Photo

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
3348 replies to this topic

#681 erinnjosh

erinnjosh
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:19 PM

If you cancel within a certain amount of time she gives most of the deposit back. Just ask her the details =)

P.S. have any of you started thinking about the ceremony part?? what do they do? what are you adding?? I don't want it to be a long ceremony, but i mean if they're flying to Mexico I want it to last more than 5 minutes!! tips??

erin

#682 Dez921714

Dez921714
    • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:58 PM

We are having their judge or whatever do the legal thing...and I added a non-denominational minister I think. We're also adding a sand ceremony and maybe a hand ceremony if it isn't too much...We're also having VERY close family friends read a clip from Dr. Suses "The Places We Will Go". We're hoping everything takes at least 15-30 minutes....
      http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#683 SharlaScott

SharlaScott
      • 74 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:49 PM

We did the non-religious ceremony with a sand ceremony and it took about 25 minutes. They have alot of Mexican traditional paragraphs that they read. It's really sweet. I didn't plan anything before the wedding, I just knew that all I had to memorize was I DO! :)
        Sharla & Scott

#684 KBMD12309

KBMD12309
        • 106 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:53 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by SharlaScott
          We did the non-religious ceremony with a sand ceremony and it took about 25 minutes. They have alot of Mexican traditional paragraphs that they read. It's really sweet. I didn't plan anything before the wedding, I just knew that all I had to memorize was I DO! :)
          Sharla, Did you have your minister guy say the san ceremony or did you guys say it yourselves? I want the guy to say it but they told me they wont. I know we've all discussed this before but i just wanted to know what you had :)
          Thanks. Also, did you have a lot of time b/w your ceremony and your cocktail hour? Is that when they typically take pictures?

#685 HaleGrifa

HaleGrifa
          • 179 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:47 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ntanzob
            Just received an update on Moon Palace Grand - 300 Presidentials and 700 Jacuzzi - so I was wrong :o) They have some rooms open now and the rest along with the lobby will be open in late 2008.
            Hello Hopeful Grand Moon Brides

Our hope is to book all of our guests on the new Grand Moon side of the resort. We have requested this through our Travel Advisor with CAA.

Does anyone have experience with this?

#686 mexico2009

mexico2009
            • 22 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:24 PM

Does anyone know if you can do your private reception set up on the beach?

Thanks!!

#687 Dez921714

Dez921714
              • 1,489 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:27 PM

yep..you can...I know when I was asking about a coctail reception they told me it could be set up on the beach, but it'd be an extra $10 per person
                http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

#688 mtomas5555

mtomas5555
                • 156 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:02 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by KBMD12309
                  Sharla, Did you have your minister guy say the san ceremony or did you guys say it yourselves? I want the guy to say it but they told me they wont. I know we've all discussed this before but i just wanted to know what you had :)
                  Thanks. Also, did you have a lot of time b/w your ceremony and your cocktail hour? Is that when they typically take pictures?
                  My wedding coordinator, Nancy said that the JOTP could say the sand ceremony saying, so I am confused too because Maribel told me he couldnt. I will have to double check with her again.

#689 lor

lor
                  • 38 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:33 PM

What is the sand ceremony and the hand?? they charge you for it?

#690 Dez921714

Dez921714
                    • 1,489 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:48 PM

the sand ceremony is similar to a unity candle. They don't charge you for it, you only have to buy your sand vases and stuff. If you do a search, you'll find threads about it.

The hand ceremony I heard about on this site.
                      Here's a link to the one I'm using. Read it, and again, I'm sitting here crying!
                      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t19895

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter