Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#5601 Sasha030412

Sasha030412
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:49 AM

Thanks!!! Did you put that in your invitation or did you just put the start time of your ceremony? 

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 

Most of us have selected the Dreams Ultimate Wedding Package and the cocktail hour (for 20 guests) is included in that price.  With the cocktail hour you get 4 different appetizer selections to go along with drinks.  Some brides select to trade out the cocktail hour for 10 more guests ("free") at the reception with the idea that it is an all-inclusive resort and guests can just go up to the bar and get drinks for themselves during that hour. 

#5602 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
    • Banned
    • 630 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:36 AM

I just looked through my stuff and I didn't mention a cocktail hour anywhere.  I guess the first my guests will see of that is on the itinerary in the OOT bag.

My invitation only mentioned a time for the ceremony.  (Although now I will be changing that - oh well - but the new time will be on the itinerary as well)

Originally Posted by Sasha030412 

Thanks!!! Did you put that in your invitation or did you just put the start time of your ceremony? 

#5603 Sasha030412

Sasha030412
      • 48 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:02 AM

True, that's a good idea. I didn't even think about the itinerary! what does OOT stand for?

What about an MC... do you know if that comes with the package?

I just looked through my stuff and I didn't mention a cocktail hour anywhere.  I guess the first my guests will see of that is on the itinerary in the OOT bag.

My invitation only mentioned a time for the ceremony.  (Although now I will be changing that - oh well - but the new time will be on the itinerary as well)

#5604 NurseM

NurseM
        • Site Supporter
        • 187 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:20 PM

This bride got married two days before me, I remember this on the terrace as it was the night of my rehearsal, that was actually just her cocktail hour on the terrace and then she had her reception on the beach. Claudia is pretty willing to set up anything you bring, they have a team that does it all like a "well oiled machine" lol. I can't see it being a problem for the cocktail hour. 

Will do!  I haven't heard back from my PM so I am guessing that isn't a good sign.  I can see them being more willing to hang the lanterns for a reception on the terrace since you will at least be there longer.  But if she is okay with doing it for your reception, then I can push it a bit further and ask about the cocktail hour.  Fingers crossed...

May 24, 2011 Dreams Cancun Bride & Groom + 35 booked and counting!

#5605 hairdos11

hairdos11
          • 27 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 03:17 PM

Questions: Satin or Organza, I can't decide!  I'm just having one long Table because I have about 15-20 guests coming.  I'm way behind in planning and need to order these linens so does anyone know the table length for a longer table or show I just order a table runner, maybe two to be on the safe side incase more guest come.  Any advice? I too want to do the laterns, how many do you think I should order.  I have seen pics of these on the beach around the dinner tables.. They look so good but I forgot where I have seen the pics.  I'm sure they put something in them to weigh them down.   Good looking decorations if you ask me!

#5606 nfriedenberg

nfriedenberg
            • 26 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:25 PM

Hello Ladies! Quick question, do you remember how much it was for the buffet? Was it one set price or do they still charge one set fee per extra person (after 20)? I am thinking I may ave about 43 guest.

#5607 LoveKiss

LoveKiss
              • 18 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:04 PM

I'm in March too, what's your date Sasha?

#5608 LoveKiss

LoveKiss
                • 18 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:30 PM

I was wondering who everyone has used to book group travel. Any recommendations of a good travel agency?

#5609 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
                  • Banned
                  • 630 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:48 PM

From what I understand, the same per person price applies for either the seated meal or the buffet meal. 

Originally Posted by nfriedenberg 

Hello Ladies! Quick question, do you remember how much it was for the buffet? Was it one set price or do they still charge one set fee per extra person (after 20)? I am thinking I may ave about 43 guest.

#5610 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
                    • Banned
                    • 630 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:51 PM

post against forum rules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter