Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4868 replies to this topic

#1041 CaraW

CaraW
  • 346 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:26 PM

Thanks so much bride2b10! It's always reassuring to hear good things about the resort from people who have been there.

Cara

#1042 yesther

yesther
    • 65 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:18 PM

Thank you everyone for all your pictures and informative posts! I'm just in the beginning stages of my wedding planning...I think I'm on the menu part. Has anyone decided? I still didn't get an answer as to whether some ppl can have meat while others have fish etc., so I hope it works out.

Also, since I can't have sparklers at my wedding, I decided to go for a funny pinata at the rehersal/welcome dinner. Have any of you ladies done this? Is it too cheesy? I was thinking about putting practical things in for the adults (gift cards) in addition to funny toys and candy for the little and big kids, lol.

I'm just wondering if it's something I can easily find when I get down there, or if I should start planning on ordering one here and taking it with. Thoughts? Ideas?

Oh! One last thing. I know a lot of the brides are having a DJ. I think I am going the ipod route. Has anyone done that and/or been to a wedding that had only the ipod?

#1043 yesther

yesther
      • 65 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:37 PM

I tried to run searches but couldn't find anything...does anyone have pics of the banquet room where the mint breeze receptions are held? I'm trying to debate whether it's worth it to up the package to the strawberry one.

#1044 bride2010

bride2010
        • 424 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:12 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by nisi1125
          Bride 2010, thank you for the pictures! I am going to be getting married on April 26th!
          OMG! I've been wondering when I'd find someone who'll be there the same time as us. It's too bad I won't be able to peek in on your wedding day...we're leaving on the 25th
          http://i817.photobuc....ogotest1-3.jpg
          26 Booked + Bride & Groom
          "Before the light I will rescue, and then we'll begin to start it all over again" ...pete murrayHappily married to my best friend...

#1045 bride2010

bride2010
          • 424 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:24 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by DDBentley15
            Does anyone have pics of hupas? I think that's what they're called...for the beach ceremony set-up. Do they have options to pic from when you get there or do we need to bring our own pics? Thanks!
            Hi,

Here are some pictures of the ones they have available. The prices range depending on what you pick and whether or not you want flowers. I believe the standard price is around $380 and up and they're willing to work with you to change it around so it's done the way you like it.

I do have other pictures somewhere as Victoria gave me a CD of pictures when I went down for my site visit, but I can't seem to find it! Grrr....No worries as I'm looking for it and will post as soon as I find it. Hope these help.

Click the image to open in full size.

"Before the light I will rescue, and then we'll begin to start it all over again" ...pete murrayHappily married to my best friend...

#1046 bride2010

bride2010
            • 424 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:32 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by yesther
              I tried to run searches but couldn't find anything...does anyone have pics of the banquet room where the mint breeze receptions are held? I'm trying to debate whether it's worth it to up the package to the strawberry one.
              Hi,

I've come across a lot of pictures of the banquet room set up, but I never really saved any of them, but I did manage to find this one picture. I have also attached a link to another bride's video she shared on another forum. It's quite a long video, but if you jump to 10:45 it captures their reception which was held at the chichen itza banquet room.

Caryl & Matt's Wedding Slideshow

#1047 MObride09

MObride09
              • 186 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:00 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by swong
                I got 2 replies from a woman name Erika from the call center US & Canada division. I emailed weddings@barcelomaya.com a week ago, is that the same email address you used for Gabriela?

Scarlett
                That is the email address from which my WC Victoria replies from. I've seen other addresses as weddings1@barcelomaya.com, weddings2@barcelomaya.com etc...but I don't know to which WC the numbers belong to exactly if that makes sense.

#1048 bride2b10

bride2b10
                • 320 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:09 PM

Bride2010,

If you could find the pictures that would be great!! I saw a few but my WC didn't give me anything.

Thanks so much!
                  http://tickers.Ticke....6cca/event.png

21 Booked + Bride & Groom!!!

#1049 DDBentley15

DDBentley15
                  • 57 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:10 AM

Thanks for the hupa pics Bride2010!

#1050 Christabella

Christabella
                    • 29 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:05 PM

Bride2010,

Did she include any pictures of flower options on the CD she gave you? I seem to be obsessed with flower ideas lately :)
                      I noticed you are getting married the day before me! Don't be suprised if you see someone trying to sneek a peek at your wedding!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter