Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#6301 jana297

jana297
  • 646 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

Oh I almost forgot to mention the DJ from the resort luis DeAlba...he was the best dj I have heard at a wedding by far. I was very impressed.

Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
    April 6, 2012

#6302 SarahDeBeir

SarahDeBeir
    • Site Supporter
    • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

Hello, 

I was wondering, for anyone who has been to the Dreams Cancun recently, how you found the pools and beach?  I heard from someone that the upkeep of the pool wasn't that greatest and the beach wasn't nice either.  Can anyone confirm?

Thanks
      Sarah

#6303 leigh2011

leigh2011
      • 277 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by SarahDeBeir 

Hello, 

I was wondering, for anyone who has been to the Dreams Cancun recently, how you found the pools and beach?  I heard from someone that the upkeep of the pool wasn't that greatest and the beach wasn't nice either.  Can anyone confirm?

Thanks
        Sarah

There are 2 pools at Dreams Cancun, a small one at the base of the Tower and a slightly larger one near the buffet restaurant.  The larger pool has the swim-up bar.  I would say there is nothing wrong with the upkeep of either pool.  Neither of these pools have the luxurious look of some newer resort pools though.  Also there are 2 separate beaches...Himitsu Beach and what I refer to as the Tower beach (though it likely has a better name).  Himitsu beach is not very deep but is very close to everything - and is protected by the rocky point with the light-house, so it has fewer waves (below is a picture of part of Himitsu beach). 

28 - main beach.JPG

The Tower beach is very very deep - there is a literal multi-minute walk from the steps down to the beach to the water's edge.  The chairs and thatched umbrellas for this beach are near the Tower (close to the building w/ bar), so they are distant from the water's edge.

22 - View of Tower beach.JPG

Here is a pic from the water's edge at Tower Beach (from our TTD session):

Tower Beach.png

Hope this helps.

Attached Files

#6304 SarahDeBeir

SarahDeBeir
        • Site Supporter
        • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

Thanks so much.  :)  So you had no complaints?  This was the resort I wanted/want but my TA sounded like it was kinda iffy. 

#6305 leigh2011

leigh2011
          • 277 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:29 AM

All of my guests really loved the resort.  Because of the amazing location of the resort, it is older than some of the other ones in the Riviera Maya.  So you will be trading the older resort (less luxurious pool, older buildings - though constantly updated) for a far more interesting property with great options for wedding photography.  In the end it is something only you can decide for you and your guests.  Best of luck deciding, as it is a big decision.  But remember that there really is no wrong choice - regardless of which resort you choose, you will be getting married in a beautiful location and your guests will have a great vacation.

Thanks so much.  :)  So you had no complaints?  This was the resort I wanted/want but my TA sounded like it was kinda iffy. 

#6306 jana297

jana297
            • 646 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

I agree with Leigh. You will not feel like you have made a mistake if you choose Dreams. Botton line is that they do an amazing job and seriously u can not get a better location for a wedding. None of the other resorts have a location like this for pictures and for a wedding. No way. Also if u are searching for a photographer you need to go with Juan Navarro he was hands down the best I have ever seen. I love his work.

Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
              April 6, 2012

#6307 beachwed2013

beachwed2013
              • 112 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

Hi does anyone have the spa list for prices/contact??

#6308 Josephine Katie

Josephine Katie
                • 21 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

http://www.dreamsres...ms-spa-menu.pdf When i was there we paid $200 for couples 1- hr massages & champagne, i think it was a special though.

#6309 Josephine Katie

Josephine Katie
                  • 21 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

anyone do the lounge decor ?

#6310 leigh2011

leigh2011
                    • 277 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:00 AM

In the time I have been on this site, I don't think I have seen any pictures from a bride using the lounge decor.  I also didn't see anyone use it while I was at the resort.

Originally Posted by Josephine Katie 

anyone do the lounge decor ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter