Jump to content

Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4868 replies to this topic

#1731 diamondpooch

diamondpooch
  • Member
  • 546 posts

    Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:53 PM

    elisha0607, great review! Sounds like your wedding was amazing. I would love to see pics too if you can figure out how to post them!


    On a side note, to all you ladies who have already gotten married, how were the rooms? I never read much about them in the reviews, but would really like to hear some feedback. Temperature control issues? Bugs? Bed comfort? Anyone have anything stolen?

    #1732 artistique

    artistique
    • Banned
    • 190 posts

      Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:07 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by michelle2011
      Artistique - Those photos are STUNNING. I love them. Such a beautiful place to get married. I can't wait!
      Thank you!! :) It is such a gorgeous place to shoot! It is our favorite hotel in the Riviera Maya.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by diamondpooch
      On a side note, to all you ladies who have already gotten married, how were the rooms? I never read much about them in the reviews, but would really like to hear some feedback. Temperature control issues? Bugs? Bed comfort? Anyone have anything stolen?
      We have stayed several times (Palace only), and totally love the rooms. Once we had ocean view, then another time one of the buildings further back. The beds are typical Mexico, not that comfy but just call the front desk and ask for a mattress pad. They have big, thick ones that are great! You may need to have two, I think we did once and they are really nice. Good pillows too. The stone rain shower is really awesome and there is a tub with shower as well. There are double bowl sinks and plenty of counter space in the bathroom. The toilet is separated by a door which is nice. All of the rooms have either a balcony with chairs or a deck. They also have a rack to dry your swimsuits out there which was super handy. They keep the fridges well stocked even though they aren't super cold. We never had any issues with the ac, which worked great! It does turn off when you aren't in the room though, so it takes a few minutes to cool back down when you return.

      They have these funky things next to the door which if you wave your had over, you can tell if there is anyone in the room. Green means empty, red means someone is in there. I think they use it when doing turndown service to see if you are there or not. Lights are on motion sensors too and will shut off with no motion. The only potential negative is that the rooms can smell a bit musty, which is also pretty typical for Mexico. It is just so humid down there! The housekeeping service was really good, the only thing is double check your glassware. We had a dirty glass to start with and they don't seem to switch them to clean ones during your stay.

      Never had anything stolen but always used the safe. We left the laptop out when we got there one day, and had a nice little note on it from HK suggesting that we use the in room safe. They are roomy and easy to use. DEFINITELY keep your passports in there!

      We have been there in October and January and saw virtually no bugs either time. There were a few on the mini golf course which is in the trees but other than that, nothing.

      Let me know if I missed anything!

      :)

      #1733 diamondpooch

      diamondpooch
      • Member
      • 546 posts

        Posted 12 June 2010 - 04:14 PM

        Thanks Artistique! Great room review! Answered everything I wanted to know.

        #1734 elisha0607

        elisha0607
        • Newbie
        • 56 posts

          Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:17 PM

          Thank you all. It was such a memorable time. I posted all of the pics to my snapfish account, try this link to see if you can view the album.
          We chose the 100 photo package with the 100 digital copies and 100 printed in album and 40min DVD. We had so much great footage that we upgraded to the 65min video and they thru in 90 mins of video. We chose 119 pics (it was SOOO hard to choose), we paid for 110 and they gave us 9 free- all 119 on CD and in album. The print quality was GORGEOUS. Very bright and so crisp and clear. When booking, i corresponded with Francisco Aviles the whole time. I think asking for 2 photographers really made a difference. One photographer took more portraits and the other took natural shots so we had a good variety to choose from.
          Snapfish: Share:Registration
          As for the rooms... This was our 2nd time at Barcelo Palace. Room size was very sufficient. There is a living area and the bathrooms are HUGE.

          #1735 michelle2011

          michelle2011
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,301 posts

            Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:54 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by elisha0607
            Thank you all. It was such a memorable time. I posted all of the pics to my snapfish account, try this link to see if you can view the album.
            We chose the 100 photo package with the 100 digital copies and 100 printed in album and 40min DVD. We had so much great footage that we upgraded to the 65min video and they thru in 90 mins of video. We chose 119 pics (it was SOOO hard to choose), we paid for 110 and they gave us 9 free- all 119 on CD and in album. The print quality was GORGEOUS. Very bright and so crisp and clear. When booking, i corresponded with Francisco Aviles the whole time. I think asking for 2 photographers really made a difference. One photographer took more portraits and the other took natural shots so we had a good variety to choose from.
            Snapfish: Share:Registration
            As for the rooms... This was our 2nd time at Barcelo Palace. Room size was very sufficient. There is a living area and the bathrooms are HUGE.
            OMG you looked gorgeous! The photos are wonderful thank you so much for sharing! That is the exact same package we were going to ask for. You have so many photos to capture every moment. Really lovely. Thanx

            #1736 elisha0607

            elisha0607
            • Newbie
            • 56 posts

              Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:43 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by michelle2011
              OMG you looked gorgeous! The photos are wonderful thank you so much for sharing! That is the exact same package we were going to ask for. You have so many photos to capture every moment. Really lovely. Thanx
              No problem. Wait until you see the print quality- you are really going to be pleased. The colors are amazing. you are going to be more than happy.
              I see you're getting married in June. Our first trip to Barcelo was March 09, and it was warm but WOW was it hot while there this time around. I knew June would be obviously warmer but it was like upper 90s the entire time and didn't rain once. It looked like it might have rained off shore- far out in the ocean but never made it to land. That being said, the raffia fans during the ceremony were a HUGE hit. And the beach location for the ceremony was pretty shady, esp for the guests sitting. And being right on the beach gave a nice breeze.

              #1737 jjflipt

              jjflipt
              • Newbie
              • 91 posts

                Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:40 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by artistique
                . We left the laptop out when we got there one day, and had a nice little note on it from HK suggesting that we use the in room safe. They are roomy and easy to use. DEFINITELY keep your passports in there!

                :)
                Did your lap top fit easily inside. I'm debating taking mine. We leave in 16 days.
                50 Adults, 17 kids + the bride and groom!

                #1738 diamondpooch

                diamondpooch
                • Member
                • 546 posts

                  Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:15 PM

                  For those of you already married, my FMIL just came back from Barcelo this month and had taken some pictures, and in one of the pictures, there were these "flag/wind sock" type things on the beach surrounding the wedding area one night. anyone know if these are always there or if someone brought them?


                  Also, she told me about the fire there that week! Someone flicked a cigarette off a public balcony onto a thatched roof and the whole thing blew up in flames!

                  #1739 Maegan606

                  Maegan606
                  • Newbie
                  • 115 posts

                    Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:24 PM

                    Oh my goodness!!
                    ~Maegan

                    #1740 Maegan606

                    Maegan606
                    • Newbie
                    • 115 posts

                      Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:26 PM

                      On a side note, 10 days till we leave for Mexico, 17 days till I marry my best friend =) We have 59 guests =)
                      ~Maegan




                      2 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter