Photo

Dreams Cancun - Questions for those married here!

• Please log in to reply
6684 replies to this topic

#4831 jana297

jana297
  • 646 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:47 AM

Hey guys!!! I think today is Shanbeth wedding!! I will be thinking of her all day today!!

KB&JC that is ridiculous that they can change the rules on you! More and more I am getting worried about this resort. i really hope we made the right choce!!

Dreams Cacun Resort & Spa
    April 6, 2012

#4832 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
    • Banned
    • 630 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:58 AM

KB&JC - can you give any details and/or an update around your photographer situation?  I am planning on asking a local photographer tonight to come with us (staying for 5 ninghts) and your post now has me concerned.

Courtney

#4833 KB&JC

KB&JC
      • 70 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:47 PM

I have heard other girls say that they have brought a photographer and it has been fine. If you bring them they are your guests so I dont think they can even say anything!! We have Cecilia Dumas so I think her and Claudia dont like each other or something! Its just so frusterating because Claudia wont even email me back and tell me whats going on!!!!

Dreams Cancun
        May 14, 2011
        Bride and Groom +37 booked and counting!!

#4834 jana297

jana297
        • 646 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by KB&JC 

I have heard other girls say that they have brought a photographer and it has been fine. If you bring them they are your guests so I dont think they can even say anything!! We have Cecilia Dumas so I think her and Claudia dont like each other or something! Its just so frusterating because Claudia wont even email me back and tell me whats going on!!!!

I really feel your pain!! It is absolutely ridiculous that they take weeks to get back to you. I just spoke to my travel agent and she said this is a major problem at Dreams!! Also if you don't use the photographer make sure they give you a credit. I heard one bride is getting a $300 credit for not using the photographer that comes in her package!

April 6, 2012

#4835 KB&JC

KB&JC
          • 70 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:04 PM

So she Finally emailed me back but still wont allow Cecilia Dumas. So what the hell am I supposed to do now? UGH!!!

Dreams Cancun
            May 14, 2011
            Bride and Groom +37 booked and counting!!

#4836 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
            • Banned
            • 630 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:54 AM

KB&JC - I am so sorry.  What exactly did Claudia say?  No outside photographer or specifically not Cecilia Dumas? 

#4837 Rachel&Chris2011

Rachel&Chris2011
              • 183 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:18 AM

Ladies we are bringing a photographer from home. Paying for his stay at the hotel and airfare. Cecilia told me it would not be a problem. Honestly I dont see how they could even say no. If they are staying at the hotel and want to take pictures of you and video who is going to stop them... Im pretty sure Cecilia and Claudia will not be runnign around blocking them from taking pics.

#4838 jana297

jana297
                • 646 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel&Chris2011 

Ladies we are bringing a photographer from home. Paying for his stay at the hotel and airfare. Cecilia told me it would not be a problem. Honestly I dont see how they could even say no. If they are staying at the hotel and want to take pictures of you and video who is going to stop them... Im pretty sure Cecilia and Claudia will not be runnign around blocking them from taking pics.

This is absurd....I would call the resort and speak to her. What is good for one bride should be good for another bride.

April 6, 2012

#4839 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
                  • Banned
                  • 630 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:14 AM

Cecilia Dumas is a local wedding photographer (local to Cancun/Riviera Maya), so I am guessing they aer trying to pull some sort of outside vendor crap.  I thought the rule was that they could come to the resort as long as you paid an outside vendor fee (I thought that was ~$100, but I could be mistaken).

i just signed a contrat for a local photographer to travel with me - so he will be staying at the hotel.

#4840 jana297

jana297
                    • 646 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:29 AM

I hired an outside florist and was told I would just have to pay an $100 outside vendor fee!! I am emailing Claudia right now actually! Not that it really matters since she never returns my emails.

Attached Files

April 6, 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter