Photo

Just married at GRAN PORTO REAL!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Princess402

Princess402
  • 737 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:07 PM

You look amazing, and it is exciting to hear from a bride who got married at the Gran!

I must say, I was SERIOUSLY considering the Gran when I first started looking for wedding locations but was horrified by all of the overbooking reports on trip advisor. Did you or your guests have any problems with this?

#22 Kriswim

Kriswim
    • 186 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:53 PM

HI!
      OMG! I can't wait to read your review! I need to hear all about it since I am getting married there Next May! How was Micaela? Did you book your rooms through ALex? Who should I talk to about reserving them? I am just having the reception there (the ceremony will be at the Royal). What helpful hints do i need to know! I feel so nervous about the whole thing!
      Glad everything worked out for you. Oh, how was the weather?
      **Shannon** 40 people BOOKED! (but only 23 made it b/c of the Swine flu Pandemic )

http://i300.photobuc....Wedding352.jpg
      My Wedding Review: http://bestdestinati....-w-pics-43618/

#23 aeroo

aeroo
      • 153 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:40 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Princess402
        You look amazing, and it is exciting to hear from a bride who got married at the Gran!

I must say, I was SERIOUSLY considering the Gran when I first started looking for wedding locations but was horrified by all of the overbooking reports on trip advisor. Did you or your guests have any problems with this?
        I was really worried about this as well, but I was really set on the location of the Gran so I pretty much just crossed my fingers. Luckily we didn't have any issues with any of our guests. The only little thing was that some of my guests were overbooked, but got upgraded to a better room for the first night, then had to change rooms the next day to the one they originally paid for. Not a huge problem though.

#24 cancunbride

cancunbride
        • 531 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:44 PM

wow you look stunning, I cant wait to see the rest of your pics.

#25 aeroo

aeroo
          • 153 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:48 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Kriswim
            HI!
            OMG! I can't wait to read your review! I need to hear all about it since I am getting married there Next May! How was Micaela? Did you book your rooms through ALex? Who should I talk to about reserving them? I am just having the reception there (the ceremony will be at the Royal). What helpful hints do i need to know! I feel so nervous about the whole thing!
            Glad everything worked out for you. Oh, how was the weather?
            Micaela was really nice and great to work with. We met with her the day before the wedding to get everything settled and then I saw her once during the wedding and didn't really see her again after that. No problem though. We just reserved our rooms online through their website and had no problems. Although the weather forecast called for isolated thunderstorms the whole week, it did not affect us in PDC at all, so I was pretty happy about that. I'm almost done my review so will be posting it this week hopefully! Let me know if you have any other questions!!

#26 Kriswim

Kriswim
            • 186 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:45 PM

I have read a lot about the over booking...it scares me but as long as they take care of you right away - i'm sure it will be fine. That's good to know about the weather! Its a concern for me too! Did you get a discount on the rooms? I will want to reserve about 25!
              **Shannon** 40 people BOOKED! (but only 23 made it b/c of the Swine flu Pandemic )

#27 aeroo

aeroo
              • 153 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:26 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Kriswim
                I have read a lot about the over booking...it scares me but as long as they take care of you right away - i'm sure it will be fine. That's good to know about the weather! Its a concern for me too! Did you get a discount on the rooms? I will want to reserve about 25!
                You can get a group discount with a minimum of 10 people I believe. You can either get the discount through a travel agent or through the hotel directly. The hotel reservation people can take awhile to get back to you though.

#28 Kriswim

Kriswim
                • 186 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:02 AM

Ok thanks...I have to call today! I am working on the STD's and that's a key componet...people keep asking me about booking. Do you know how far in advance you were able to book the rooms?

#29 svisconte

svisconte
                  • 136 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:06 AM

Congrats, everything looks beautiful. cant wait to see more pics
                    :

#30 caroline

caroline
                    • 697 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:11 AM

What a beautiful set-up! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Congratulations! You looked beautiful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter