at all but I hear you can book a room for your photographer and they are considered a guest? Do you then still have to pay the $300.00 to Photo Caribe? and won't the resort recognize the photographer and that they are only a guest for one night? I hate to pay to have a photographer there and then be told they can't take pictures. Sorry, but it seems to be different for everyone......
              Thanks for the help!!
              When talking to the WC she let me know that we can use an outside photographer as long as they are a guest at the resort. Which works great for me because I'm not comfortable using a resort photographer. You don't have to pay for Photo Caribe at all, this is what I was told.
              Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#577 vlynnw

vlynnw
              • 6,003 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:38 PM

Erica,
                I just want to thank you for all of your feedback and answering everyone's questions because it has truly helped me out a lot. I've gotten a lot of inspiration from you from seeing your pictures and reading about your experience. It has made me so excited and so happy to choose the Barcelo.

Congrats again to you and Doug on a beautiful wedding! (I just noticed that your wedding day was the same day I got engaged!)
                Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#578 beachbride17

beachbride17
                • 14 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:20 PM

vlynnw,

Are you bringing a photographer from home or are you using one in the Mayan?

#579 FutureMrs.D

FutureMrs.D
                  • 191 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:37 PM

Hi ladies,

I was wondering if anyone knows if there would stores near the Barcelo Palace where I could purchase some wooden maracas?? I'd like to use these as favors, but the idea of bringing them down with me from Canada isn't too appealing... Also, anyone that has been to the resort or surrounding areas, would I be able to find paper parasols nearby?? I'd like to hand some out at the ceremony, since I'm planning on getting married in the gazebo, so it doesn't offer much shade to the guests attending...Thanks for your help!!

#580 MObride09

MObride09
                    • 186 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:16 PM

The last time I was there was in 2006, but I know that Playa Del Carmen is a short trip from the resort. There are many shops and markets there, particulary on their "5th Avenue" but whether or not you would be able to find parasols, I'm not sure...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter