Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4868 replies to this topic

#1911 michelle2011

michelle2011
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:00 AM

Ok just heard back from foto caribbean and they said that they are no longer the photographer onsite but they can honor any reservations made. So now to investigate the new photo company and make a decision.. hhhhmmmm

#1912 mexico_2011

mexico_2011
    • 82 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by michelle2011 

Ok just heard back from foto caribbean and they said that they are no longer the photographer onsite but they can honor any reservations made. So now to investigate the new photo company and make a decision.. hhhhmmmm

I am in the same situation as you...we booked foto caribbean for our wedding and they said they would honor our reservation and we would not be charged extra for having them as an outside photographer.  I am not totally impresseed with the pictures on their website, so I am starting to lean towards booking the new people.  I haven't found out much information on the new photographers yet....just a generic website from other destinations they have done weddings at. It's a tough decision, it's so hard to know if the new company will be any better. Let me know any info you find out about the new photographers please!  And I will also share any info I find out as well :)

Thanks,

Melanie

#1913 nmurch

nmurch
      • 396 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:01 AM

i booked Ivan Luckie, but i'm curious, who is the new photograhers?

jan 11 cant come soon enough...

#1914 michelle2011

michelle2011
        • 1,301 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by nmurch 

i booked Ivan Luckie, but i'm curious, who is the new photograhers?

Originally Posted by mexico_2011 

I am in the same situation as you...we booked foto caribbean for our wedding and they said they would honor our reservation and we would not be charged extra for having them as an outside photographer.  I am not totally impresseed with the pictures on their website, so I am starting to lean towards booking the new people.  I haven't found out much information on the new photographers yet....just a generic website from other destinations they have done weddings at. It's a tough decision, it's so hard to know if the new company will be any better. Let me know any info you find out about the new photographers please!  And I will also share any info I find out as well :)

Thanks,

Melanie

Hi Melaine i will defo let you know if i find out anymore. I have asked on the facebook page too. It would be nice to see a review and a sample of pic's taken at resort so we can make a decison. It says they are part of the Kodak group and i think they are a bit dearer than FC. Will be interesting to see what they are like.

I dont know their name?

#1915 Clean122

Clean122
          • Site Supporter
          • 118 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:19 AM

I havnt even begun to think about photography yet :/  Although I didnt get a name of the photographer that took pictures for my friends wedding at Barcelo in May. They did a beautiful job.

http://www.claudiaph...alli/lisa_amir/

#1916 nmurch

nmurch
            • 396 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:24 AM

Barcelo didn't tell you the name of the new company? how did u find out it changed?

Hi Melaine i will defo let you know if i find out anymore. I have asked on the facebook page too. It would be nice to see a review and a sample of pic's taken at resort so we can make a decison. It says they are part of the Kodak group and i think they are a bit dearer than FC. Will be interesting to see what they are like.

I dont know their name?

#1917 nmurch

nmurch
              • 396 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:30 AM

new photographers were posted on this site..

http://www.mybarcelo.../photoalbum.php

http://www.ftnnews.c.../view/10065/26/

not sure if the links are super detailed i just found them and am reading them myself!

they seem to be much much better then fotocaribe

#1918 michelle2011

michelle2011
                • 1,301 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:45 AM

No i found out through the unofficial barcelo maya forum! The hotel haven't said anything. Then i emailed FC and they confirmed they are no longer the onsite photog... Thanx. I would be nice to see more pix and and some reviews though. I will keep my eyes open....

#1919 cjb0arder13

cjb0arder13
                  • 310 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:40 AM

No i found out through the unofficial barcelo maya forum! The hotel haven't said anything. Then i emailed FC and they confirmed they are no longer the onsite photog... Thanx. I would be nice to see more pix and and some reviews though. I will keep my eyes open....

Wow! Wonder if they would have ever said anything if you hadn't asked. Thank god for these forums, eh??

I checked out the new photogs' site. Definitely better than the old resort photogs, but not super impressive for what they're asking package-wise. I'd definitely recommend Ivan Luckie..he is an amazing photographer and his prices are actually really good for a whole day of shooting. I wanted to go with him, but I originally was going to get married at Azul Beach and they didn't allow photographers other than their "approved" list. So I went with Claudia Rodriguez, who is AMAZING, but her prices are a bit higher than I originally wanted to spend.

#1920 nmurch

nmurch
                    • 396 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:07 PM

the good news is, is that now people can atleast get pretty good quality over meh quality and not have to fight over the external/daypass/2room night etc.! because i think the quality of the new peoples photos is really good. yes it is a lil expensive but the prices are worth the pics compared to foto caribe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter