Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4876 replies to this topic

#1261 beachbride17

beachbride17
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:58 PM

We were married at the Barcelo on January 28, 2010. We had no problem having our photographer from Claudia Rodriquez Photography take our photos. My Travel Agent booked a room for the photographer and his assistant for one night in the Tropical. It was the same price as the beach/caribe. We only booked them one night and I believe it was about $269.00 Cdn.
    I had double checked this with Claudia before hand and was told as long as they were a "guest" and booked for at least one night it would be no problem.
    They never did end up using the room, so the photographer gave the key back to us to give to our guests to use.
    Worked out great!!

#1262 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
    • Banned
    • 1,034 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:56 PM

Ok thanks girls!! at the same time...I am hesitating between the Barcelo and the Ocean Turquesa. Did someone looked at the OCEAN Turquesa?

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1263 michelle2011

michelle2011
      • 1,301 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:43 AM

Hi ladies

Can any of you help me......

On one of the emails Gabriela sent it said in the terms, you cant have a legal wedding on a Saturday, Sunday or Public holiday....

Victoria has put "on hold" our wedding date Sat 28th May 2011.

I've emailed her to say is it OK to have a legal ceremony on a Saturday and she hasn't answered my question she just replied "dont worry your wedding date is on hold"....

Has anyone, or is anyone having a legel ceremony at the Palace on a Saturday? It would put my mind at rest if you could help me!

Many thanks

#1264 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
        • Banned
        • 1,034 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:34 PM

One thing that bugs me about Barcelo is no one reply my emails...
          they have a 24h policy or at least send a reply so I know my email to sent and arrived safely in their inbox.

Bonnie

#1265 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
          • Banned
          • 1,034 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:39 PM

OK Michelle...Saturday is OK. I just got a reply from the OCEAN TURQUESA's WC (a reply within 24 hours! I am impressed!) meanwhile I sent 3 emails to the Barcelo..and no bounce back..no reply ...nothing...it is like talking to a wall.
            that is what she said:"Be advise that in order to get legally married in Mexico the couple and their four witnesses have to be in the country 4 working days.( Legal weddings on Sundays and Mexican Holidays are not available, due the administration of the city hall)"
            Therefore, Saturday is GOOD.

Bonnie

#1266 lharkins

lharkins
            • 23 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:09 PM

Is anyone working with Karen? That's my wedding planner for the Barcelo Maya Palace. It takes her a couple days to get back as well. It is so frustrating that it takes so long. I tried to call a few times and can't get a hold of anyone either.

#1267 michelle2011

michelle2011
              • 1,301 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:23 PM

Prettypigpig thank you! I didn't know if all hotels were different or it was just that the judges/ministers didn't work on a Saturday Mexico.

You have made me very happy :o)

#1268 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                • Banned
                • 1,034 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:51 PM

Michelle, I think Mexicans are pretty hard working people. LOL unlike the Frenchs and the Bahamians. I guess the city hall only closes on Sunday. I don't think it is a hotel policy, because so far I am getting the same info on the witness and the # days of stay before the wedding from both the Barcelo and the Ocean Turquesa.
                  You just have to check if that Saturday is a mexican holiday ( I don't think so).

Bonnie

#1269 michelle2011

michelle2011
                  • 1,301 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 05:32 PM

Thanks for the info. I just dont get why it said saturdays in the email sent. But i am very pleased we can get married on the Saturday. Sometimes their emails are a little vague! We are staying for 2weeks so the 4 day thing wont be a problem for us luckily!

#1270 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                    • Banned
                    • 1,034 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 06:52 PM

I am sure you still have plenty of time to sort this Saturday or no Saturday issue out!

Bonnie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter