Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

I also did the 4-hr reception with the DJ (resort's DJ) and he was the one that determined when those first dance, cake cutting, etc things would happen.  I gave him the list of music and he dealt with fitting in those reception events into the dinner service.

We had the cocktail hour and with the Mariachi Trio play during that time. As I was paying for the DJ at the reception, I figured the Trio would give the cocktail hour a different vibe.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted by leigh2011 View Post

I also did the 4-hr reception with the DJ (resort's DJ) and he was the one that determined when those first dance, cake cutting, etc things would happen.  I gave him the list of music and he dealt with fitting in those reception events into the dinner service.

We had the cocktail hour and with the Mariachi Trio play during that time. As I was paying for the DJ at the reception, I figured the Trio would give the cocktail hour a different vibe.

Thank you leigh2011! Any thoughts on centerpieces? Did you go through the resort or did you bring your own?

Hey ladies! I had a question for all the brides who have already been married at the dreams resort.

Did you take your wedding dress as a carry-on with you on the plane?

Or did you pack it in your suitcase?

I'm concerned my dress is too big and heavy and won't be allowed as a carry-on.

What airline did you guys fly on? I'm flying on United.

Thanks!

Carry on , some airlines are really great and will let you hang them up with all the airline employees things, west jet was great , I have heard that some airlines dont really do much for you , but just take the whole over head on the air craft and you will be fine.

Originally Posted by Jencakes21 View Post

Thank you leigh2011! Any thoughts on centerpieces? Did you go through the resort or did you bring your own?

I had the gazebo decoration (4 corsages, 1 on each post) and had 4 tables at the reception.  So Claudia removed the corsages from the gazebo and put them on the tables as centerpieces while we were at the cocktail hour.  Using expensive flowers more than once!  If you click on my album for the wedding in my signature, you will see good pictures of the corsages on the gazebo and then see them on tables at the reception (in the background of pictures).

Originally Posted by Jencakes21 View Post

Hey ladies! I had a question for all the brides who have already been married at the dreams resort.

Did you take your wedding dress as a carry-on with you on the plane?

Or did you pack it in your suitcase?

I'm concerned my dress is too big and heavy and won't be allowed as a carry-on.

What airline did you guys fly on? I'm flying on United.

Thanks!

It has been so long that I have forgotten which airline!  But I am guessing it was Continental because we went through Houston.  They did nothing to help me with my dress when I carried it on.  So I just folded over my dress bag and put it on top of carry-on bags in the overhead.  I think the main thing is to make sure your dress is on top of any other baggage.  But your dress will be steamed by the resort to remove any wrinkles, so as long as your dress is placed on top of other things then it won't get damaged.  None of the airline staff (at check-in or at the gate) even looked at my dress twice.  I think as long as it fits into a standard wedding dress bag, then they likely won't care.

Can anyone give any advice on a small wedding of about 15 ppl?  I am mainly trying to figure out the DJ and lighted dancefloor....the cost and who to use. 

Also, about a sound system for a ceremony and if its necessary or just an ipod and docking station. 

Our wedding is in August and this has been so stressful and it seems super expensive. 

Any advice about anything at Dreams would be great!

Originally Posted by nursepierson View Post

Can anyone give any advice on a small wedding of about 15 ppl?  I am mainly trying to figure out the DJ and lighted dancefloor....the cost and who to use. 

Also, about a sound system for a ceremony and if its necessary or just an ipod and docking station. 

Our wedding is in August and this has been so stressful and it seems super expensive. 

Any advice about anything at Dreams would be great!

My wedding was 27 people, so I am not sure if you consider that to be comparably small.  I had the DJ and lighted dance floor and I would say about 15 of the 27 people were out dancing and I felt the money was well spent.  However, if I had 15 and I only felt that 7 or so would dance, then it might not have worth the money.  The light up dance floor is an extravagance that is not really needed.  If I had to choose between DJ or lighted dance floor, I would go with DJ.

I did have the sound system for the ceremony and I think it was helpful to make sure guests could hear the ceremony over the crashing waves.  One thing that I would consider trading out is the videographer - but that is because I would much rather look at still photos of myself than a video of myself (I embarrass myself on video cheesy.gif).  I think we have watched the DVD of our ceremony twice, and I couldn't even tell you where it is right now.

Hope that helps a bit....

That definitely helps.  How much was the DJ and lighted dancefloor? Almost everyone will be dancing so I think it will be a good bet.  I am hoping they let us tradeout some services because we don't need a videographer....I feel the same way you do. 

What package did you get?  Did you like it?