Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#5031 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
  • Banned
  • 630 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:24 PM

Uggg - it deleted what I typed when I hit Submit.

Rachel - I have faith that the weather will be better than forecasted.  But I will keep my fingers crossed for you.  Saturday is just 2 days away - yeah!

#5032 NurseM

NurseM
    • Site Supporter
    • 187 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:11 PM

Sheena

Great review it was awesome, a couple of questions for you.....

1.) When did you ask claudia about the extra people trading for the cocktail hour and mexican trio???

2.) how much time did it take you to get your hair/makeup done?

3.) i read that there is only a sweetheart table but you had a head table is she ok with that?

Thanks!!

May 24, 2011 Dreams Cancun Bride & Groom + 35 booked and counting!

#5033 SheenaMcDonald

SheenaMcDonald
      • 171 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:12 PM

i think all reviews need to go under resorts and villas now because i got in trouble today trying to post my review in here and it wouldn't let me do it.  It sent me a notice!

#5034 SheenaMcDonald

SheenaMcDonald
        • 171 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:19 PM

1. I asked Claudia about the extra people as people kept booking.  Of course it took months to get response regarding that but I printed all of my emails and brought them with me in case she wasn't going to honor that.

2.  for the hair and makeup it took the girls a little over an hour for just their hair and for myself i think i was there for about 2 and a half hours for both hair and makeup.  I started at 9 and left at noon but she was doing another bridesmaid in between and stuff because she applied my makeup and then I took some time to apply my own eyeliner, mascara and I put fake eyelashes on and then when I was ready she came back and finished off my makeup.  There was a little time where I was just standing there hair spraying myself with their hairspray because I found it to be good and I think I did this 5 different times.

3.  she must have been ok with it because I drew her a picture and said this is what I want and she did exactly to my drawing!

Originally Posted by NurseM 

Sheena

Great review it was awesome, a couple of questions for you.....

1.) When did you ask claudia about the extra people trading for the cocktail hour and mexican trio???

2.) how much time did it take you to get your hair/makeup done?

3.) i read that there is only a sweetheart table but you had a head table is she ok with that?

Thanks!!

#5035 rudebaga

rudebaga
          • 46 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:33 PM

@RachelandChris2011...Don't worry about the weather...we're here now...our wedding is on Saturday.  A few days ago the forecast was for scattered showers, and that's exactly what they were.  2 times that day it started to lightly sprinkle, then dounpour for 5 minutes, then stopped.  So even if it is raining at your exact wedding time, they'll likely have you wait 20 min and then start your ceremony :)  The past 3 days have been sunny and 80, just perfect!  I have a nice tan now for the wedding!  There is a weather channel on the tv in the rooms.  The weather report seems to change a bit every 6 hours, but as of now Sat/Sun are scattered showers, but Monday is sunny again.  Good luck with your upcoming wedding! We are all set and excited!

Debbie  :)

#5036 NurseM

NurseM
            • Site Supporter
            • 187 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:37 PM

@Rudebaga, good luck with your wedding! can't wait to hear all about it.

#5037 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
              • Banned
              • 630 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:14 AM

Debbie and Rachel -

Both of you are so close!!!  Pre-Congratulations!  We all can't wait to hear every little detail and see tons of pictures!

#5038 NurseM

NurseM
                • Site Supporter
                • 187 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:01 AM

Ok freaking out a little bit, our travel agent just informed us that the end part of our room block that people wanted to extend too is starting to sell out!!! Now we have to secure a room block in a higher category for the three nights after our room block.....ahhhhh my parents haven't booked yet! I just send out invitations. Ok having a mini panic attack the first of many i am sure.

PS I think its so close that, time factor finally just set in

#5039 KB&JC

KB&JC
                  • 70 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:11 AM

Dang that is crazy! I am getting married 10 days before you and I am worried about people booking in time! Luckily everyone super important to us already booked!

Dreams Cancun
                    May 14, 2011
                    Bride and Groom +37 booked and counting!!

#5040 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
                    • Banned
                    • 630 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:40 AM

A couple of questions for all of the married ladies or birdes-to-be that had site visits:

1.  Are fans placed in the ceremony chairs at the gazebo a waste of time/effort due to the wind?  I see them in all of the planning threads and they are pretty, but if the gazebo is so windy then they wouldn't be of any use.

2.  Is there any need for bug repellant in the OOT bags?  Another item I see on this forum, that doesn't seem to be needed for our resort.

I have made a file of a lot of ideas based on what I have seen on this forum, and I am trying to narrow down what does not apply to us.  Are there any other common forum ideas that you ladies can think of that don't apply to Dreams Cancun brides?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter