Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4865 replies to this topic

#2131 surprise_its_taken

surprise_its_taken
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:44 AM

Does anyone know (I'm hoping some recent brides are reading!) what currency we pay the officiant in?  Originally I was told USD but now with the new laws about using pesos I'm not sure if we're supposed to pay him in USD or pesos.

#2132 b2b2011

b2b2011
    • 58 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:40 AM

I just emailed my WC about this.  I will let you know when I get a response.

Originally Posted by surprise_its_taken 

Does anyone know (I'm hoping some recent brides are reading!) what currency we pay the officiant in?  Originally I was told USD but now with the new laws about using pesos I'm not sure if we're supposed to pay him in USD or pesos.

#2133 Clean122

Clean122
      • Site Supporter
      • 118 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:52 PM

I leave for Mexico in 8 days

#2134 LynnP

LynnP
        • 19 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:34 PM

Hello Ali,

Wow thanks for all the insight on your wedding experience @ Barcelo.  I had a question for you... did you hire an outside wedding planner/coordinator other than yours from the resort?  I noticed you had beautiful chairs and isle decor.  I was curious who I can get in touch with for those.  Wasn't sure if you got those thru your florist or someone else... Also if you dont mind me asking.... Was your florist very expensive?  I have looked at her website, looks fantastic.  One more thing, did Barcelo make you choose a wedding PACKAGE? How did that work, it looks like you had all outside vendors...Not sure how that works if they have other options ??? If they make you choose a pkg then you hire outsideres yourself or what...YOur advice is much appreciated!!!!!!!!! SOrry about all the questions.

Thanks Girl!

~Lynn

#2135 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
          • 860 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

Does anyone know the choice of chair sashes and table runners?

After the wedding I am planning on leaving all unused items with my WC, have no intentions of lugging it back on the return trip,maybe some bride can use it after. Do you think other brides have done this in the past and that maybe the WC's have a supply of vases, candle holders, sashes, lightening, laterns, etc ...........

#2136 Clean122

Clean122
            • Site Supporter
            • 118 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

For our wedding we used the WC from the hotel (Claudia) she has been very nice thus far and im happy we have her. However she does take a long time to reply to my emails sometimes, and when I ask her questions she doesnt always answer them.

Hello Ali,

Wow thanks for all the insight on your wedding experience @ Barcelo.  I had a question for you... did you hire an outside wedding planner/coordinator other than yours from the resort?  I noticed you had beautiful chairs and isle decor.  I was curious who I can get in touch with for those.  Wasn't sure if you got those thru your florist or someone else... Also if you dont mind me asking.... Was your florist very expensive?  I have looked at her website, looks fantastic.  One more thing, did Barcelo make you choose a wedding PACKAGE? How did that work, it looks like you had all outside vendors...Not sure how that works if they have other options ??? If they make you choose a pkg then you hire outsideres yourself or what...YOur advice is much appreciated!!!!!!!!! SOrry about all the questions.

Thanks Girl!

~Lynn

#2137 Avens

Avens
              • 576 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:02 AM

Yay!!!!

Originally Posted by Clean122 

I leave for Mexico in 8 days

#2138 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                • 860 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:17 AM

Hello ladies,

Anyone have the breakdown of the differences between the features of each of the 5 hotels at Barcelo Maya?

I am creating my Wedding Website and under "Resort Information" I have listed the 5 hotels within the resort but want to provide information on each.

Anyone have this handy?
                  Thanks!

#2139 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                  • 860 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

Oopps, forgot to add, do any of you girls have info on the surrounding area and things to do?? This website is driving me nuts but I want to add as much info as I can for our guests. I'll probably end up repeating it all in our welcome packets, but want to get it out there as soon as I can. Thank you girls!

#2140 Clean122

Clean122
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 118 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:21 PM

yay I'm leaving tomorrow morning for mexico I can't wait! Yuppie!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter