Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
3348 replies to this topic

#1221 ErikDaGenErik

ErikDaGenErik
  • Jr. Member
  • 315 posts

    Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:38 PM

    good afternoon fellow MP brides. I just posted a post (with pictures!) of my TTD dress. Check it out here: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t32275

    Let me know what you think!

    #1222 DWandMJ

    DWandMJ
    • Jr. Member
    • 274 posts

      Posted 16 November 2008 - 11:13 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by momslehcar
      Are there any Moon Palace brides getting married the last week in March 2009?

      Does anyone know if it's always windy in Cancun or is that just a certain time of year? I've also read about mosquitos at night from one post...
      Any help on this topic would be appreciated! We've never been to Cancun and I'm trying to be prepared...
      Our ceremony is on April 2, however we will be arriving Sunday, March 29th (right in between college spring break and grade school easter break)
      I haven't been to Cancun either, however a number of my co-workers and family members have. A co-worker of mine actually said March/April is one of the best times of year to go. Its the tail end of "high season" so the resort isn't packed to full capacity, but the weather hasn't gotten hot hot or super humid either... It can get a little cool at night but its comfortable weather.
      Good question about the mosquitos, if anyone knows...

      #1223 nibsmom

      nibsmom
      • Member
      • 564 posts

        Posted 17 November 2008 - 02:57 PM

        I've been wondering how many people the horse and carriage carries too...my parents aren't coming so I was thinking of walking down the aisle with all 4 of my ladies! Or maybe I'll just do FH and I...I dunno.

        I've heard the mosquitos are bad, no matter what time of year it is...although I would imagine the hotter it is, the worse they get. That seems to be a general rule for mosquitos I think...but I might be wrong. I was planning on putting insect repellent in my OOT bags. I remember when I went to a wedding in Jamaica, FH and I were the only two who brought it and ended up sharing with everyone.

        I have no idea about wind though...that would be good to know!

        #1224 momslehcar

        momslehcar
        • Newbie
        • 22 posts

          Posted 17 November 2008 - 10:30 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by DWandMJ
          Our ceremony is on April 2, however we will be arriving Sunday, March 29th (right in between college spring break and grade school easter break)
          I haven't been to Cancun either, however a number of my co-workers and family members have. A co-worker of mine actually said March/April is one of the best times of year to go. Its the tail end of "high season" so the resort isn't packed to full capacity, but the weather hasn't gotten hot hot or super humid either... It can get a little cool at night but its comfortable weather.
          Good question about the mosquitos, if anyone knows...
          We're going to miss you by only a day. We're arriving at the MP on Tues. Mar 24. The ceremony is on Friday Mar. 27 and we'll be flying out again on the 28th.
          Thanks for the weather info, sounds like it'll be one less thing to worry about. Sounds like we should be bringing mosquito repellent! It can't be any worse than here, we live in Wisconsin.

          #1225 SunnyBride

          SunnyBride
          • Newbie
          • 30 posts

            Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:24 AM

            Hi Ladies,

            We were just at a wedding on the weekend that had a great slideshow, and were thinking about incorporating something like that into our wedding...does anyone have details about whether Moon Palace has the equipment for that sort of thing? I'm thinking that we would need to be in a indoor private function location and it would need to have a projector screen and a computer hook-up. I know they'd have speakers for music to go with it...

            #1226 HaleGrifa

            HaleGrifa
            • Jr. Member
            • 179 posts

              Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:43 AM

              [QUOTE=amduran;601888]
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by SunnyBride
              What is the lounge set-up? Do you have any pictures of it? Have you heard how much it costs? I'm still trying to decide where we should have our reception afterwards.

              For anyone who is booking the horse and carriage for your way to the wedding, do you know if the bridesmaids just meet you at the end of the aisle then? I had always thought that I'd be going to the gazebo with my girls, but obviously we can't all fit in that carriage! Would they have a golf cart for transportation or anything, or would they just walk? I'd like there to be something kind of special for them as well.
              QUOTE]

              The lounge set up is through DECO Cancun. I've attached some pictures that I got from Aldo Ameneyro <aldo@decocancun.com>. I suggest you try to negotiate a better price from. I ended up paying a lot less than I was quoted. I gave them my budget and told them what I wanted and it turned out to be a much better deal than when I got the first quote for individual pieces.

              Someone was asking about the wedding set up... I also wanted to get married on the beach initially, but when I saw all the seaweed in the beach, I quickly changed my mind. I don't know what it is about the beach where the Moon sits, but it is constantly full of seaweed. I did my site visit back in May and my wedding was 2 weeks ago, and the problem was pretty much the same both times I was there. They do a really good job TRYING to clean it, it in about an hour, it is full of seaweed again. I was at the Moon 6 days and only saw 1 beach wedding the whole time I was there. The beach a few miles south at the Iberostar Grand (where we spent our honeymoon) was so much nicer. It barely had any seaweed.

              I would recommend for those of you that want a beach wedding to reserve a gazebo any way. My WC knew that I wanted a beach wedding and told me that she was going to assign me the Tucan gazebo (which I loved!) and then we could decide (when we arrived) if we wanted to change from the gazebo to the beach. You are better off having a gazabo secured in case you absolutely hate what you see.

              Thanks so much for the review and attachments - a world of help!

              Truly, much appreciated!

              Laura

              #1227 amduran

              amduran
              • Newbie
              • 64 posts

                Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:56 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by nibsmom
                I've been wondering how many people the horse and carriage carries too...my parents aren't coming so I was thinking of walking down the aisle with all 4 of my ladies! Or maybe I'll just do FH and I...I dunno.

                I've heard the mosquitos are bad, no matter what time of year it is...although I would imagine the hotter it is, the worse they get. That seems to be a general rule for mosquitos I think...but I might be wrong. I was planning on putting insect repellent in my OOT bags. I remember when I went to a wedding in Jamaica, FH and I were the only two who brought it and ended up sharing with everyone.

                I have no idea about wind though...that would be good to know!
                I don't remember the mosquitoes were pretty bad 3 weeks ago despite us having temperatures of about 80-85 F. I can't remember them being such an issue back in May during my site visit, but I don't think I spend too much time out after the sun set. They are not an issue during daylight. That is why I told me guests during the reception that the reception was originally scheduled outdoors, they were relieved they were not outside.

                As far as the horse and carriage, it only will transport the bride and one additional person. I tried to convince them to allow be to ride with my mom and dad, but that didn't work.

                The way it worked out for me was that Nancy (WC) came to my room about 20 minutes before the ceremony. The horse and carriage was waiting for me outside my room. My father and myself got on the carriage and Nancy drive my bridemaids to the gazebo in a golf cart. The groom and groomsmen were already at gazebo with the rest of the guests. Once the bridesmaid got to the gazebo, Nancy lined up the bridesmaids and grooms men down the walk way. When I arrived with my dad, the processional started. I was basically standing behind the bridesmaids and groomsmen. When they got to the gazebo, they played the bridal entrance song and my dad and I walked in. That is why the Tucan gazebo is so great. The walkway is really long which makes everyone's entrance so much more dramatic. The photographer will also have a long walkway to work with.

                And as far as wind. It is always very windy around the Riviera Maya. My veil was flying all over the place in some instances, so I had to tuck a piece of it in my dress during some pictures.

                #1228 ErikDaGenErik

                ErikDaGenErik
                • Jr. Member
                • 315 posts

                  Posted 19 November 2008 - 03:52 AM

                  that's too bad! i really want my mom and dad in the horse carriage with me =( my mom will be sooo hurt if she can't ride with us.

                  #1229 ErikDaGenErik

                  ErikDaGenErik
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 315 posts

                    Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:32 AM

                    Just another update on my wedding planning... I decided to take BD pics for my FI =)

                    Read about it here: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t32434

                    Thanks!

                    #1230 SunnyBride

                    SunnyBride
                    • Newbie
                    • 30 posts

                      Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:46 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by amduran
                      I don't remember the mosquitoes were pretty bad 3 weeks ago despite us having temperatures of about 80-85 F. I can't remember them being such an issue back in May during my site visit, but I don't think I spend too much time out after the sun set. They are not an issue during daylight. That is why I told me guests during the reception that the reception was originally scheduled outdoors, they were relieved they were not outside.

                      As far as the horse and carriage, it only will transport the bride and one additional person. I tried to convince them to allow be to ride with my mom and dad, but that didn't work.

                      The way it worked out for me was that Nancy (WC) came to my room about 20 minutes before the ceremony. The horse and carriage was waiting for me outside my room. My father and myself got on the carriage and Nancy drive my bridemaids to the gazebo in a golf cart. The groom and groomsmen were already at gazebo with the rest of the guests. Once the bridesmaid got to the gazebo, Nancy lined up the bridesmaids and grooms men down the walk way. When I arrived with my dad, the processional started. I was basically standing behind the bridesmaids and groomsmen. When they got to the gazebo, they played the bridal entrance song and my dad and I walked in. That is why the Tucan gazebo is so great. The walkway is really long which makes everyone's entrance so much more dramatic. The photographer will also have a long walkway to work with.

                      And as far as wind. It is always very windy around the Riviera Maya. My veil was flying all over the place in some instances, so I had to tuck a piece of it in my dress during some pictures.

                      Thank you so much for posting all this info and getting back to our questions! It's really helpful. I'm also getting married at the Tucan gazebo, and plan to use their CD player instead of live music. The walkway is really long, which will be nice, but I'm wondering if you can even hear the music from the end of the walkway? I'm assuming that the CD player is up in the gazebo, so I know the guests should all be able to hear the music fine, but I'd like to also hear it when we're 'walking down the aisle'. Did you have any trouble with that?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







                      Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter