Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4878 replies to this topic

#2731 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
  • 860 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:33 AM

Hair and Makeup by Barcelo Spa :

Not the greatest picture, but the only one I have from our TTD session taken on my sister's iPhone. Will give you some idea on service from the Barcelo Spa but I will post more pictures and full review when I get my pro pictures :

TTD.jpg

#2732 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
    • 860 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:39 AM

Adrian is a professional makeup artist from Texas now living in the Riviera Maya. His work is amazing and he uses airbrush foundation.

If you book him he will come to the hotel before the wedding and do a trial hair and makeup run, and will then come to your room again the morning of the wedding. It was lovely and relaxing instead of going to the spa. Adrian and his team came the morning of our wedding and we opened some bottles of champagne and later that morning ordered room service, we were playing music and chit chatting and it just takes away the nerves of sitting in the spa with a stylist who doesn't speak english.

Adrian's website is

I keep hearing people mention Adrian and his team for hair and make up. Who is that and does he have a website or something so that I can find out pricing?

#2733 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
      • 860 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:03 AM

MakeUp by Adrian and Hair By Christian from PB170457.JPG

PB170458.JPG

From the back :

photo53 (2).JPG

My mum's hair and makeup :

photo40.JPG

Bride's hair and makeup :

photo45.JPG

373859_2701922233092_2001743732_n.jpg

photo36.JPG

IMG_3227.JPG

#2734 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
        • 860 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:09 AM

As Brenners said, I think this could all be easily be booked with your w/c ahead of time, I however waited until I got there. I planned to book my mani/pedi the morning of the wedding but my w/c recommended doing it the evening before, which worked out well for me and the morning of the wedding more relaxed. We booked our couples massage when we got there also as we didn't know our schedule for excursions and stuff, so booked a late afternoon right on the beach. And for the hair and makeup for the TTD day, that was also booked when I got there. But if you know what days and times you want for everything I would go ahead and schedule that with your w/c now. I will add though that the salon never seemed too busy and always appeared to have staff waiting and ready so if you decide to change your days I don't think it would be an issue.

Originally Posted by holls213 

Avens did you book your hair and make up at the spa in advance or when you got to the resort??

#2735 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
          • 860 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:22 AM

We actually bought our maraca's with us rather than buy down there. I wanted the large ones and I heard they were $3 each down there, and I was able to get them here for $1 each. Plus I had made tags for each one so I was able to attach them here before we left. They were very light so didn't way down bags, but they did take up a bit of space. We had 6 of us on the same flight (including a 2 year old) and had one checked bag each and one carry on each that we had FILLED with the heaviest items, so between us all we only needed to check one extra bag.

We got large yellow ones to match our color theme and they had 'Mexico' written on them :

Has anyone had experience getting flameless candles or maracas while in Mexico before the wedding? We've heard it's better than packing it all there, but I have no idea where to find such things, and don't want to get ripped off!!

#2736 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
            • 389 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:23 AM

JoanneIreland thanks for all your info and pics, your wedding (and you) looked amazing!

#2737 holls213

holls213
              • 43 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:09 AM

Wow Joanne, you and your wedding looked absolutely beautiful!! Can't wait to see the professional pics!! Thanks for all the advice and helpful info on hair/makeup and the maracas.  Where did you guys end up finding the large maracas for $1??

#2738 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                • 860 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:24 AM

We got the maraca's from a party supply store online. I can't remember the name and I didn't save the website URL but I will see if I can find it from my bank statements and I will get back to you.

#2739 Avens

Avens
                  • 576 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:22 AM

We booked all of our appointments in advance, however one of them wasn't actually made with the spa (wedding day one!). Luckily they fit us in, and didn't even tell us until afterwards, so we didn't panic.

I don't have many photos yet, I'll post some better ones as they show up!  I can't seem to find a straight on picture anywhere!

Here's my hair.  My friend and bridesmaid made me the hair vine, it was so pretty.

Avens did you book your hair and make up at the spa in advance or when you got to the resort??

#2740 Avens

Avens
                    • 576 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:32 AM

399431_10150532325484445_512999444_8588001_843309670_n.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter