Jump to content

Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4868 replies to this topic

#2851 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
  • Member
  • 860 posts

    Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:23 AM


    We were married at the Barcelo on November 17th but were in Mexico from the 6th through the 25th (yes almost 3 weeks between wedding and honeymoon!!). Early Novemeber is considered low season, and on November 15th the rates went up as you move into high season. We knew when we booked that we were taking a risk on the weather, but a tiny risk compared to late August through October. The first half of our trip it rained every single day, although they were mostly half hour showers. It would either pour in the mornings around 8 or 9, or like most days the rain would roll in around 1pm. The second half of the trip we didn't see a drop of rain!
     

    Originally Posted by Kristina610 

    Hi ladies, has anyone on here had their wedding in August or early November? I know this is during "hurricane" season, but how was thr weather? Is it worth the risk to plan a wedding during those months?


     



    #2852 kisekae

    kisekae
    • Newbie
    • 28 posts

      Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

      I am getting married at Barcelo in April and need some information regarding making it legal in Canada. I am in sort of a unique situation where I will be moving to the UK a month after the wedding, so I need it all legalized in Canada immediately, before I go. I heard that to get the apostille seal sent to us will take 2-3 months and I won't be able to wait that long. Is this true and if so is there anything we can do to speed up the process??

      Please Help!



      #2853 Brenners

      Brenners
      • Member
      • 807 posts

        Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:58 AM

        kisekae, we got married legally in the US and were asked to give an address where they could send the marriage license in case we moved.  We were not moving so it was the same as our current address.  I would go online to your local government office website and/or call to find out what process you need to follow as that will be your safest bet. You may need to do your legal ceremony in Canada first but can keep it secret from your guests.  That is what we did.
         

        Originally Posted by kisekae 

        I am getting married at Barcelo in April and need some information regarding making it legal in Canada. I am in sort of a unique situation where I will be moving to the UK a month after the wedding, so I need it all legalized in Canada immediately, before I go. I heard that to get the apostille seal sent to us will take 2-3 months and I won't be able to wait that long. Is this true and if so is there anything we can do to speed up the process??

        Please Help!



         



        #2854 kisekae

        kisekae
        • Newbie
        • 28 posts

          Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

          I wish we could have gotten married legally before hand, but it wasn't an option for us. The reason for my move is that my fiance lives in the UK and we won't be seeing each other from now until the wedding. 

           

          It needs to be legallised before the move because I need the marriage visa to go to the UK. 

           

          It's all a lot of hassle, I don't recommend marrying someone from an another country :P Worth it one day though! x



          #2855 Brenners

          Brenners
          • Member
          • 807 posts

            Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

            Hmmm...have you considered getting married legally in the UK after you move?  You would have to update and get a new visa but that might be less of a hassle...
             

            Originally Posted by kisekae 

            I wish we could have gotten married legally before hand, but it wasn't an option for us. The reason for my move is that my fiance lives in the UK and we won't be seeing each other from now until the wedding. 

             

            It needs to be legallised before the move because I need the marriage visa to go to the UK. 

             

            It's all a lot of hassle, I don't recommend marrying someone from an another country :P Worth it one day though! x



             



            #2856 kisekae

            kisekae
            • Newbie
            • 28 posts

              Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

              Thank you for your suggestions but unfortunately the only way of doing it, for us, is to have all the documentation done in Canada after the legal ceremony in Mexico, and before I move to the UK. So I can only hope that there is a way to get the Apostille Seal right away! I don't see why it would take up to 3 months anyways.



              #2857 nicole80

              nicole80
              • Newbie
              • 7 posts

                Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

                Thanks for your post :) I am so happy you had such a great experience at Barcelo! We plan on having our wedding there in Nov 2012 and its just nice to read that everything went so well. I want. more than anything, to have a stress-free wedding and I'm so happy that it IS possible!! :)



                #2858 nixen1

                nixen1
                • Newbie
                • 5 posts

                  Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

                   

                  Hi Everyone! I am just new to this forum. And in the early stages of planning. Currently my TA is checking on wedding availability at the Barcelo Colonial.  I apoligize in advance if this question has already been asked somewhere in the past 200+ posts/threads.  

                   

                  My TA suggested that what some couples do is stay at the Barcelo Palace and have their guests stay at the Colonial.  That way you still get that feeling of a honeymoon, are able to have alone time, but can still meet up with guests at the other available restaurants, pools etc.  Has anyone done this? Were you guests upset that you were staying at a separate "resort" that they couldn't enter? I am getting some harsh feedback that I am considering staying at the Palace which is private and the guests at the colonial. Am I the only one to think there shouldn't be anything wrong with this? It is my understanding that Colonial guests cannot use the facilities of Palace but Palace guests can use all facilities of Colonial, etc etc.  My TA said that, on the day of the wedding, my guests would get special permission to enter the Palace facilities/ceremony site whatever.  

                   

                  If anyone can give me some feedback, that would be super! 



                  #2859 ANGELA2013

                  ANGELA2013
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 312 posts

                    Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:55 PM


                    We had originally suggested this to our families as an idea and we got the response of if people are paying for their vacation they should get to choose, so we decided the drama wasn't worth it and that the resort was big enough that if we wanted alone time we could find it.  I guess it just depends on your guests and whether or not they would respect that request. 

                    Originally Posted by nixen1 

                     

                    Hi Everyone! I am just new to this forum. And in the early stages of planning. Currently my TA is checking on wedding availability at the Barcelo Colonial.  I apoligize in advance if this question has already been asked somewhere in the past 200+ posts/threads.  

                     

                    My TA suggested that what some couples do is stay at the Barcelo Palace and have their guests stay at the Colonial.  That way you still get that feeling of a honeymoon, are able to have alone time, but can still meet up with guests at the other available restaurants, pools etc.  Has anyone done this? Were you guests upset that you were staying at a separate "resort" that they couldn't enter? I am getting some harsh feedback that I am considering staying at the Palace which is private and the guests at the colonial. Am I the only one to think there shouldn't be anything wrong with this? It is my understanding that Colonial guests cannot use the facilities of Palace but Palace guests can use all facilities of Colonial, etc etc.  My TA said that, on the day of the wedding, my guests would get special permission to enter the Palace facilities/ceremony site whatever.  

                     

                    If anyone can give me some feedback, that would be super! 



                     



                    #2860 FireyNurse

                    FireyNurse
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 389 posts

                      Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:20 PM

                      Oh we are right in the midst of this battle!

                       

                      We thought giving people the option to stay at whichever resort they wanted would be perfect so we got prices for both the Colonial and the Palace and have told people to choose as they please, pay more or less, its up to them! Well feedback has been "its not FAIR" lol amongst other things, as well as some people thinking that the option is great! We haven't restricted anyone to staying at one or the other, though.

                       

                      Any which way you put it to guests ALL resorts have the upgrade section whether its called "gold," "premium club, "platinum," "vip" etc, there is always an option to upgrade to a more exclusive section.

                       

                      We are discovering there is no way to make people happy so we are just giving them options and then they can't really complain about anything.

                       

                      There is some different feedback on this forum regarding how guests from the beach/caribe and colonial/tropical are served and such while at the palace for the wedding events, maybe some of the other Brides can speak to this, as for us, we heard the same as you and that the guests can use the bar or restaurant for your reception time but must leave afterwards.

                       

                      Good Luck!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter