Photo

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
3348 replies to this topic

#2481 FutureMsMoulton

FutureMsMoulton
  • 762 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:20 PM

Is everyone doing a private function? We were just thinking about bar hopping around the resort and near the afternoon buffets (noon wedding) since it has awesome shishkabobs and variety meals there and then we don't have the extra costs. I was just seeing what others are doing-- its what the bride who got married there last year did and it seemed to work out well.

#2482 FutureMsMoulton

FutureMsMoulton
    • 762 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:24 PM

TinaM2B--
      Check Kohls for the Linen Pants- My stepdad isn't super tall, but tall enough and he just got white linen pants there for our wedding!

#2483 lizlett3

lizlett3
      • 39 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:08 PM

Is anyone hiring a decorating company for center pieces if you are not traveling with them? I have seen a few brides post that have used an outside company. I just wonder if you dont have a company decorate what the resort has as far as candles. I am a total candle person and cant imaging not having them on all the tables. I also cant see traveling with them.

A question to brides who have had showers. Did any of the guests feel like you were asking too much. I am hesitant to have a shower though we could really use some housewear things badly.

#2484 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
        • 445 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:10 PM

Thanks FutureMSMoulton! We have a Kohl's less than a mile from our house. I will text the guys to go there today.

We are doing a private function. We have 7 guests coming in from outside Moon Palace the day of the wedding and they would have to leave immediately after the wedding if we didn't arrange the event. Our event is free though. We had enough room nights for a private event from 5-10.

#2485 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
          • 445 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:15 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by lizlett3
            Is anyone hiring a decorating company for center pieces if you are not traveling with them? I have seen a few brides post that have used an outside company. I just wonder if you dont have a company decorate what the resort has as far as candles. I am a total candle person and cant imaging not having them on all the tables. I also cant see traveling with them.

A question to brides who have had showers. Did any of the guests feel like you were asking too much. I am hesitant to have a shower though we could really use some housewear things badly.
            Hi Lizlett! There are Walmart's, Sam's and Costco's in Cancun. Maybe you could purchase some there if you can't find what you want with the decorating companies.

As far as showers go, we were not going to register for much but we keep getting asked about it, I finally did. I went all out with it but made sure that I checked we would accept gift cards and I made sure the item prices ranged from about $15 to $150 so people could chose what they wanted to spend. I also registered for Honeymoonwishes.com doing the same.

#2486 FutureMsMoulton

FutureMsMoulton
            • 762 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:44 PM

Tina-
              Thats interesting because the wedding that I attended there in Feb they had guests come from other hotels and they weren't told to leave that they had all day access (it seems CRAZY to make them pay $86 for 2 hrs max at the resort!!) I better look into this-- Thanks for the heads up.

#2487 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
              • 445 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:16 PM

Sevreral of us confirmed this information a couple months ago. There are several pages of discussion on this thread about it. What several of us were told was that the guests are allowed in one hour before hand and have to leave after the last event.

I don't know if this is a new thing but the first discussion I saw about it was when we were talking about it. It shocked several of us.

#2488 nibsmom

nibsmom
                • 564 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:37 PM

Tina, those pictures are FRICKIN AWESOME. That looks like SOO much fun!!! You look so happy!!

I am doing a private dinner. We'll do two hours of dinner, then two hours of dancing. We probably won't do any decorations, but I was thinking of asking about the costs of votive candles and maybe doing some colored linens. Hey, if I'm going to blow my budget....

I know that the rose petals are 40 dollars a bag - does anyone know how big the bag is? Has anyone traveled with freeze dried rose petals? Are they a problem at customs??

#2489 nibsmom

nibsmom
                  • 564 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:45 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lizlett3

I was going to ask about votive candles...I'll let you know!

I didn't want to have a shower because I felt like it was asking too much, but Matt's family threw me one....LOL...I didn't have a choice! I think people really liked it, and it gave people who weren't coming to MP a chance to do something nice.

#2490 liz1717

liz1717
                    • 113 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:19 PM

I'm getting some tall square hurricane vases with votive candles in them and they cost $6 each. I'm just going to do a long table with three rose arrangments and a few candles around them. I saw pictures on here somewhere and it looked really pretty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter