Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#5451 Micaela

Micaela
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:47 PM

Hi ladies,

I am a bride-to-be from Australia, however my partner is originally from Mexico - so that means a big wedding for us (around 120 guests). We are waiting to hear back re dates from the Dreams Cancun team. Just wondering if anyone else is planning a larger destination wedding at Dreams, would love any advice. And also does anyone know what the latest is that we can have our reception finish. As other resorts are saying 10pm, which is a little early for us.

Look forward to talking weddings with you all

Micaela

#5452 Soon2BMrsS

Soon2BMrsS
    • 71 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:51 AM

Super cute!  Thats what I am doing. You can look on etsy.com and find a few to use to go from.

#5453 lolanyr

lolanyr
      • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:58 AM

Hi everyone!

I am planning a January 2011 wedding at Dreams. We will have about 30 guests and they are all coming on different days for different lengths of time. I was wondering how you all handled helping your guests make reservations and how to get them the best possible rates (has anybody gotten a special 'group rate')? I am not sure if I want to use a travel agent or just have our guests book the rooms on their one. What do you guys recommend?

#5454 NurseM

NurseM
        • Site Supporter
        • 187 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:23 AM

Hi there,

We just had a may 2011 wedding, and we had 35 guests all of them came on different days and stayed different lengths of time, I can tell you by using a travel agent that saved me a ton of stress, got us extra deals and also got our guests great rates! Everything went so smooth that way. I used wright travel agency which is Tammy from this site, she is the creator of the site and she has a travel agency, if you look on this site you will find her contact info, then she will set you up with the best agent to handle your group. I had TA Theresa and I can not say enough good things about her, she was amazing!!!!!!

May 24, 2011 Dreams Cancun Bride & Groom + 35 booked and counting!

#5455 lolanyr

lolanyr
          • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:46 PM

Thanks so much!! This is very helpful!!

#5456 ammorris17

ammorris17
            • 161 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:01 AM

Hi girls! I'm getting so anxious. My wedding is in 2 weeks and Claudia won't respond to my emails! Basically I need help with ceremony music. I am totally clueless and would love any input from past brides. Thank you!

#5457 mishelae

mishelae
              • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:06 AM

I hear unless she has a wedding she is working on then she should be contacting you. Have you tried calling her? I will be using her next June and all I hear is good things. Hopefully she will contact you soon

#5458 ammorris17

ammorris17
                • 161 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:40 AM

All I have heard is amazing things too but I just want to make sure I come prepared with everything! Hopefully she will contact me too!

#5459 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
                  • Banned
                  • 630 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:17 AM

Hopefully a past bride can let you know exactly how many songs you need for the ceremony, but here are my thoughts based on what all brides are posting in different music threads (so not resort specific):

• have ~5 songs played while guests are being seated (so that will cover ~15 minutes before the ceremony gets started)
                    • have 1 song for the entrance of mothers, bridemaids, flower girl (etc.) - I only have 1 bridemaid so 1 song will be enough for me
                    • have 1 song for the bride's entrance (this song will likely not play through entirely)
                    • have 1 song for the recessional

Past brides:  does that sound about right?

ammorris17 - There are a few different threads on what brides have selected for their songs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ammorris17 

Hi girls! I'm getting so anxious. My wedding is in 2 weeks and Claudia won't respond to my emails! Basically I need help with ceremony music. I am totally clueless and would love any input from past brides. Thank you!

#5460 NurseM

NurseM
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 187 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:13 PM

Hey there, 

You are exactly right, 

I played 5 songs prior to the ceremony starting but my husband says that the last song, which was waiting on a woman played 3 times so you could easily do 6 songs prior to the ceremony. Then I played one song for my mothers and bridesmaid, then one for me and my dad. Then had our recessional song. Some brides have one if they are doing a sand ceremony its up to you. The video company will then use that cd of music for your video its perfect! Also make sure you make separate cd's for ceremony, reception etc. My sister did all the music and it was perfect the sound tech that works the sound system did it all perfect not a complaint. 

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 

Hopefully a past bride can let you know exactly how many songs you need for the ceremony, but here are my thoughts based on what all brides are posting in different music threads (so not resort specific):

• have ~5 songs played while guests are being seated (so that will cover ~15 minutes before the ceremony gets started)
                      • have 1 song for the entrance of mothers, bridemaids, flower girl (etc.) - I only have 1 bridemaid so 1 song will be enough for me
                      • have 1 song for the bride's entrance (this song will likely not play through entirely)
                      • have 1 song for the recessional

Past brides:  does that sound about right?

ammorris17 - There are a few different threads on what brides have selected for their songs.

Quote:

May 24, 2011 Dreams Cancun Bride & Groom + 35 booked and counting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter