I think my hairdresser used a whole bottle on my head! LOL But I loved how it turned out. They are real pros.

As for the makeup... keep in mind subtle does not show in pictures so that's why they make it heavier than you normally would wear. I certainly did not look like $2 hooker, but to each their own!

I'm glad everyone is agreeing the hair comes out nice even if it is loaded with hairspray. I'm not bothered you can't see the hairspray, lol

I was thinking maybe having some false eyelashes put on just to give a more dramatic look on my eyes for the day but not to OTT, it just wouldn't be me (makeup wise anyway) :o)

svetayasofiya - I thought you looked lovely in your picture x

Despite what the receptionist tells you, they will not put on fake eyelashes.

and the eye makeup was terrible for me, not that it was too heavy, but that the eyeliner was no where near my lash line and she rimmed my entire eye with black liquid liner. I would recommend bringing your own makeup if you have an idea in mind or do it yourself. I wish I had practiced doing my own makeup, but I didn't because I thought they would do a better job. (Eli was the name of my makeup artist, I forget the name of the girl who redid it)

I agree with hair and makeup too. I had my hair done, took a photo of what I wanted, added some extensions (which they were nervous about at first) and it turned out amazing. I received lots of compliments, and I am normally very picky and can do my own updo's, but am happy I had them do it. Now as far as my makeup, I have a makeup artist bridesmaid and chose to give my makeup session (strawberry package) to another one of my bridesmaids who doesn't wear too much makeup and wanted help. Her makeup looked great. I did my own makeup and had my experienced bridesmaid remind me to add more, because I normally don't wear a lot, I needed that reminder for photos, and she helped all my touch ups. I also had three other bridesmaids get hair done and they all turned out really nice. My big suggestion is taking photos/pictures/magazine cut outs of both hair and makeup so they know what you want. It appeared they were well experienced and could do what we showed them.

Also, I am hoping to de-stress the email situation, and not be negative by any means, but the wedding coordinators really do not respond more actively until the last 4-8 weeks prior to your wedding. It is frustrating...but I have spoken to many Barcelo brides and it is what happens. I mention this because I notice brides that are getting married a year from now, and don't want you to stress that long :)

If you are able to, I suggest doing a site visit. My Husband and I went last July and were able to find a last minute deal ($600 each including airfare and barcelo tropical) from NYC and we were able to meet with our wedding coordinator then. We gave a tentative date for the wedding, chose location sites, looked at flower choices, preliminary dinner choices from 2009 (which did not change much, just the price and names of packages) music, and so forth. This site visit made me feel so much more relaxed. I felt like I had made a lot of decisions then, and truthfully, Victoria our WC remembered it all. Once we had our room booked, for the wedding, we had our dates set.

I realize it may not be possible, but it deal help with all the anxiety of questions and not hearing from them for periods of time.

Sorry, I have written a book, I just wanted to share :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amynjoe View Post
Despite what the receptionist tells you, they will not put on fake eyelashes.
and the eye makeup was terrible for me, not that it was too heavy, but that the eyeliner was no where near my lash line and she rimmed my entire eye with black liquid liner. I would recommend bringing your own makeup if you have an idea in mind or do it yourself. I wish I had practiced doing my own makeup, but I didn't because I thought they would do a better job. (Eli was the name of my makeup artist, I forget the name of the girl who redid it)
Well, I would just like to clear the air now, and state you looked beautiful. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by breens View Post
I agree with hair and makeup too. I had my hair done, took a photo of what I wanted, added some extensions (which they were nervous about at first) and it turned out amazing. I received lots of compliments, and I am normally very picky and can do my own updo's, but am happy I had them do it. Now as far as my makeup, I have a makeup artist bridesmaid and chose to give my makeup session (strawberry package) to another one of my bridesmaids who doesn't wear too much makeup and wanted help. Her makeup looked great. I did my own makeup and had my experienced bridesmaid remind me to add more, because I normally don't wear a lot, I needed that reminder for photos, and she helped all my touch ups. I also had three other bridesmaids get hair done and they all turned out really nice. My big suggestion is taking photos/pictures/magazine cut outs of both hair and makeup so they know what you want. It appeared they were well experienced and could do what we showed them.

Also, I am hoping to de-stress the email situation, and not be negative by any means, but the wedding coordinators really do not respond more actively until the last 4-8 weeks prior to your wedding. It is frustrating...but I have spoken to many Barcelo brides and it is what happens. I mention this because I notice brides that are getting married a year from now, and don't want you to stress that long :)

If you are able to, I suggest doing a site visit. My Husband and I went last July and were able to find a last minute deal ($600 each including airfare and barcelo tropical) from NYC and we were able to meet with our wedding coordinator then. We gave a tentative date for the wedding, chose location sites, looked at flower choices, preliminary dinner choices from 2009 (which did not change much, just the price and names of packages) music, and so forth. This site visit made me feel so much more relaxed. I felt like I had made a lot of decisions then, and truthfully, Victoria our WC remembered it all. Once we had our room booked, for the wedding, we had our dates set.

I realize it may not be possible, but it deal help with all the anxiety of questions and not hearing from them for periods of time.

Sorry, I have written a book, I just wanted to share :)
Thanks for the info, I am going down to Mexico in June to do a site visit and take my engagement pics, I wonder if I can go to Barcelo (just for visit) and stay at another resort (me and my fiancé prefer Adults Only resort)? Did any of you went to mexico and visit other resorts during your stay?