Jump to content

Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4876 replies to this topic

#551 eblum999

eblum999
  • Newbie
  • 51 posts

    Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:17 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by harv0136
    Erica your pics are gorgeous! You're wedding was so beautiful...congrats! I love your bags for your moms and bridesmaids. Do you mind telling me where you found them? Super cute idea for the moms too!

    Was your cocktail hour on the rooftop?

    For the rehearsal dinner, did you set them up in advance with Gabriela? Do you mind telling me how much per person for the taco bar set up? Such a great idea!
    Thank you so, so much!!! The bags for my Mom I got from...

    Mother of the Bride Tote from Classy Bride

    Mother of the Groom.. Honestly was VERY hard to find... no one makes them really... But this where I got mine from...

    Mother of the Groom Bag

    And I got all my Bridesmaids bags here... Geez... you have it easy :) Doing all this work for you!!!! :) JK :)

    Buy Wedding Personalized Canvas Tote - Wedding Personalized Canvas Tote Online - Discount Wedding Personalized Canvas Tote)

    Cocktail Hour was on the Rooftop... SO beautiful.. and we also had a love band... Kiko and Carlos Band!!! Awesome....

    For the night before the wedding we had the Tacos and Tequila on the beach, the set up fee for all the lounge furniture was around $1,500 for the night and then the food with open bar per person was I believe $25, since we had the open bar for 3 hours I think the price they quoted me of $15 per person was only for 2 hours...So worth every penny... People are STILL talking about how original and gorgeous the whole night was!!!
    Erica & Doug
    July 18th 2009
    Barcelo Maya Palace
    www.elizabethmedina.com/ED09

    #552 harv0136

    harv0136
    • Newbie
    • 137 posts

      Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:20 AM

      Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it! I need to start getting on top of some of this stuff....less than 5 months left! :-)

      #553 t&kJanuary2010

      t&kJanuary2010
      • Jr. Member
      • 196 posts

        Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:24 AM

        Erica,

        I have so many questions...after seeing your pictures I can truly envision our wedding in a more positive light...thank you for that. I am 4 months away and getting very nervous because I don't get the responses I want at times from the WC. I have the same as yours. Now I can say one thing...I am nervous about the pictures. I wish I was on here before I had to make the decision whether to go with the Barcelo pics because it would have been worth it to have amazing pic such as yours. I wasn't aware of the forum as of then and now apparently it is to late to have an outside photographer.

        First Question: The chapel...so classey. We wanted to have our wedding in the chapel but was told it can not happen on a saturday and then was told we could...just last week. I sent the WC to see if the priest was available at the same time and date, invites are already out so that can't change. Still waiting to hear back. Then we are trying to fastforward pre-marriage courses with our priest here at home...I hope it can happen...we are meeting with him tomorrow night at 7:30pm..can't you tell we want this. Can you tell me your experience with the catholic ceremony? Was it more expensive? is it near the Palace?

        Question2: Do you still have the picture you sent to the WC of your bouquet? Love that look and would like to take your advice and have a picture of excatly what I want.

        Question3: Did you and your FI have to pay alot extra for the beach party? Can you PM me with details and questions I should ask the WC?? Your group looks very similar in the size of our guests...we want to just have a big casual party...before the party!

        Question 4: Did you get your hair done at the resort? I have a friend that has said she was coming which is a stylist and has worked with my hair before...but she is not booked so I am concerned...plus I want my girls to have their hair done.

        Sorry for all the questions...please help!!

        #554 t&kJanuary2010

        t&kJanuary2010
        • Jr. Member
        • 196 posts

          Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:39 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by brandynd
          t&k..you arrive the day before my wedding! Yay! If it will help at all you're more than welcome to creep around and see how ours turns out!
          Sweet...Thanks! Please keep in touch! Have you decided on your site yet? How many in your party?

          #555 finzup

          finzup
          • Jr. Member
          • 468 posts

            Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:36 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by t&kJanuary2010
            Erica,

            I wasn't aware of the forum as of then and now apparently it is to late to have an outside photographer.

            Hi.. you can have an outside photographer if they are a guest of the hotel!
            My wedding in 2010 and I have confirmed this twice with my WC, Claudia.

            Additionally she confirmed that they don't even need to stay at the palace - they can stay at the colonial, tropical, or beach and still participate in all activities of the wedding.
            *******************************

            -Katie
            Have you met Alice?
            http://tickers.Ticke....eXf/weight.png

            #556 eblum999

            eblum999
            • Newbie
            • 51 posts

              Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:05 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by t&kJanuary2010
              Erica,

              I have so many questions...after seeing your pictures I can truly envision our wedding in a more positive light...thank you for that. I am 4 months away and getting very nervous because I don't get the responses I want at times from the WC. I have the same as yours. Now I can say one thing...I am nervous about the pictures. I wish I was on here before I had to make the decision whether to go with the Barcelo pics because it would have been worth it to have amazing pic such as yours. I wasn't aware of the forum as of then and now apparently it is to late to have an outside photographer.

              First Question: The chapel...so classey. We wanted to have our wedding in the chapel but was told it can not happen on a saturday and then was told we could...just last week. I sent the WC to see if the priest was available at the same time and date, invites are already out so that can't change. Still waiting to hear back. Then we are trying to fastforward pre-marriage courses with our priest here at home...I hope it can happen...we are meeting with him tomorrow night at 7:30pm..can't you tell we want this. Can you tell me your experience with the catholic ceremony? Was it more expensive? is it near the Palace?

              Question2: Do you still have the picture you sent to the WC of your bouquet? Love that look and would like to take your advice and have a picture of excatly what I want.

              Question3: Did you and your FI have to pay alot extra for the beach party? Can you PM me with details and questions I should ask the WC?? Your group looks very similar in the size of our guests...we want to just have a big casual party...before the party!

              Question 4: Did you get your hair done at the resort? I have a friend that has said she was coming which is a stylist and has worked with my hair before...but she is not booked so I am concerned...plus I want my girls to have their hair done.

              Sorry for all the questions...please help!!
              Ok here it goes....

              Question 1.
              The Chapel is so classy and beautiful.... I fell in love with as as soon as I saw it. I had my wedding on a Saturday.. so I am not sure where you found that you were not allowed to get married on a Saturday in the Chapel. I do know that they have a Mass every Saturday at 6pm.. so I had to have my wedding at 4:30 (the latest they would allow me) so that the regular "church - goers" wouldnt run into my guests.
              You have to have all your Pre-Cana Classes taken care of... and you need to meet with your Priest because you Diocese needs to basically "release" you from the Diocese and allow you to get married in Mexico. That is what I had to do. But you Priest will let you know all of this when you meet with them.. and do not stress about time... because Doug and I met with my Priest literally 3 weeks before we were suppose to leave for Mexico!!! Talk about being stressed.... See no one told me that this had to be done. (I did though have my Pre-Cana Classes under my belt already) but never did meet with the Priest. But everything worked out for the best in the end. The Priest will give you all the paperwork, and I know the Barcelo tells you to mail all the paperwork out to them... But I did not trust it would all get there, or get lost, so I just brought it all with me and gave it to Gabriela to give to their Priest. Basically what they need is your Church Seal. Thats all. :)
              As far as the Church being more expensive.. it was the same cost as if it was going to be on the beach. Same cost. The Chapel is located in the Colonial... which is a 5 min. tram ride over from the Palace. Gabriela had it all arranged so my guest all had to meet in the Palace lobby and the tram (like a small bus, with no AC picked them all up at 4pm for my 4:30 wedding.... then a Golf Cart all decorated with flowers picked up the Bridal Party and the Guysat 4:20pm and then another WC came and picked up both myself, my Dad and Mom and took us in a golf cart to the ceremony. This all happened within 25 minutes.... So when the ceremony was over...The tram (with Gabriela arranged for us) picked everyone back up after the Mass and brought everyone back to the Palace. It was awesome how it worked out.. but again, I did not plan this to honestly like the day before the wedding, so dont stress.... its wasted energy :)

              Question 2.

              I do not have the picture I sent Gabriela.... just find one that is all roses and tell them you want to have coral color.... I used the CORAL colored roses... NOT the Hot Pink.. The Barcelo has 2 "PINKS" to choose from.

              Question 3.
              The White Party on the beach the night before the wedding was NOT included in the wedding package price... it was extra. We had a "lounge type of party", with an open bar for 3 hours... and we used the Menu of "Tacos and Tequila"... So gorgeous.. and if you watch my slideshow you will see all the pictures. The cost to rent all the lounge furniture was around $1,500 USD. The rest of the party with live band ($600 USD for 2 hours... has to be paid in CASH) all the drinks and food anyone could ever consume was I believe $5,000. But ask the coordinators. I mean I had an extra hour added so it drove the cost up.. you dont have to rent furniture... you can just have tall cocktail tables for no cost I believe. We had a total of 45 guests.

              Question 4.
              I did not get my hair done at the resort.... My Maid of Honor is a hair dresser, so she did my hair and my moms. BUT everyone one else got their hair done at the Spa.. a bit pricey but when you need your hair done... you will pay pretty much anything! I think they charged all my bridesmaids around $75-$80.. not sure but in that range. Make sure you bring pictures!! They do not speak the best English and it is hard to explain what you want, so if they can see it, it would be better! They all made their appointments when they got to the resort.

              Ok I hope this helps!!
              Let me know if you need anything else :)
              Erica :) :) :)
              Erica & Doug
              July 18th 2009
              Barcelo Maya Palace
              www.elizabethmedina.com/ED09

              #557 yesther

              yesther
              • Newbie
              • 65 posts

                Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:24 PM

                Erica,
                Thanks for much for sharing your beautiful day with us! The pictures, the write up and all the answers to the questions are totally appreciated! It makes me want to have a welcome dinner party like yours!!!

                #558 t&kJanuary2010

                t&kJanuary2010
                • Jr. Member
                • 196 posts

                  Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:37 PM

                  Erica,

                  REALLY... I can not thank you enough for taking the time to provide all that information!!!! I have gotten an email from the WC that we can have the ceremony at 3:00pm. My FI wants later but we'll see what she comes back with...4:30pm would work for time I am sure :) Did you get to meet the priest prior to your wedding? Also did you and your FI have to legally marry in the states before leaving for MX...I was told that by WC also

                  Doesn't look like we will be doing a welcome dinner...FI doesn't want to spend that much...b/c I am add alot of other expenses to the wedding its self...I'm sure we will work something out. Do you know if they will book group reservations at any of the resturants Our party is looking like 43-45 right now.

                  I am going to keep my fingers crossed on my girl friend for hair. I just would feel good knowing she is going to be there so I can put those thoughts at rest once i know she is in. Another girl in my bridal party went to "hair school" but she has never worked with my hair sooo I am not going to go there at this point...but was hoping she would help the other ladies. I am sure she would do a great job on me too I just haven't had personal experience. You know!!

                  Thanks sooooo much again! you rock!!

                  Toni

                  #559 t&kJanuary2010

                  t&kJanuary2010
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 196 posts

                    Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:42 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by finzup
                    Hi.. you can have an outside photographer if they are a guest of the hotel!
                    My wedding in 2010 and I have confirmed this twice with my WC, Claudia.

                    Additionally she confirmed that they don't even need to stay at the palace - they can stay at the colonial, tropical, or beach and still participate in all activities of the wedding.
                    Well I tried inquiring just in case with Elizabeth M. and she is unavailable on my date...

                    #560 finzup

                    finzup
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 468 posts

                      Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:48 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by t&kJanuary2010

                      Do you know if they will book group reservations at any of the resturants Our party is looking like 43-45 right now.
                      I was told by WC Claudia that they can only have 20 people per reservation at the a la cartes... and with 20 she said it would have to be a set menu...
                      *******************************

                      -Katie
                      Have you met Alice?
                      http://tickers.Ticke....eXf/weight.png




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter