Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

@ peterpanandpixiedust   I am so sorry to hear that Claudia did not include any extras. That is really to bad, I wonder why she was like that espicially on the flower petals. 

As for the ceremony script, I did not like the one Claudia sent me so I found the thread on here on ceremony scripts read through about 20 or so and made my own script, printed it off put it in a binder for our officiant. 

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is exactly what I was hoping to hear!  (I did the same thing with the thread on BDW)  Did you give the binder to Claudia at your meeting and/or did you mail it ahead of time?

Originally Posted by NurseM View Post

As for the ceremony script, I did not like the one Claudia sent me so I found the thread on here on ceremony scripts read through about 20 or so and made my own script, printed it off put it in a binder for our officiant. 

You sound just like me - a backup plan for the backup plan  :-)  Although I must say I was thinking of having my Dad carry the extra copy for the ceremony...but having the groom do it would be even more convenient.

I sent it to her in a PDF right before we left, and then I brought her a copy to give to the officiant ahead of time, and also my husband gave the officiant one before the ceremony began in case he forgot it. 

I definitely plan on taking pictures of the table setup, the flowers, and the cake I want.  Do you have any pictures of your cake?  I want to find a cake that I think Dreams can do well.  I don't want to get my heart set on a fancy looking cake that they can't reproduce.  Did you choose a cake before heading to Mexico or did Claudia have a book of options for you to look at?

oh I was more than prepared for anything :) hahaha and it all went exactly as planned. I also took pictures of how I wanted the tables to look and emailed Claudia the pictures 

Claudia gave me a list of cakes when I got there, I just picked a simple white frosted cake and then they put pretty pink flowers on it, and we had a bobblehead cake topper, I think in my review is a picture of it. I was not to worried about it besides I had some decorations for the cake table so that made it look really nice

Does anyone know who the photographer for the resort is?  Also if anyone is working with a travel agent from this site that got great deals for their guests please let me know.  My travel agent that I booked through comes back with higher prices then online.  I have 10 guests who all would like to book by the end of this month but are shopping around because are travel agent has higher prices than expedia, etc.  Kind of disappointing because you would think she could get a better deal with that many people booking at once but that's not the case at all.  

I'm not sure who the photographer for the resort is but I bet you could ask on their facebook page- not sure if you've checked that out or not but the Dreams concierge lady responds to questions very quickly on there and seems quite helpful. Have you asked your travel agent for a price match??

Originally Posted by hairdos11 View Post

Does anyone know who the photographer for the resort is?  Also if anyone is working with a travel agent from this site that got great deals for their guests please let me know.  My travel agent that I booked through comes back with higher prices then online.  I have 10 guests who all would like to book by the end of this month but are shopping around because are travel agent has higher prices than expedia, etc.  Kind of disappointing because you would think she could get a better deal with that many people booking at once but that's not the case at all.  

I hired some resort photographers at the end of my stay for a back up trash the dress (a storm invaded our original).  and Antonio did my pics.  There is also a Daniel, and two others that I met (one boy and one girl).  I must say, Antonio did a great job, even with all the scared talk of switching photographers.  I still love Juan tho. 

My highlight is up.  By Mike Cantarell of Cancunweddingvideos.com (he used to be, and still should be IMO Dreams' videographer).  Review will come... i promise, but no time as of now... Apartment move, 2 at home receptions, applying for jobs, work, blah blah blah

p.s.  for those of you who know the story, the elusive starfish makes his appearance on here, along with mine

lol

I'd love feedback

Originally Posted by Channing View Post

I'm not sure who the photographer for the resort is but I bet you could ask on their facebook page- not sure if you've checked that out or not but the Dreams concierge lady responds to questions very quickly on there and seems quite helpful. Have you asked your travel agent for a price match??