Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#6491 mrsgraham2012

mrsgraham2012
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

Here is the link she sent me for centerpieces

https://mail-attachm...US1veU&sadssc=1

#6492 kellykanester

kellykanester
    • 236 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

I would also like a copy of the centerpiece options please !

kelly.kanester@live.ca

I emailed claudia today to see if she will let us do a buffet with only 35 people, I want people to have the option of selecting their dinner, especially since the dinners are 48 dollars per person ..

Happily married and now Mrs. West

#6493 rykell

rykell
      • 170 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

Thank you 

#6494 beachwed2013

beachwed2013
        • 112 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by mrsgraham2012 

Here is the link she sent me for centerpieces

https://mail-attachm...US1veU&sadssc=1

Hola! Can you send it to cwilson2211@gmail.com. Thanks you! I cannot open this link.

#6495 CAliberti

CAliberti
          • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

Kelly,

Did you receive an answer about the buffet instead of a plated meal? I'm getting married at Dreams in less than 2 weeks and I think I may choose the buffet to save time.

Also,

I would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to post to this thread. I've been using many recommendations over the past year to help my wedding go smoothly. The detailed responses have been amazing! When I get back, I'll post as much info as I can.

One bit of news I would like to share, the resort is no longer allowing the Preferred Tower Terrace for receptions! There was a rule allowing the terrace if 70% or more of guests were staying in the tower. I recently received an email from Claudia stating I could not use the Terrace for my wedding (one month before!). Needless to say I was distraught! My mother-in-law (who is from NY and doesn't take no for an answer) called and talked to Claudia and the hotel manager. She explained to them that is no way to conduct business and to go back on their word was just bad business. That day I had the Terrace back! If something is promised, don't let them go back on their word. I believe the resort should honor all brides they promised the Terrace area.

Has anyone on here hired an outside photographer and if so, what were you compensated for not using the resort photographer?

#6496 kellykanester

kellykanester
            • 236 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

hi ! she said no problem, hope you are able to get it too !

this thread has been a total life saver for me too, your wedding is so close how exciting , i would love love love to see your pics when you are back and pick  your brain :)

Originally Posted by CAliberti 

Kelly,

Did you receive an answer about the buffet instead of a plated meal? I'm getting married at Dreams in less than 2 weeks and I think I may choose the buffet to save time.

Also,

I would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to post to this thread. I've been using many recommendations over the past year to help my wedding go smoothly. The detailed responses have been amazing! When I get back, I'll post as much info as I can.

One bit of news I would like to share, the resort is no longer allowing the Preferred Tower Terrace for receptions! There was a rule allowing the terrace if 70% or more of guests were staying in the tower. I recently received an email from Claudia stating I could not use the Terrace for my wedding (one month before!). Needless to say I was distraught! My mother-in-law (who is from NY and doesn't take no for an answer) called and talked to Claudia and the hotel manager. She explained to them that is no way to conduct business and to go back on their word was just bad business. That day I had the Terrace back! If something is promised, don't let them go back on their word. I believe the resort should honor all brides they promised the Terrace area.

Has anyone on here hired an outside photographer and if so, what were you compensated for not using the resort photographer?

Happily married and now Mrs. West

#6497 mrsgraham2012

mrsgraham2012
              • 15 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

Hi Brides, I am literally seven days away from my wedding at Dreams and would also like to send a heartfelt thank you to EVERYONE who has ever posted to this thread. You all provided amazing suggesting which assisted me in not becoming a complete BRIDEZILLA. My MOH thanks you too, LOL. With regard to your outside photographer question, I was given a discount on the sound system for the entire day as we are flying in our photographer. Originally I was working with Cecilia however she will now be on holiday during my wedding, good for her. I am now working with Claudia and she has been just a responsive and promises to honor every agreement made by and with Cecilia. I will post a review as soon as we return along with some pictures. Again thank you all!

#6498 leigh2011

leigh2011
                • 277 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by CAliberti 

I brought a photographer with me, so I traded out the photographer's services for gazebo decor (floral pieces on the 4 pillars and I requested the tall wooden sticks but not the draped tulle).  At first that doesn't seem like much of a trade, but I only had 4 guest tables for the reception and Claudia had those 4 gazebo floral pieces moved to the guest tables as centerpieces.  So that ended up saving me a good amount of money and the centerpieces really filled the center of the tables.  In my wedding album (in my signature) there is a good picture of one of the arrangements on the gazebo.

#6499 Alina8706

Alina8706
                  • 35 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

I have a question for the ladies that have been married here!! If you bring your own photographer is it possible to avoid the vendors fee? (if you pay for them to stay at the hotel)? Thanks ladies for all the support!

#6500 Thebride

Thebride
                    • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:26 PM

Hi Ladies,

I visit this forum every chance I get.  I wanted to tank all of you that take the time to post on here as its been extremely helpful.  I wanted to know if anyone has done their reception at the oceana or himitsu restaurant?  If so, please let me know as much as possible.  I am told it won't be private as the restaurant will be open to everyone, but they set up you party separately and no music.  I am afraid it may look tacky, but I may not have a choice!  Any thoughts?  Which one is the better restaurant, as far as location and menu.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter