Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4868 replies to this topic

#3471 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
  • 389 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

So is the palapa still not up? Oh well! Random thought: Since my ceremony is at 2pm and dinner/reception isn't until 5:30/6pm should I do the cocktail hour after the ceremony @2:30 or wait until 4:30/5:00? Thoughts? :)

I can't give advice for the cocktail hour as we didn't have one, our guests went and drank at the Coco pool bar between our ceremony at 3 and reception at 5:30. As for the palapa, it's gone, there's nothing there just a huge sandy beach. If you like the trees wrapped with lights (they were a must for me) there are no trees down at Playa Azul, they will still have large spotlights and such, you won't be in the dark, but the tree lights are much more subtle and romantic feeling than a large bright spotlight.

#3472 lauraruiz3

lauraruiz3
    • 13 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by missfreckles 

Yes my wedding will be the loud group for sure...we have over 65 guests booked and confirmed and the number seems to keep growing.

What locations are you using for your ceremony and reception ?

Wow that is a large group, that's going to be fun!! We're having a small gathering, so far we have 32 booked. We're getting married at the gazebo and not sure which banquet hall for the reception, my WC said it will depend on the final number of booked guests. What about you?

Laura

#3473 WeddingCancun

WeddingCancun
      • Vendor
      • 210 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by amberduke 

So is the palapa still not up? Oh well!

Random thought:

Since my ceremony is at 2pm and dinner/reception isn't until 5:30/6pm should I do the cocktail hour after the ceremony @2:30 or wait until 4:30/5:00?

Thoughts?

:)

Hi amberduke!

Most of times, cocktail hour is a great prelude to a great reception so i think it would be ok if you do it before the dinner.

Grisell

Wedding Cancun by LATINASIA

We help couples planning a beach destination wedding who want a splendid Wedding experience in Cancun and Riviera Maya get simple, elegant and romantic decoration without worring to deal with vendors who really dont care about your wedding. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE LIKE THAT?

#3474 Ken Brownlee

Ken Brownlee
        • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Thanks for the kind words Jordanna! You and your entire group were a pleasure!

#3475 amberduke

amberduke
          • 33 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Thanks ladies!

#3476 missfreckles

missfreckles
            • 22 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

I was asked how many kids I have coming to my wedding...is this under 12 or 18 ?

Does anyone know

#3477 lauraruiz3

lauraruiz3
              • 13 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by missfreckles 

I was asked how many kids I have coming to my wedding...is this under 12 or 18 ?

Does anyone know

I believe it is 12 and under.

Laura

#3478 karla5280

karla5280
                • Site Supporter
                • 19 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

It is 12 and under, I am pretty sure 12, and what I was informed is that they would have to eat off the kids meal to be free.  Kids meal I think are chicken fingers or mac & cheese if I remember right.

#3479 Mel888

Mel888
                  • 19 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

Hi Ladies!

I am getting married May4th, 2013 and haven't planned a thing! I know some of you are saying that your WC takes forever to reply, but I haven't heard from mine in 2 months!!!! I have Xhail and the last I heard was when she sent me the excel sheet to start planning and I haven't heard anything back from her. I emailed her again about 2 weeks ago to see if she got my last email, but heard nothing back. Should I be freaking out?

#3480 patcaz

patcaz
                    • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Hi! I requested information to Barcelo and the first coordinator responding was Victoria, then she never replied to my email; then I emailed Jaqueline and she neither would reply. Then I called and I got the email from Lilian. She sent me some info but after I replied to her email with my questions, she did not responded. It is really frustrating for me that these ladies "wedding coordinators" are not paying attention to the customers when this is a very important event for us. My fiancee called Barcelo today and he got the email of another lady, Ruth. I am seriously thinking in don't doing the wedding there if this lady Ruth is not enough attentive and fast in responding to my questions...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter