Photo

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
3348 replies to this topic

#191 ntanzob

ntanzob
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:20 AM

I have been to Cancun 3 times in July. Heat, no worries.....June, July, August, rain....maybe. I am having my ceremony at 5pm....most of the heat and rain have passed by then. If it rains, though, all weddings have an immediate inside backup.

We are not having a reception outside - Pookie can probably tell you more about that.

Here is our timeline....

Ceremony 5-5:30 - Chapel Gazebo
    Pictures 5:30 -6:00
    Cocktail 5:30 - 7:00 - Chapel Garden
    Dinner 7:30 - ?? Barracuda (Steak house)
    After?? probably go to main lobby bar and then disco - if we are not smashed by then :o)

the restaurants available for parties of greater than 10 are:

Nizuc Side
    El Manglar (this is buffet though)
    Arrecifes (buffet)
    Palapa Delfines (buffet) no more than 25 pax
    Palapa Pelicanos (Buffet) no more than 25 pax

Sunrise
    La Gondola (buffet) but have seen wedding parties there before
    Bugambilias (buffet)
    Palapa Fragata (buffet)
    Palapa Barracuda

Based on this information - the only restaurant that served greater than 10 people for the included dinner were buffet except for the Barracuda. I could not see getting up in a wedding gown and serving myself (at least not in a public forum). If you do not mind doing this, your options are wide open. Also, if you are having the dinner on a different time - your options are open.

If you are having a private function $400 for table of 10 - then you do not have anything to worry about.

DJ Packages vary from $204 - and up

What else would you like to know :o)

#192 Blkatz

Blkatz
    • 1,025 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:54 AM

you are so great! So-the private function $400-what does this include? We are having 25-30. Also-the DJ what is the deal with that? We are thinking about getting married in May.
      I keep hearing about the different sides of the resort-which is better?

#193 ntanzob

ntanzob
      • 92 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:11 PM

I just pulled out my paperwork -

Private dinner function:

$400 per table of 10
        includes standard white decor - (tablecloth, folding chairs, and napkins)
        includes function space, menu, 2 hours open bar
        buffet and plated dinner require a min of 20 people (So minimum of $800)
        plated indoor only
        additional hours of service $60 per table

They also say that private functions have to be reserved at least 60 days prior.

Other fees apply to any centerpeice, flower, audiovisual, DJ, live music, special, decor, etc.

The DJ paperwork I received -goes basic, sound system only and your music $204 all the way to DJ and sound system and lighting for 4 hours $1,050 - it looks like they all include set-up and take down.

As far as the cocktail party goes - it is $400 10-20 people $600 21 - 30 people and goes up $200 increments from there. 1 hour cocktails including appetizers and additional hours are 50% off of 1st hour.

#194 ntanzob

ntanzob
        • 92 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:15 PM

Also, most members if not all are put on the Sunrise side. The big pool is on the Sunrise side as well along with salon. The sunrise side also has a lot of fun activites. The last time I was there they had moved the big Spa to the golf course - the Spa is gorgeous! As far as preference, I like the Sunrise side better, but everyone has their own preferences.

#195 Blkatz

Blkatz
          • 1,025 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:29 PM

thank you for your info! This helps me-I emailed them yesterday and they haven't gotten back to me yet

#196 Dez921714

Dez921714
            • 1,489 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:33 PM

I need to pick an outdoor location to do my coctail hour...anyone have any suggestions? They sent me photos of all the places, but I can't choose, and I have no idea how close they are to the beach (I don't want it ON the beach)
              http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#197 mtomas5555

mtomas5555
              • 156 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:10 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ntanzob
                Also, most members if not all are put on the Sunrise side. The big pool is on the Sunrise side as well along with salon. The sunrise side also has a lot of fun activites. The last time I was there they had moved the big Spa to the golf course - the Spa is gorgeous! As far as preference, I like the Sunrise side better, but everyone has their own preferences.
                ntanzob,
                Thank you so much for all of the info!
                They are trying to place me and all of my guests on the Nizuc side.
                Is this side nice too? Is the chapel gazebo on this side? Is it pretty?

Thanks,
                Melissa

#198 ntanzob

ntanzob
                • 92 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:18 PM

Melissa,

I have been to numerous places in my life - and I will tell you Cancun and Moon Palace is one of my favorite places in the whole wide world. Moon Palace is top of the line - both Sunrise and Nizuc. Sunrise, in my opinion, is more of the party side. But...both sides are magnificent.

The Chapel Gazebo and Chapel Garden are on the Nizuc side. All the gazebo's (3) are on the Nizuc side. None are on the beach, but you can see the beach from all. I have just recently received pictures of the Chapel Garden area and I am completely thrilled that is where mine will be. I will figure out how to put those pictures in here on a message.

I have to run and will be back shortly.

Nicole

#199 mtomas5555

mtomas5555
                  • 156 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:19 PM

My wedding is August 11th. Should I worry about the heat or most importantly, should I worry about hurricanes?

Thanks,
                    Melissa

#200 mtomas5555

mtomas5555
                    • 156 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:21 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ntanzob
                      Melissa,

I have been to numerous places in my life - and I will tell you Cancun and Moon Palace is one of my favorite places in the whole wide world. Moon Palace is top of the line - both Sunrise and Nizuc. Sunrise, in my opinion, is more of the party side. But...both sides are magnificent.

The Chapel Gazebo and Chapel Garden are on the Nizuc side. All the gazebo's (3) are on the Nizuc side. None are on the beach, but you can see the beach from all. I have just recently received pictures of the Chapel Garden area and I am completely thrilled that is where mine will be. I will figure out how to put those pictures in here on a message.

I have to run and will be back shortly.

Nicole

Nicole,
                      You are the best!! THANK YOU!

-Melissa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter