Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

For the brides who are getting married at MP soon...

My review is on page 81 of this thread under mtomas5555 and you can access my wedding pics that were taken by the resort photographer by clicking on the link listed on page 83 of this thread.

Good luck to you all!!

If you have any questions, let me know. I was married in August 2008.

Happy Planning!

Melissa

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMsMoulton View Post
Can anyone please tell me if they find a rate for below $466 per couple in a room and how you got them to negotiate the better rate. I would really appreciate it!!
My TA also got me better rates but we signed our contracts late 2008. Our room rates are $380 for two people. You can find my TAs information on our website in my siggy. She is local for us but she really has helped us a lot because she also helps out a lot with destination wedding suggestions and acts as the middle person on many issues that I was glad she could help with.

Another note (like Tammy stated a page ago) - If I am not mistaken, I got these rates directly from Moon Palace and my TA that I had started working with in the interim was able to honor them.

Quote:
but if anyone has photos or a link from a beach wedding there I would greatly appreciate it!
This is my favorite beach wedding review from Moon Palace. It still makes me cry when I look at her slide show.

12.29.07 Wedding ~ Moon Palace.....

Ladies..... We are leaving in 25 days!! Wow!

OMG! Tina I can't believe you are leaving sooo soon! Saturday will be T minus 1 month for me!! I'm freaking out a little bit!

I was talking with my WC about our reception - she thinks we should do it indoors because of the temperature, but we're also reserving an outdoor space. I was hoping we could do it outdoors because then we wouldn't need to bring/buy decorations...sigh. What are you going to do if you have to move indoors??

Hi Ladies,

Iâ€ve been MIA – closed on my house last week in Minneapolis finally. What a relief to only have one mortgage now.

FutureMsMoulton - The bar with the swings is so cool but dangerous. Can't have too many cocktails while sitting on the swings:)

Jodimichelle - I think the important thing is that all your guests are on the same side. We all stayed on the Nizuc side and even then it was a haul from our room to some of our guests' rooms.

Tina- Regarding laundry... they do have services but I believe they send it off site. One other thing to note that I learned while I was there was that all the water on the resort is filtered and drink-able (including tap water).

Fabi – A catamaran is type of boat that has two hulls and usually has a flat area (no seats) and has sails. Iâ€ve been on two in my travels and rum punch always tastes better on catamarans than on land. Not sure why.

Nibsmom – Go with an outdoor reception if that is what you really want. There is a generous breeze off the sea that helps with the heat… plus it cools off a little after the sun sets. I really loved our outdoor reception as it just added that extra destination wedding feel… something unique that guests will remember.

Camie

Hi everyone! My wedding is coming up August 1st and just wanted to share that MP has assigned my wedding coordinator (she contacted me at the end of July) her name is Lily Sanchez and shes been awesome!

Her turnoaround time on the lasty couple of emails has been less than 24hrs!

it makes me feel confident that each bride isn't just another number!

Only bad news is that it seems that all the terraces are booked for recptiions that night. She only offered me the terrace/space by the infinity pool. It has it's own bar/palapa but i would've preferred it closer to the ocean. So for now we're going ahead with the "Mars" ballroom, she says its on the Sunrise side and has just enough space for 3 round tables and a dance floor. We're only 25 people total...

So no ocean breezes during my 1st dance but i guess i'll have AC !

Oh and i was confirmed for a 6pm reservation at Arrecife (sp?) for my rehearsal dinner. That's the restaurant that everybody seems to like the best for group dining...

WOW crunch time!

Quote:
Hi Jodimichelle-
I was there for a wedding and the bride choose Nizuc side because she thought it was the prettier one of the two and its the side with all the gazebos for the weddings on it. The resorts it quite big but not so big that it really matters what side you stay on you'll get to see and play on both. We are looking forward to going to the bar with the swings on the Sunrise side this time!

Hope your planning is going well!!
Thanks.. My TA is asking me where I would want my guests and since I havent been there I have NOO idea~!

ill flip a coin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey View Post
I am wondering if any other June brides at Moon Palace have discovered that many of the included tours that were promised as part of the Palace Passport are no longer being offered. Apparently, due to the very low occupancy rate at Palace Resorts, they have decided to drop many of the free tours, without letting booked guests know. My guests are being offered the same tours at a chargeable rate which seems really unfair to me. Bait and switch is the name of the game and it is causing a great deal of dissatisfaction since the room rate at Moon Palace is the highest in the whole Cancun area.
Hi.. Wait what r they changing w/o letting us know?? Tours r not included...WHAT.. that can't be. They should notify all of us that booked their wedding there. I mean mine is next year..but I think it is rid. if they changed it and didn't notify me.

Frustrateddd