Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4876 replies to this topic

#2041 sfrench0621

sfrench0621
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:52 PM

Glad to hear you got a quick response back. I'm sure it was an accident and never once felt like the resort was trying to nickle and dime me. I acutally felt like their prices were reasonable compared to other resorts we looked at.

Originally Posted by Amandation 

Ok, I got a response from her. She said she accidentally put the 2011 price on my plan.  I don't know if that's the truth, but I'll go with it.

I feel like this resort nickel and dime's people, but what can you do.  After everyone books their trip, it's hard to change your mind. 

Just venting a little, I'm sure the wedding will turn out great  :-)

Xhail has been pretty good about responding to emails.  Sometimes, it takes her a while.  Regarding the planning left to do, I would be upset also.  That is not alot of time to finish up the last of your plans.  I hope you get a better response. 

#2042 alib0160

alib0160
    • 13 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:35 PM

I wouldn't say the hotel is trying to nickel and dime. And of course, now that I say they, they probably will. ;) While the wedding coordinators can be a bit apathetic at times... and definitely from the perspective of us excited brides... the hotel itself tried to help us save money. Our wedding coordinator had the balance of our wedding  charged to our room. What we didn't pay in cash (for the officiant and mariachi band) we paid upon check out with our credit card. And the girl at the front desk even helped us get a better exchange rate so we could save money. But our total owed the hotel (for 100 guests) was somewhere near $8,000 (USD)...  that total seemed to scare the girl at the front desk and she seemed to want to help us out a little.

#2043 silvajen

silvajen
      • 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:45 PM

Okay girls... I need some help! Can anyone email me the menu options? ( obichick7317@gmail.com)  Also I need to get a DJ and don't even know where to start?! I haven't picked a photographer or a videographer and would love some suggestions :-) Any little bit will help, thanks so much!

#2044 FuninthesunMayan2011

FuninthesunMayan2011
        • Site Supporter
        • 51 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by silvajen 

Okay girls... I need some help! Can anyone email me the menu options? ( obichick7317@gmail.com)  Also I need to get a DJ and don't even know where to start?! I haven't picked a photographer or a videographer and would love some suggestions :-) Any little bit will help, thanks so much!

I'll send you the menu options! For photographer, I will of course suggest the one I booked...Ivan Luckie. He is fantastic, quick to reply to emails and his work speaks for itself. I would say that he would have a videographer he could suggest as well. No sure about DJ...I'm bringing my ipod .

Hope this helps,

Krista

#2045 maniacib

maniacib
          • 11 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:26 AM

OK so I want to book a room for my photographer and his assistant throught he barcelo happy days website because it is A LOT cheaper!  But then the reservation goes under my name, not his.  So I'm thinking that this could be a problem when he is checking in.  Is there a way to book the reservation under his name, but where is gets charged to me?  I'm confused, I just want check in for him to go smoothly and I want to be sure he is considered a guest of my wedding.  Do you girls understand what I'm trying to say and does anyone have any advise about this topic?  THanks!

#2046 sfrench0621

sfrench0621
            • 242 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:49 PM

When I booked my photographers room using Happy Days I was able to change the reservation name right when I was booking. It defaulted to my name but I was able to change it. I also booked a room for one of our groomsmen and was able to book it in his name online with the Happy Days special.

#2047 b2b2011

b2b2011
              • 58 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:26 PM

Hi ladies,

just recieved an email from my WC saying it is time to decide on the meal biut, she forgot to attach the options.  Any chance any of you have them and could email them to me.  I'm sure that would be a lot quicker than waiting for her to respond again.

Thnks,

J

#2048 maniacib

maniacib
                • 11 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:39 AM

Thanks a lot.  I will try that!  When is your wedding?

#2049 maniacib

maniacib
                  • 11 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:40 AM

Sfrench0621,

Thanks for the info!  Did your photographer check in go smoothly?

#2050 Clean122

Clean122
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 118 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by b2b2011 

Hi ladies,

just recieved an email from my WC saying it is time to decide on the meal biut, she forgot to attach the options.  Any chance any of you have them and could email them to me.  I'm sure that would be a lot quicker than waiting for her to respond again.

Thnks,

J

yes I just got mine, PM me your email.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter